Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Hill, Klein Forest HS CB Prospect

Started by Tomhog™, January 18, 2008, 10:57:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

Josh Hill, or J-Hill, was a big part of a defensive unit that was highly regarded and considered one of the best in the area. Hill stands 5-11 and weighs in at 190 pounds and sports a 4.4 40 yard dash time.  This season he accumulated 45 tackles and 5 interceptions from his cornerback position for the Klein Forest Golden Eagles.

Oklahoma has offered him.  California is looking at offering.  He has a handfull of other offers.  Let's hope we can snag this one!

click here for more

Hogs12

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 18, 2008, 10:57:32 am

Josh Hill, or J-Hill, was a big part of a defensive unit that was highly regarded and considered one of the best in the area. Hill stands 5-11 and weighs in at 190 pounds and sports a 4.4 40 yard dash time.  This season he accumulated 45 tackles and 5 interceptions from his cornerback position for the Klein Forest Golden Eagles.

Oklahoma has offered him.  California is looking at offering.  He has a handfull of other offers.  Let's hope we can snag this one!

click here for more

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/214053. You might want to read the article. It seems like if offered, both Patrick and Hill will commit to Arkansas. The Houston area has produced plenty of talent over the years. I would getting these two guys would open that pipeline.

Tomhog™

I've read the article ealier this am.  It was already posted before I got to do my job.  I'm intrigued by the offer to Deonte.  His numbers didn't jump out to me.  But he did average around 20 yards per catch.  I'm still 100% behind any player this staff elects to offer.

DeltaBoy

Playing in Arlington Texas at Jerry's Palace should open up that Houston pipeline!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

COCHISE

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 18, 2008, 11:18:04 am
I've read the article ealier this am.  It was already posted before I got to do my job.  I'm intrigued by the offer to Deonte.  His numbers didn't jump out to me.  But he did average around 20 yards per catch.  I'm still 100% behind any player this staff elects to offer.
TomHog, do you think D. Patrick is probably being looked at to play in the secondary also? Rivals lists him as a safety and we certainly need more help at DB than WR.

Tomhog™

Quote from: 870 RZR on January 18, 2008, 11:37:26 am
TomHog, do you think D. Patrick is probably being looked at to play in the secondary also? Rivals lists him as a safety and we certainly need more help at DB than WR.

That would be the only thing that makes sense to me.  We have quite a few committed WRs higher rated than him.  We still have Aaron Boyd looking as well.

Hogs12

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 18, 2008, 11:18:04 am

Rivals has Mr. Patrick listed as a Safety. He might move to Safety. He could also play some WR at Arkansas. I trust the staff in who they offer. They have developed plenty of ** and *** players to show they know what they are doing. It seems if all goes well, I would think Both Patrick and Hill visit Arkansas Feb 1st right? I think work ethic, attitude and the other things are more important than stars. Yes you would love to have all **** and ***** players but not all of them are going to have the work ethic and attitude. That is what VA Tech, WV and some other programs are all about. Yes there have gotten several 5 and 4 star players but overall they get ** and *** with good work ethics, attitudes and develop them into great units. I know the Big East and ACC are different than the SEC but if you want to get anywhere, you do not want guys who think they are bigger than the program.

PorkSoda

THese guys look decent, I would bet they are back up plans if some of our other top offers don't come through, or if more guys decommit.  Klien is kind of a rich kid school just north of houston.  I wonder what kind of competition they play?  At least grades shouldn't be an issue for these kids.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LAHOGG

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 18, 2008, 11:44:50 am
That would be the only thing that makes sense to me.  We have quite a few committed WRs higher rated than him.  We still have Aaron Boyd looking as well.

We aren't bringing these guys in until the first.  I hope that if Boyd and or Adams commits one or both or these visits will be canceled.  Just a hunch.  I think Petrino likes to have back ups just in case.

jgphillips3

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 18, 2008, 12:14:40 pm
Klien is kind of a rich kid school just north of houston.  I wonder what kind of competition they play? 

So is PA in Little Rock (relative to the size and wealth of the city), but we were happy to get Cruz Williams and he looks like he can play.  I bet they get outstanding coaching at that school if it is a "money" school.  If Petrino is interested, I trust him.

jgphillips3

Quote from: LAHOGG on January 18, 2008, 12:45:45 pm
I think Petrino likes to have back ups just in case.

Wait...you aren't suggesting he actually has a plan for recruiting are you?  What is that? (sarcasm)

Hogs12

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 18, 2008, 12:55:07 pm
Wait...you aren't suggesting he actually has a plan for recruiting are you?  What is that? (sarcasm)

I was always wondering about your text/picture. Are you implying Chimay Beer is bad? I know other beers from Belgium are better but it is still  better than anything the US offers( the main ones, Bud, Coors, Miller etc). I do like Sam Adams and some of the microbrews though.

PorkSoda

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 18, 2008, 12:54:12 pm
I bet they get outstanding coaching at that school if it is a "money" school. 
Probably so...With the number of interceptions he has, it looks like he plays the ball well
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LJHOG

sounds like a young man who wants to be a Razorback.  i'm thinkin' we still take those right??  LOL

jackflash

I think their looking hard at Hill for DB because its a need. Only question I would have is what his real speed. One reports its 4.4 another reports 4.53 pretty big difference