Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michigan's class

Started by Big Daddy, January 18, 2008, 09:52:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Daddy

With all the negative publicity from RR leaving WV the way he did they still they still have (14) 4 stars and rank 12th according to Rivals. I don't think the negative publicity really hurts good programs that much.Players are going there because it's Michigan more than Rich Rod is there. http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

Razorvet

It could hurt them more than you think if they cant get a QB up there to fill thier roster. It will be interesting to see if they get Pryor bc that would be RR rather than Michigan. If they cant they are in for trouble.

dqhog33

I dont see how it could hurt them.  They finally have a coach who has a clue

mj4president

RR is one of the best coaches in the nation and oh yea it's MICHIGAN. I don't like it as much as any of yall but we will always be "Arkansas" around the nation.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

SquidBilly

They are 12th ranked right now but their are 3 recruiting weekends coming up and I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of their commits flip after visiting somewhere else.

HotlantaHog

There may be some changes, some who drop out and others who add Michigan, but it is absolutely true. Michigan won't suffer from a coaching change -- and by the way, neither will Arkansas.

Big Daddy

Quote from: mj4president on January 18, 2008, 10:44:32 am
RR is one of the best coaches in the nation and oh yea it's MICHIGAN. I don't like it as much as any of yall but we will always be "Arkansas" around the nation.

With all due respect that's the thinking we need to put in the past. We CAN return to the days of being mentioned with the Michigan's. And I'll always believe we can.

VenturaHog

Quote from: mj4president on January 18, 2008, 10:44:32 am

I agree that the country will never love Arkansas, thats fine by me they never have, but I believe we are on the track to being a top teir team.

Torqued pork

Negative pub for Rich Rod ??? Compared to Petrino RR has been canonized.

Big Daddy

January 18, 2008, 07:34:27 pm #9 Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:41:29 pm by Big Daddy
Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on January 18, 2008, 06:23:36 pm
Negative pub for Rich Rod ??? Compared to Petrino RR has been canonized.

There have been negative articles just not on BSPN.

Sao Ming

Quote from: dqhog33 on January 18, 2008, 10:36:28 am
I dont see how it could hurt them.  They finally have a coach who has a clue

We'll see how good he is if he misses on Pryor and is forced to run Threet out there.  Bellotti was a top 5'er until Dixon got hurt too.  Michigan cannot survive without a quality QB and now that RR has narrowed the gap on who can run his offense, things may get interesting up there.  Pat White isn't walking through that door...

jep_hog_fan

And they're going to continue to get 4 star players, they're MEEEsheeegun. Doesn't matter about bad publicity. Lloyd Carr calling a reporter dumb at halftime didn't affect recruiting any a few years back, why would a few pissy fans in WV make any difference?