Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richard Davenport's Friday recruiting column

Started by Hogstocking, January 18, 2008, 07:49:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogstocking

January 18, 2008, 07:49:52 am Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 02:24:20 pm by Richard Davenport
Excellent as usual, but I really love this: 

ADAMS WATCH Central Arkansas Christian receiver Joe Adams, who orally committed to Southern Cal over the summer, will take an official visit to Arkansas this weekend. He'll visit Southern Cal next weekend. Those are the only two visits Adams has planned. Assistant coach Tim Horton took over Adams' recruitment after former running backs coach Danny Nutt stepped down because of health concerns, and Adams has credited Horton for his renewed interest in the Razorbacks. The hiring of Coach Bobby Petrino and his in-home visit with Adams in December has put the Hogs in serious contention for the talented athlete, and I really like Arkansas' chances of landing Adams.    8) 

http://wholehogsports.com/adg/214053

The last time you really liked Arkansas' chances, we got Mallett :razorback:

SpringTxHOG

Adams would be a great get, as would P. Hill!  P. Hill looks a lot bigger than 6-1 180lbs...I watched him play Klein Oak this year.  He plays in the district where I reside.  I didn't think The Hogs were even in on him.  Let me say this...he took DeSean Hales(sp?) to school (Texas WR recruit).  Hill will bring the wood!  I bet he ends up a safety in college.  Both Adams and Hill would look great in the Hogs secondary! 

Razorvet

I would say after reading that article that CBP is working smartly this season. He knows hes not gonna sweep in and steal the rivals 250 from the teams that recently won a BCS game so he is going after solid role players and trying really hard to get the best skill players available. Ive heard some compare his recruiting to Nutts but there is a difference. Ive never heard the volume of names or visits coming in like this before. I do think its telling that he is on these recruits like this yet he seems to have "overlooked" a name or two. You have to know he aint strokin egos.

WindyCityHog

Adams is a "must-get" in my book.  Not only do the Hogs need him, but something needs to be done about USC making inroads into Arkansas....gotta stop that pipeline at some point.

Adam Stokes

Further down it talks about Houston Pruitt getting an offer from Tulsa.  Gosh I would hate to have that name, it would almost be as bad as Teresa Nutt.

PorkSoda

Quote from: ajs15razorman on January 18, 2008, 03:15:47 pm
Further down it talks about Houston Pruitt getting an offer from Tulsa.  Gosh I would hate to have that name, it would almost be as bad as Teresa Nutt.
With a name like that, he had to go out of state.  He would never have lived it down in arkansas.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgballz

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 18, 2008, 05:52:23 pm
With a name like that, he had to go out of state.  He would never have lived it down in arkansas.

He has not gone out of state, he just got an offer from Tulsa.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: WindyCityHog on January 18, 2008, 02:40:01 pm
Adams is a "must-get" in my book.  Not only do the Hogs need him, but something needs to be done about USC making inroads into Arkansas....gotta stop that pipeline at some point.
YAHTZEE!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

LJHOG

I give them Petrino boys credit for one thing.  They're out there after 'em.  I tell ya it's sure good to see.