Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why not give DeAndre Brown who is a 5 star WR per Rivals.com a call?

Started by FedUpWithNutt, January 17, 2008, 10:00:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FedUpWithNutt

I know Arkansas is not one of his schools listed as "possibles", but...it wouldn't hurt to give him a call now that Petrino is here.  He has 8 SEC schools listed, so apparently he wants to play in the SEC!  What do you think?     

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=50455&Sport=1

Nate-Hawg

He looks just like Dave Chappelle dressed up like the crack head.

FedUpWithNutt

It just seems to me like it wouldn't hurt to give him a call and try to get him to come up and take a visit.  Once he's here and sees the facilities, and meets BP, then he might rethink.     

Quote from: Nate-Hawg on January 17, 2008, 10:02:14 pm
He looks just like Dave Chappelle dressed up like that crack head character.

Nate-Hawg

Quote from: SonicHogMan on January 17, 2008, 10:05:59 pm
It just seems to me like it wouldn't hurt to give him a call and try to get him to come up and take a visit.  Once he's here and sees the facilities, and meets BP, then he might rethink.     

Heck yeah, I say give him a call and Burton Scott too. Burton goes to the same high school as Marcal Robinson and he actually has us on his list.

FedUpWithNutt

Burton looks like he's a strong commitment for Alabama, but you never know for sure till signing day usually.  He's only 5' 11", but he's got good speed. Who knows, maybe Marcal could talk his high school teammate into being a Hog.  That would be great!

Quote from: Nate-Hawg on January 17, 2008, 10:20:49 pm
Heck yeah, I say give him a call and Burton Scott too. Burton goes to the same high school as Marcal Robinson and he actually has us on his list.

FedUpWithNutt

Huh??   Wrong link?   The link is for DeAndre Brown. That is who I mentioned in the title of the thread?  What do you mean?

Quote from: SpringTxHOG on January 17, 2008, 10:49:27 pm
wrong link...

Nate-Hawg

Quote from: SonicHogMan on January 17, 2008, 10:39:20 pm
Burton looks like he's a strong commitment for Alabama, but you never know for sure till signing day usually.  He's only 5' 11", but he's got good speed. Who knows, maybe Marcal could talk his high school teammate into being a Hog.  That would be great!

I wouldn't think any of us would agree that a "soft verbal" was a "strong commitment" anymore after the players that have backed out on us. You're right, you never know until signing day.

outlawhogeywells

3kgthog

If he can play DB then give him a call. We're already stocked up on WRs and we're continuing to neglect the defense. I hope we can outscore everyone.

jpenrod1

He looks just like monk. seems about the same size and speed.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: SonicHogMan on January 17, 2008, 10:00:20 pm
I know Arkansas is not one of his schools listed as "possibles", but...it wouldn't hurt to give him a call now that Petrino is here.  He has 8 SEC schools listed, so apparently he wants to play in the SEC!  What do you think?     

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=50455&Sport=1

I think it's a little late to be "giving him a call" It's not like oh by the way now that signing day is coming up we'd like to land some elite players. Don't worry about the fact that we haven't recruited you up to this point.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Doggtown31LCC

L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

Nate-Hawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 18, 2008, 01:34:31 am
If he can play DB then give him a call. We're already stocked up on WRs and we're continuing to neglect the defense. I hope we can outscore everyone.

Hehe... I think if we landed a 5 star WR, we could find someone else to play DB.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Nate-Hawg

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Nate-Hawg on January 17, 2008, 10:02:14 pm
He looks just like Dave Chappelle dressed up like the crack head.

tyrone biggums

"i smoke crack rocks"

Tammany Tom

Quote from: SonicHogMan on January 17, 2008, 10:00:20 pm

DeAndre Brown will be signing with LSU on NSD. It's been a pretty much done deal for quite a long time. He just hasn't announced yet. One of his best friends is Richard Dickson (our tight end that caught 2 TD's against Ohio State in the NC game, who is also from Ocean Springs). Richard and DeAndre's mother have said for a long time that DeAndre will be a LSU Tiger.

Beaverfever

I was kind of surprised with the 4.62 and the 28 inch vertical.  Pretty underwhelming numbers.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 18, 2008, 12:27:48 pm
I was kind of surprised with the 4.62 and the 28 inch vertical.  Pretty underwhelming numbers.

The greatest WR in the history of the game ran a 4.65 40 and had a vertical under 30 inches. Yes, that would be Jerry Rice.

While speed and leaping ability are very important measurables, there are times when the measurables just don't tell the story. There is a reason why LSU, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia, etc. have recruited this kid hard.

NuttinItUp

chiefsfan

Did I really just see a 5 star reciever with a Houston Nutt coached squad on his list of potential destinations?

Did he eat some bad mushrooms or something?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Tammany Tom

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 18, 2008, 01:53:12 pm
Thats what I thought. How can he be 5 stars with a 40 like that?

Here are Brown's numbers at the New Orleans Scout Combine:

Height:  6-6.5
Weight:  220
40-Yard Dash:  4.52
Short Shuttle:  4.34
Vertical Jump:  32.6"
3-Cone:  7.50
Broad Jump:  8-9

Here is just a small list of the schools that have offered:

Florida
LSU
Texas Tech 
Tennessee 
Mississippi State
Miami-FL 
Georgia 
Alabama 
Auburn

I think the coaching staff's of these Universities know just a tad bit more about who is a good WR prospect and who isn't compared to the rest of us.

arktravlr

Quote from: Tammany Tom on January 18, 2008, 03:22:44 pm
Here is just a small list of the schools that have offered:

Florida
LSU
Texas Tech 
Tennessee 
Mississippi State
Miami-FL 
Georgia 
Alabama 
Auburn

I think the coaching staff's of these Universities know just a tad bit more about who is a good WR prospect and who isn't compared to the rest of us.

Shh...you are upsetting the arm chair scouts

Vandimar

I think what you are missing when you look at his numbers is that he is 6'6. You can train to get faster and improve your vertical but you can't train being real tall. 2 other things more important than speed and vertical are hands and ability to run good routes. Long story short, speed is overrated, especially in the collegiate ranks.
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

kclvr

I would bet he would be the best  WR here next year if we could get him. He tore it up in the AL - MS all-star game, all week. This is when he went from a 4 to a 5 star.

losthawg68

Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

RickyRoma

Quote from: Tammany Tom on January 18, 2008, 12:19:00 pm
DeAndre Brown will be signing with LSU on NSD. It's been a pretty much done deal for quite a long time. He just hasn't announced yet. One of his best friends is Richard Dickson (our tight end that caught 2 TD's against Ohio State in the NC game, who is also from Ocean Springs). Richard and DeAndre's mother have said for a long time that DeAndre will be a LSU Tiger.

LSU???  Oh, then it certainly must be a done deal...

Tammany Tom

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on January 18, 2008, 10:09:06 pm
LSU???  Oh, then it certainly must be a done deal...

You don't have to believe me, it is quite your perogative. I follow LSU recruiting very closely. When a prospect is a not likely to commit to LSU I say it. When everything points to a prospect signing with us, I say that too. A lot of people in Baton Rouge have been saying it has been a done deal for a long time now. Of course, nothing is absolute in the world of recruiting, but all the information out there points toward DeAndre signing with LSU.