Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some of our recruits aren't as excited about Petrino as we are!! (OM fan)

Started by impact, January 16, 2008, 09:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

impact

It seems many are taking visits to Oxford at the request of the Nuttster.  Hopefully the new coaching staff makes a good impression on the recruits because TCTWF seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder and now personally making recruiting visits.
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

Petrinos Pigs

I wish Nutt would've recruited Arkansas and texass this hard the last 10 years.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

jgphillips3

Those guys were recruited by Nutt and it doesn't surprise me that some of them would visit his school.  Hell, he probably begged them to even if they wouldn't sign just to get at the Arkansas fans (his motivation, not the kids).  Be worried if the Arkansas kids from next year are that interested in the Nutts.  As much as I dislike Nutt, I can't blame an impressionable 18 year old for believing his lies.  I wouldn't read too awful much into it.

hawgwash

I think after this year, or maybe a little bit next year, we won't see or hear much about Nutt recruiting Arkansas hard.  Right now he's going after guys that have already committed to his team once.  I don't think he really knows anyone else to go after.  After a year or two he'll just be another out of state coach, in fact one from a relatively lower tier school.

LuckyGiraffe

Who cares...Nutt is doing anything he can to try to steal the players committed to UA.

Whatever class Petrino can put together this year is just icing on the cake.  Wait until he has a whole year to put together a recruiting class of his own.

jackflash

Just because there visiting doesn't mean they will end up signing with Ole Miss. His best chance will be with the outstate kids.

pignatious

I want this staff to get into Mississippi hard next year. I want them to target every top recruit Nutt has on his list. I really want to see how Nutt feels going against Petrino when he is established at Arkansas with his staff. That will be nice.
Freedom is never free.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: pignatious on January 16, 2008, 10:48:41 pm
I want this staff to get into Mississippi hard next year. I want them to target every top recruit Nutt has on his list. I really want to see how Nutt feels going against Petrino when he is established at Arkansas with his staff. That will be nice.

That won't be neccesary because our asst. coaches have serious ties to High School's in Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Virginia and Northern Louisiana so unless its a can't miss prospect lurking Mississippi they will concentrate on their strengths....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

SquidBilly

These kids and their parents bought what he was selling before when he was coach here so it's not surprising that there is still a relationship there.  Hopefully the desire to play good football at a better university will keep them here with us but we all knew it would be a challenge in recruiting this year with as late as Petrino got into the game.  Next year will be different because that recruiting class will be 100% Petrino's so when those kids commit it will be to him and his staff.  We're just going to have to suffer through a few lumps this year I'm afraid.  Hopefully not too many though.

Gohawgs 71

Quote from: hawgfan923 on January 16, 2008, 09:12:56 pm
Who cares...Nutt is doing anything he can to try to steal the players committed to UA.

Whatever class Petrino can put together this year is just icing on the cake.  Wait until he has a whole year to put together a recruiting class of his own.

How the F@#$ did JFB and White give Nutt 3.5 mill and a BS story for him to exit gracefully and at least not obtain a formal or informal agreement for Nutt not to go after committs.  Disgraceful!!!   Good ridance Frank

Petrinos Pigs

It's called negative recruiting.
Nutt is good at being negative; at least towards anyone but himself.
Hog Born and Hog Breed

3kgthog

Nutt is ignoring the good players Ole Miss already had committed and he's going after the Arkansas commits.

josh_sec33

hawgwash is right. We all know how lazy TCTWF is at recruiting. In fact, he was so lazy, that he took all of the info on Arkansas's recruits with him. These were the only people that he knew about to recruit, so he's trying to get his recruits that he knows about.

I mean, getting to know about the Ole Miss recruits that had committed already would be more work for him.

Unless he takes a snap from one in his office.

;)

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: impact on January 16, 2008, 09:00:04 pm
It seems many are taking visits to Oxford at the request of the Nuttster.  Hopefully the new coaching staff makes a good impression on the recruits because TCTWF seems to have a huge chip on his shoulder and now personally making recruiting visits.

Really? Not what I am hearing! Why don't you wait till after they visit the campus over the next couple of weeks to come back and eat crow?

baydor

They were recruited by nutt to run nutts system (4 different variations of the draw play)...petrino's offense might not fit their style of play.
"Everybody has a plan...until they get punched in the mouth"  --Mike Tyson

Hawgvillain

I can't wait till our recruits stay committed and most of Ole Miss's look elsewhere.  All this will blow up in ole Hootie's face...

jackflash

Is this Nutt having a problem recruiting?  Having to share Mississippi kids with Miss State, So Miss and other schools outside the state. Couldn't happen to a better person

Razorvet

forrest city joe

BP will be a great recruiter for us. and it will start next year.again,it will take time. next year we will be beating Bama,LSU and UT for players. not recruiting against the likes of Ole miss. i going to be great hawg fans.

ballhogger14u

i'm not sure where your getting your info on Hall, but he will be at the uof a next year and still has his visit us

saywhat?

Quote from: impact on January 20, 2008, 06:37:08 pm
Hall's mom said it was down to wire between us and Ole Miss.  We better recruit nationally well.  Nutt will be playing the us vs. them theme quite heavily.

No she didn't.  You took her words out of context the same as the Ole Miss writer did.   

3kgthog

Recruiting offense won't be a problem from now on. It's the defense that we'll struggle with.

I am MrAZIFFELL

Quote from: impact on January 20, 2008, 06:51:36 pm
As reported:

"Matt still has Arkansas and Missouri left for his official visits, but Mrs. Hall said we were not reading too much into her comments to say Matt is leaning toward Ole Miss right now."

This is in fact a very true statement...

hog_fan

As long as hogs get a visit, we have a solid shot in my opinion. Wouldn't shock me if he goes to Ole Miss.  He clearly loves Nutt and Markuson. I think he has potential to be solid player with hard work and solid coaching.

big john

you will see bp get these kid up there they will be hogs,if thats were there heart is wait an see .
john goodwin

Bubba's Bruisers

This will be the only year that Nutt will be a real threat to us in recruiting.  It's only because these same kids originally committed to him...not BP.  It's very likely that no in-state player ends up at Ole Miss, which will be the most telling. 

Also, don't forget that maybe, just maybe, BP is just as responsible for the out-of-staters moving over to Ole Miss.  While he has stated that he would honor all previous commitments, I doubt he's going to go out of his way to be all warm and fuzzy with those that he wouldn't have wanted in the first place. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hog Waller

Who cares...many of these recruits committed to Nutt not the school...and there is a real possibility that Coach Petrino doesn't want them, even though he said he would honor all scholarship offers....I am sure there are some recruits from the Nutt regime that Coach Petrino is thing he can do better (even with the late start) or they don't fit his system offensively or defensively and he can do better.

aloha_kid

He is sitting at 23 commits according to Rivals, that doesn't give him much more to steal away.

aloha_kid

Quote from: impact on January 20, 2008, 06:51:36 pm
As reported:

"Matt still has Arkansas and Missouri left for his official visits, but Mrs. Hall said we were not reading too much into her comments to say Matt is leaning toward Ole Miss right now."

I lean a little when I take an Ole Piss as well :)