Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wilson and Youngblood still firmly committed even with Mallett addition

Started by NuttinItUp, January 16, 2008, 05:32:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Sorry if this has been posted already:
http://arkansas.scout.com/2/720409.html

Story on how Jim Youngblood and Tyler Wilson say they are firmly committed to the Razorbacks and are looking forward to the competition they will have with Mallett.

My favorite quote of the article:  "I don't feel you should make a decision on where you go to school on who is already there on campus," Youngblood said. "I would still be coming to Arkansas even if Mitch Mustain was still there with everybody else. I have always wanted to be a Razorback, that's what I am going to be and I look forward to the compeition and all of us getting better."

Thats the attitude I like to see in players.

NuttinItUp

I didn't realize we would have 5 eligible QBs next year even without Mallett, but it seems to be the case:
QuoteWhen you throw in Razorback returning starter Casey Dick and his brother Nathan (who redshirted as a true freshman) and even talented walk-on Brian Reader, that's a plethora of seemingly big-time quarterbacks on campus at one time.

While Mallett sits out the 2008 season due to NCAA rules, new Razorback head coach Bobby Petrino will give the other five a shot to lead the squad. He made it clear in his first press conference that no one's starting job is safe and he knows that all the quarterbacks have the same mindset.

Surely we can find at least one good passer out of 5 to run the Petrino style offense.

BrooklynRoss

I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

moses_007

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 16, 2008, 05:35:47 pm
I didn't realize we would have 5 eligible QBs next year even without Mallett, but it seems to be the case:

Surely we can find at least one good passer out of 5 to run the Petrino style offense.

I expect both Youngblood and Wilson to play a lot as freshmen.

Razorvet

I hope both find some success but think they should redshirt to play a year or two after Mallet goes pro.

Bohawg

tophawg19

i'm still not sure RM beats youngblood . i can see JY being our version of tim tebow.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawgfandude

Youngblood & Wilson are going to have a year's headstart on Ryan.  It will be interesting.

champ

Would not mind seeing Wilson commiting back to Tulsa only because im also a Tulsa a fan.

johnfanman

Quote from: champ on January 16, 2008, 06:32:49 pm
Would not mind seeing Wilson commiting back to Tulsa only because im also a Tulsa a fan.
i think this would be a good move...one more arkansan to cheer for, because mallet has the job starting 2009...this talent doesn't just grow on trees in texas?
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

jfisdirtybird

Wilson's the stud QB. A Quick thinker, sees the whole field, reacts to the defense, makes the play when you need it and, oh yea, kicked Youngblood's butt in the playoffs......

NuttinItUp

Quote from: johnfanman on January 16, 2008, 08:17:17 pm
i think this would be a good move...one more arkansan to cheer for, because mallet has the job starting 2009...this talent doesn't just grow on trees in texas?
I don't think any job is guaranteed with Petrino. Just because we think Mallett will be the starter in 2009 doesn't mean that these other kids, with a year of game experience playing in Petrino's system, won't have the edge going into 09.

FedUpWithNutt

I am really sold on this Youngblood kid.  He is going to be a very good player and P.R. person for Arkansas.

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 16, 2008, 05:32:08 pm

Story on how Jim Youngblood and Tyler Wilson say they are firmly committed to the Razorbacks and are looking forward to the competition they will have with Mallett.

My favorite quote of the article:  “I don’t feel you should make a decision on where you go to school on who is already there on campus,” Youngblood said. “I would still be coming to Arkansas even if Mitch Mustain was still there with everybody else. I have always wanted to be a Razorback, that’s what I am going to be and I look forward to the compeition and all of us getting better.”

AirAttack0823

Youngblood is good but i just dont know how good.  I watched him play when Greenwood played him and i wasnt all that impressed.  I know neither one had an amazing game but Tyler i think will really prosper in this offensive scheme.  He is great at reading the defenses and checking to different plays.  He is also good at escaping pressure while making throws on the run. Plus he is a proven winner.  I am excited to see who comes out on top.

Bigfoot

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 16, 2008, 05:32:08 pm

My favorite quote of the article:  “I don’t feel you should make a decision on where you go to school on who is already there on campus,” Youngblood said. “I would still be coming to Arkansas even if Mitch Mustain was still there with everybody else. I have always wanted to be a Razorback, that’s what I am going to be and I look forward to the compeition and all of us getting better.”

This young man has his head on straight! Good to know he will be our QB in the future!