Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De'Anthony Curtis visited by familiar coaches

Started by Tomhog™, January 16, 2008, 12:25:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

How is recruiting going?

"It is going really good. We have opened things up, but I am still committed to Arkansas."

Who else is involved?

"Ole Miss brought in their head coach Tuesday. Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Texas Tech are also on me pretty good

click here for more

hog_fan

Didn't Curtis point blank say he was a hog when interviewed on the news? He said he was going to Arkansas 3 or 4 times. This guy isn't a hog for sure. He is very open to Ole Miss in my opinion.

clifflee4mvp

WE CANNOT LOSE THIS GUY PETRINO!!! PLEASE DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

antiono hogderas

Looks like we may have a fight on our hands to keep these guys.

Beaverfever

I'm starting to wonder if Andre Dean is being recruited as a replacement for Curtis.

The_Bionic_Pig

Umm..... Yancy Robinson is the same guy who had Kodi Burns as a heavy lean to Ole Miss.  He has since re-vised the story after Dudley Dawson interviewed Kodi Burns and he claimed a lot of the quotes/statements to be false.  Click Me to view the edited version.   

In short,  I seriously doubt De'Anthony would re-assure the fan base, his teamates etc... then have a dramatic change of heart not 48hrs later. (But stranger things have occured)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Beaverfever

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 16, 2008, 12:48:45 pm
Umm..... Yancy Robinson is the same guy who had Kodi Burns as a heavy lean to Ole Miss.  He has since re-vised the story after Dudley Dawson interviewed Kodi Burns and he claimed a lot of the quotes/statements to be false.  Click Me to view the edited version.   

In short,  I seriously doubt De'Anthony would re-assure the fan base, his teamates etc... then have a dramatic change of heart not 48hrs later. (But stranger things have occured)
Curtis said, "We have opened things up".  Not too many ways to spin that.  I agree w/u that he will stay with the hogs though.

InHogWeTrust

Competing for RB's with an 85% run 15% pass coach is tough regardless who it is.  Bottom line is do the recruits want rings or reps?

Beaverfever

January 16, 2008, 12:53:31 pm #8 Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:55:09 pm by Beaverfever
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 16, 2008, 12:52:14 pm
Believe what you will, just gave my honest opinion...
To be honest I misread you're original post about him making up quotes...I see what you mean.  I must be naive as I didn't know reporters would actually do that.

Dropkick

The @sskissing days are over. If you want to be a Hog get onboard otherwise go play with Devan Thomas and we'll try and get Dean to replace you.

Dropkick

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: Dropkick on January 16, 2008, 12:55:34 pm
Bet i get smited!

Not by most you won't.  I think you're right.  We still have a sells pitch and all, but I really believe that in the next 4-6 years we will have built up a reputation as a winner and we'll be having to decide which **** recruit at a position to offer and which to note offer, at least at certain positions.  RB will probably always be a deep at Arkansas and if Petrino can make 1,000 yard back out of Michael Smith, Brandon Barnett, or one of the freshmen, then we'll still be able to get the Darren McFaddens, Felix Joneses, etc. etc.

regi

Look, we know that Nutt and his staff are average recruiters. We also know that honesty is not one of Nutt's strong points. Nutt's #2 Lacky (Vaughn) has ZERO recruitng juice in the southeast other than his old High School. Ogeron didn't leave much and the only place they can get visits is with Arkansas kids that David Lee recruited. They will not stop recruiting these guys because those losers have no better plan.

PigPusher

Quote from: hog_fan on January 16, 2008, 12:34:36 pm
Didn't Curtis point blank say he was a hog when interviewed on the news? He said he was going to Arkansas 3 or 4 times. This guy isn't a hog for sure. He is very open to Ole Miss in my opinion.

Just enjoying his "15 minutes" of fame IMO.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Landonhog

How do 18 year old kids not understand the definition of "committed"?  I'm always baffled how cheaply recruits use that word...  "I'm opening up my recruiting, but I'm committed to _________."  Why don't reporters ask them to clairfy...?

PigPusher

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 16, 2008, 12:46:35 pm
I'm starting to wonder if Andre Dean is being recruited as a replacement for Curtis.

Aundre isn't it?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Beaverfever

Big Daddy

Don't dilly dally Mr. Curtis. You may be doomed to 4 years at OM. Bobby don't play.

Beaverfever

Quote from: Big Daddy on January 16, 2008, 01:13:55 pm
Don't dilly dally Mr. Curtis. You may be doomed to 4 years at OM. Bobby don't play.
I think he'll always have a spot for Curtis. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Beaver I do like the fact that you and other posters are bringing a lot of attention to this matter forcing a much quicker response from said recruit.... no sweeping this under the rug.  Arkansas fans are going to push for a rebuttle/response of some sort   ;D :D ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: PigPusher on January 16, 2008, 01:06:19 pm
Aundre isn't it?

that's as bad as putting a prefix on a normal name (LeBrandon, JeMarcus, etc.)
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

tophawg19

relax guys when you got a date with a 10 your ego still doesn't mind if the 5's 6's and 7's flirt with you . while OM. is flirting with him that takes time away from their recruiting . win/win for us.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

want2be

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 16, 2008, 01:31:17 pm
relax guys when you got a date with a 10 your ego still doesn't mind if the 5's 6's and 7's flirt with you . while OM. is flirting with him that takes time away from their recruiting . win/win for us.

I doubt Curtis would have helped recruit D Johnson then turn his back

If things have opened up, I would like to know why

Beaverfever

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 16, 2008, 01:31:17 pm
IDK what if the 6 or 7 promises she'll do things she can't actually do.

WADHOG

Quote from: Dropkick on January 16, 2008, 12:54:52 pm
The @sskissing days are over. If you want to be a Hog get onboard otherwise go play with Devan Thomas and we'll try and get Dean to replace you.
Wholeheartedly agreed.  I see the article was posted today, but when did the interview take place?  I'm with Dropkick, if you want in, then here's the red carpet, and that's all we can offer.

HgH

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 16, 2008, 03:12:38 pm
IDK what if the 6 or 7 promises she'll do things she can't actually do.
then do her best friend

notreseveredname

Quote from: InHogWeTrust on January 16, 2008, 12:53:02 pm
Competing for RB's with an 85% run 15% pass coach is tough regardless who it is.  Bottom line is do the recruits want rings or reps?

More carries doesn't necessarily translate into better opportunities.  With an effective passing attack, a RB can gain as many yards with less carries and less wear and tear.  Plus the opportunity to show that you can pass block (eg. a blitz) and catch a pass out of the back field will show the NFL scouts you can do a lot more in the pros

jc20

Quote from: want2be on January 16, 2008, 03:10:11 pm

I doubt Curtis would have helped recruit D Johnson then turn his back

If things have opened up, I would like to know why

MONEY TALKS

hawgsav1

I don't think people should panic, even if we lose him, which would be a giant blow.  However, remember these recruits committed to the Ole Piss staff when they were here, so naturally with the way the situation went they are nervous and antsy about the big changeup. It is natural they would decide to keep their options open.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

N HOG

Nutt will have his little moments of fame this year trying to steal recruits away from Arkansas and then, next year, his failure as a recruiter will once again be the norm.

He's obviously enjoying this little game for now. It's all he has going.

hogdemo

Replacement for Curtis? Dean is the best runningback in the Country, hands down.  You better ask somebody!

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 16, 2008, 12:46:35 pm

Hogg_Phan

They are both 4* and if AD is the best in the country,,, should he not be a 5*? All that said, I would always pick an instate 4* against an out of state. JMHO  :-\
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Oklahawg

Nutt had relationships with these players for years in some cases. OM is not across the country. Its across the state line. Nutt is simply shifting the helmet he loves and giving the same pitch. Comfort breeds interest with the recruits.

I'd like to hear the spin Nutt is giving recruits on Petrino.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 16, 2008, 07:56:50 pm
Nutt had relationships with these players for years in some cases. OM is not across the country. Its across the state line. Nutt is simply shifting the helmet he loves and giving the same pitch. Comfort breeds interest with the recruits.

I'd like to hear the spin Nutt is giving recruits on Petrino.

Nutt: look at his falcons record. He's no winner, plus he quit on them so he's no fighter. He let go of the rope!

ksrazorback

If CBP would lay down a few past newspaper headlines of HN, that would be that!!

Note: Remember how HN was so upset because other schools were laying down on the coffee table in the home of recruits, headlines from the Ark Gaz & national media that was plastic covered. Headlines were not to the liking of Mr. Nutt at the time!!  Hee hee hee... ;)
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

BCShogs

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 16, 2008, 12:48:45 pm
Umm..... Yancy Robinson is the same guy who had Kodi Burns as a heavy lean to Ole Miss.  He has since re-vised the story after Dudley Dawson interviewed Kodi Burns and he claimed a lot of the quotes/statements to be false.  Click Me to view the edited version.   

18 year old kids can change their mind very quickly or not tell the complete truth because of what others might say. Remember, Deangelo Williams?

Erockster20

I just want to let my wife know that I am going to open things up and its ok because I am still committed.

Deuce Pigelow

Quote from: Erockster20 on January 17, 2008, 03:52:00 pm
I just want to let my wife know that I am going to open things up and its ok because I am still committed.

How did that work out for ya?? :)

Carl Lazlo

RationalHog

I like that one my friend.
"Nothing is ever as good as it seems and nothing is ever as bad as it seems.  Reality lies somewhere in the middle." - Lou Holtz

NostraHogmus

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on January 18, 2008, 09:35:14 am
How did that work out for ya?? :)

Saw in the DemGazette shes filing!!  :)

3kgthog

I wouldn't say Nutt had relationships with these Arkansas kids for years. His ASSISTANTS had relationships with these Arkansas kids for years. We all know Dale still has grass growing on his recruiting trail.

bjackson

come on deanthony, you and dean could be the next d-mac and felix jones. make a name for yourself in your home state. bret smith is an example, he went to tenn. and the hogs put a whipping on him his senior year. ibet if he had to do it again he would have choose arkansas hands down

The_Bionic_Pig

After this weekend all of the Camden players are looking forward to the free trips.... let them enjoy it.  None have any plans to go elswhere.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Calling All Hogs

Nutt dreams at night of stealing away De'Anthony to Ole Miss and then he has to change the bed sheets the next
morning. His wife hits him on the head with a 2 by 4 accusing him of having those "Donna dreams". It's all much
like a scene out the old TV show Hee Haw mixed in with a more modern day version of Cops.

bjackson

can you guys vision mallet, curtis, dean and a couple great recivers next year and one full year of petrino recruiting. man this is gonna be fun if you love razorback football. oh, and do not count out youngblood or wilson they might just surprise some folks.