Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devin Thomas has become my favorite recruit!!!!

Started by snoot hoggy hog, August 01, 2007, 10:04:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

I like his attitude:

"I don't want them to give their word to me and go back on it, so I don't feel it's right to do that to them," Thomas said of closing his recruiting. "I don't really need to [visit schools ] because I made my decision where I want to go."

Landonhog

He had several good quotes in that article...   I really like his attitude as well.  This is beginning to look like a trend with several of the guys we're getting in this class. 

PigWig

August 01, 2007, 10:11:18 am #2 Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 10:17:07 am by PigWig
Thats great news. I hope we keep all our verbal commits come signing day.

SoTexHog

August 01, 2007, 10:13:30 am #3 Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 05:27:48 pm by SoTexHog
Character is worth 1 * in my book.  I'll take a solid 3* with good character over a 4* with "tude" any day of the week.  See TO for reference.
Winston Guy seems to be another young man with solid character and his head on straight.  We must be getting some kids with good parents and coaches.
That's why I would like to get D'Anton Lynn. 

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: SoTexHog on August 01, 2007, 10:13:30 am
Character is worth 1 * in my book.  I'll take a solid 3* with good character over a 4* with "tude" any day of the week.  See TO for reference.
Winston Guy seems to be another young man with solid character and his head on straight.  We must be getting some kids with good parents and coaches.
That's why I would like to get D'Aton Lynn. 

I just hope it's not all smoke and mirrors.  Everybo..well.....almost everybody will say the right thing when being interviewed.

hogsmaster

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on August 01, 2007, 10:04:24 am
I like his attitude:

“I don’t want them to give their word to me and go back on it, so I don’t feel it’s right to do that to them,” Thomas said of closing his recruiting. “I don’t really need to [visit schools ] because I made my decision where I want to go."

I noticed that also.  Speaks well of his character.

Cresthog

I think Devon Thomas is going to be a star. I am so glad we nabbed him.

COCHISE

I hear people mention Devin's grades and I realize they must be very good to have received offers from schools such as NW and Stanford but I can't find his actual GPA or ACT score anywhere, just curious as to what they are.  Anyone know??

flagstaffhog

SoTexHog has nailed it! It's always about Character.....
Go HOGS Go!

Bomis Hawg

These are the type of recruits that will do the extra things in the offseason and between games that get them better prepared, and end up putting them higher up the charts than many.

Glad to have Mr. Thomas.

snoot hoggy hog

"Everything was good just a week ago" (c) Too Short

Nate-Hawg

Geeezzz, I started reading this thread without looking at the date. I thought he changed his mind. Oh well, I sure hope we get Aundre Dean.

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: 870 RZR on August 01, 2007, 05:29:20 pm
I hear people mention Devin's grades and I realize they must be very good to have received offers from schools such as NW and Stanford but I can't find his actual GPA or ACT score anywhere, just curious as to what they are.  Anyone know??

I didn't think that was allowed to be public knowledge unless the player released it.

snoot hoggy hog

My bad....i was just removing egg from my face.

PorkSoda

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on August 01, 2007, 10:04:24 am
I like his attitude:

“I don’t want them to give their word to me and go back on it, so I don’t feel it’s right to do that to them,” Thomas said of closing his recruiting. “I don’t really need to [visit schools ] because I made my decision where I want to go."

And to think HDN probably promised the kid he would be here til 2012 then just up and resigned at the peak of his success.  What is wrong with people nowadays.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: Nate-Hawg on January 17, 2008, 05:43:34 pm
Geeezzz, I started reading this thread without looking at the date. I thought he changed his mind. Oh well, I sure hope we get Aundre Dean.

My bad....i was just removing egg from my face.

NostraHogmus

big john

john goodwin

NostraHogmus

After reading his initial comments and then he switched , not sure I want him... love what CBP is doing - read the thread about Elijah Epperson on Sports Rap this evening!!

big john

Elijah Epperson  i love this kid got lot heart an speed, he will be good .
john goodwin

jpenrod1

I have noticed that all of the other backs BP is going after are bigger backs. they are more like what BP has used in the past. If BP gets dean to sign this class i dont think Thomas will stay at RB. we shall see.

Hogtropolis™

I must have missed something.  Did Thomas re-commit to the Hogs?

HamShank

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 17, 2008, 09:29:44 pm
I must have missed something.  Did Thomas re-commit to the Hogs?

No, take a look at the date of the thread.  It was brought back to point out h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y.

rizzohoghead

devon is undoubtedly the best blind running back in the country

3kgthog

He's a straight ahead runner that made a lot of highlight runs through holes 15 yards wide. Watch the Youtube clips.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: HamShank on January 17, 2008, 10:21:31 pm
No, take a look at the date of the thread.  It was brought back to point out h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y.
Thanks.  I knew something didn't sound right.

Razorvet

cityhog

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on August 01, 2007, 10:43:53 am

I just hope it's not all smoke and mirrors.  Everybo..well.....almost everybody will say the right thing when being interviewed.

Really?  Did you ever hear Houston Nutt interviewed?

snoot hoggy hog

Quote from: cityhog on January 18, 2008, 12:39:10 pm
Really?  Did you ever hear Houston Nutt interviewed?

Yessir......my point exactly

cityhog

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on January 18, 2008, 01:41:16 pm
Yessir......my point exactly

ahhh...sorry, missed the well, almost everybody part.  my bad.

Adam Stokes

"I don't want them to give their word to me and go back on it, so I don't feel it's right to do that to them," Thomas said of closing his recruiting. "I don't really need to [visit schools ] because I made my decision where I want to go."

What a hypocrite.

northsideHog03

Quote from: ajs15razorman on January 18, 2008, 03:19:19 pm

What a hypocrite.

He's not a hypocrite.  Coach didn't visit him when he was supposed to.  That's the reason he went back on his word.

Hawgballz

Quote from: ajs15razorman on January 18, 2008, 03:19:19 pm

What a hypocrite.

He said that before we changed coaches.  Kid has every right to look around when there is a major situation change.  Get off his back, he made a decision and I hope it was the right decision for him.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Adam Stokes

"I made my decision of where I want to go"

I guess not. 

Hope he has fun with Nutters, he IS a hypocrite.  You commit to the university not the coach.  People say that on here ALL the time.  He stupid choices was the reason Petrino didn't waste his time on him.  I'm not sure whether it was because he took the official itself after he said he didn't need to, as he said in the quote above, or saying that Ole Misses facilities were way better than ours, or that if he had to rate his visit out of 100 that it was 100.  Okay you got me, if he isn't a hypocrite that he is stupid.  I don't care if he's 18 and changes his mind like 18 year old's do, heck I'm 18, he's stupid.

northsideHog03

Quote from: ajs15razorman on January 18, 2008, 03:43:56 pm
"I made my decision of where I want to go"

I guess not. 

Hope he has fun with Nutters, he IS a hypocrite.  You commit to the university not the coach.  People say that on here ALL the time.  He stupid choices was the reason Petrino didn't waste his time on him.  I'm not sure whether it was because he took the official itself after he said he didn't need to, as he said in the quote above, or saying that Ole Misses facilities were way better than ours, or that if he had to rate his visit out of 100 that it was 100.  Okay you got me, if he isn't a hypocrite that he is stupid.  I don't care if he's 18 and changes his mind like 18 year old's do, heck I'm 18, he's stupid.

Jealous much?  Not getting any D-1 offers?

Adam Stokes

LJHOG

Quote from: flagstaffhog on August 01, 2007, 06:12:25 pm
SoTexHog has nailed it! It's always about Character.....
guess i misspoke.  his backing out for whatever reason is a great dissappointment to me.