Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SDS' take on Arkansas' Top 10 in-state recruits

Started by ricepig, March 12, 2016, 09:28:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 12, 2016, 10:51:16 am
Key to the whole discussion: It's SDS' opinion. Akin to any Robert Shield's post. In other words, who gives a damn ??? :o

So, you don't have a list, is that what you're saying?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2016, 11:02:57 am
So, you don't have a list, is that what you're saying?
No, what I'm saying is that it's an OPINION piece. Nothing more. BTW my own list I rate the same-my
thoughts only; and yes, no one else should give a damn either.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

31to6

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2016, 09:28:46 am
Agree, or disagree??

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/top-10-prospects-state-of-arkansas-2017/
Like always, there are some good, maybe even great, players in the state that are exactly what Beilema says they are: under-rated and under-recruited.

But even if some of those on the list pop, it is noticeably thin this year.

The staff is going to have to work harder out of state this year.

scruf

ricepig

Quote from: scruf on March 12, 2016, 12:13:09 pm
That list is a mess.

No doubt, but they copied it from somewhere, lol, they don't actually do any work.

Seebs

March 12, 2016, 01:03:35 pm #8 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:43:17 pm by Seebs
A writer that looks this much like Christopher  Walken should be better at what he does,

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

scruf

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2016, 12:25:51 pm
No doubt, but they copied it from somewhere, lol, they don't actually do any work.

Yeah, same song different verse.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 12, 2016, 11:08:45 am
No, what I'm saying is that it's an OPINION piece. Nothing more. BTW my own list I rate the same-my
thoughts only; and yes, no one else should give a damn either.

While I agree the list is crap, at least it gives something to talk about. You seem so against opinion yet you spend so much time on a message board which is made up almost entirely of .....opinion. 

scruf

My current Top 10 (this will change before fall based on testing and camp performance  - and then again throughout the 2016 season)

1. Montaric Brown, S (Ashdown)
2. Koilan Jackson, ATH (Robinson)
3. Jarrod Barnes, CB (Cabot)
4. Taylor Powell, QB (Fayetteville)
5. Pierre Strong, RB (LR McClellan)
6. Akial Byers, DT (Fayetteville)
8. Darius Hopkins, ATH (Lafayette County)
9. Michael Williams, S (Watson Chapel)
9. Monta Thomas, CB (Hermitage)
10. Marvin Moody, OLB (Bryant)

First player out: Kirby Adcock, OT (Nashville)

It's really hard to compare players when all the available film is of them playing out of position. Here's a few quick examples:

El Dorado's Lake Tucker, a 6'4", 260 pound DL, will ideally play DT in a 4-3 scheme in college, just like Akial Byers. Big difference here is that Akial is already in that scheme and Tucker plays DE. Tucker is every bit as explosive albeit not quite as heavy and he doesn't play against quite the same level of competition (6A). This is why camps are so important.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Tucker is as good or better than Byers, I'm saying I don't know based on available data. Need more input.

Lake Tucker (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3767655/highlights/319463481)

Another example is Pea Ridge's Britton Caudill, a 6'2", 200 pound safety who is dominating a lower classification. He has the speed and size (think frame not current weight) to move down into the box at OLB in college and really affect the screen game aspect of passing spread offenses. He might even grow in an MLB. Again, he's another player that I think is a 3* talent, i.e. can have impact for a P5 team, but he needs to camp at OLB.

Britton Caudill (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4484831/highlights/308640419)

Overall the 2017 in-state class is really lopsided. For example, there are at least 10 defensive back prospects that have the talent to play P5 football and maybe only one tight end. Nature of the beast.

Just my 2 cents. WPS!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 12, 2016, 04:58:44 pm
While I agree the list is crap, at least it gives something to talk about. You seem so against opinion yet you spend so much time on a message board which is made up almost entirely of .....opinion.
Sorry, we've discussed this before and you're wrong again. The OP asked for our thoughts/opinions and I offered him mine. Notice too that I admitted that my opinion is no better than SDS' or anyone else's; besides, the only thoughts that I referenced was that of SDS. You really DO need to get off the fixation of claiming that I'm constantly attacking folks. Makes you sound very paranoid.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 12, 2016, 10:51:16 am
Key to the whole discussion: It's SDS' opinion. Akin to any Robert Shield's post. In other words, who gives a damn ??? :o
Why is anyones opinion but yours not worth a Damn?   Just curious?

red_beard_82

Who is the third player on their list? Terrance Rock 3 star RB

Birminghog

Quote from: Seebs on March 12, 2016, 01:03:35 pm
A writer that looks this much like Christopher  Walken should be better at what he does,

He puts his pants on just like everybody else.

thebignasty

Quote from: red_beard_82 on March 13, 2016, 11:45:37 pm
Who is the third player on their list? Terrance Rock 3 star RB

Played WR at Fayetteville last year because they had better rbs.  He'd have to really blow up to be a high major d1 kind of guy.

HogNDas

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 12, 2016, 04:58:44 pm
Dude's got issues....criticizing folks for posting their opinion on an opinion board...

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on March 14, 2016, 09:14:39 am
Dude's got issues....criticizing folks for posting their opinion on an opinion board...
Are you referring to me? If so, I'll repeat ONE MORE TIME; I'm NOT criticizing anyone for their opinion. My original comments were aimed totally at the first post wherein the author asked our thoughts on the SDS rankings. I expressed my thoughts and also added that mine were likely just as much crap (to some) as the SDS ratings and most posts of Robert Shields, and if you can't agree with the latter then you REALLY have problems. I have absolutely no illusions that my comments and opinions mean anything of particular significance to anyone else.