Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richard Davenport-Big guys intrigued by jumbo line

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, March 06, 2016, 06:36:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Coach Anderson putting in the work.

Aaron Banks, 6-7, 335, El Cerrito, CA
Banks said the publicity Arkansas has received the past two years for having the largest offensive line in college or professional football has caught his attention.

"It really does," said Banks, who plans to talk to Anderson about setting up a possible visit to Fayetteville. "He's playing with big guys and it's a great feeling."

ESPN rates him the No. 25 offensive tackle and the nation's No. 211 overall prospect.

Tank Jenkins, 6-4, 330, Montgomery, AL
Jenkins, who plays for Montgomery, (Ala.) Park Crossing, received a scholarship offer from Arkansas offensive line coach Kurt Anderson on Monday.

He has approximately 14 other offers from schools like Auburn, LSU, Florida State, Florida.

He said he has taken note of the fact that Arkansas has the largest offensive line in all of football the last two years. "I always wanted an offer from Arkansas since like the ninth grade," Jenkins said. "I always watched them on Youtube and stuff. They've always been big. Those some big ole dudes."

More inside:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/mar/06/big-guys-intrigued-by-jumbo-line-201603/
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

Have you ever heard a commercial so many times that you said, enough already.  Yet, you could whistle the jingle in your sleep.  Well, that's apparently what has happened here.  The biggest offensive line in all of football was used countless times by every announcer of our games the past few years and now it's stuck in the heads of all those high school road graders out there we hope to target.  It just shows the power of marketing and Bielema is a master marketer.  Kurt Anderson has taken that slogan and is now taking it to a new level.  He's great to follow on twitter and he has the attention of some massive offensive line prospects.  It's fun watching this come together.

I'll be hearing "the largest offensive line in all of football" next year and smile this time, knowing some young offensive studs are thinking, I want to be part of that!

p.s.  If you haven't seen the video clip Anderson sent out on his twitter with the Wild Hogs attacking an Alligator and protecting each other, find it.  It's great!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: The NewEra on March 06, 2016, 08:46:22 am
Have you ever heard a commercial so many times that you said, enough already.  Yet, you could whistle the jingle in your sleep.  Well, that's apparently what has happened here.  The biggest offensive line in all of football was used countless times by every announcer of our games the past few years and now it's stuck in the heads of all those high school road graders out there we hope to target.  It just shows the power of marketing and Bielema is a master marketer.  Kurt Anderson has taken that slogan and is now taking it to a new level.  He's great to follow on twitter and he has the attention of some massive offensive line prospects.  It's fun watching this come together.

I'll be hearing "the largest offensive line in all of football" next year and smile this time, knowing some young offensive studs are thinking, I want to be part of that!

p.s.  If you haven't seen the video clip Anderson sent out on his twitter with the Wild Hogs attacking an Alligator and protecting each other, find it.  It's great!!

And you know, this throws down the gauntlet to quality HS O-Linemen who may not be quite as big, but are every bit as good, to think, "wait, I can play with those guys even though I don't weigh 320-330 lbs, give me a shot". Point being, it drives more O-Line talent in our direction.
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 06, 2016, 09:16:05 am
And you know, this throws down the gauntlet to quality HS O-Linemen who may not be quite as big, but are every bit as good, to think, "wait, I can play with those guys even though I don't weigh 320-330 lbs, give me a shot". Point being, it drives more O-Line talent in our direction.

Agreed.....and then there is the carry over effect.  Great running backs want to have nice holes to run through.  Quarterbacks want protection to get their play off.  Tight Ends who are strong, physical and like to impose themselves on a defense see a spot for them.  It all moves in a positive direction for the Hogs recruiting.

Another thing I noticed that's really smart.  Anderson tweeted his goal to have the best offensive line of all time.  Listening to the kids Richard Davenport has had on his radio show talking about wanting to be a part of that has allowed Anderson to plant a vision and goal in the mind of these young kids.  Everyone needs a goal and a vision and Anderson is laying his out there for all his recruits and current players to embrace.  Everyone moving in the same direction becomes a force to recon with. 

jjdlc

Yes, that and the fact that Anderson seems to be a very active recruiter, we should start to see it pay dividends in recruiting this year.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jjdlc on March 06, 2016, 10:11:20 am
Yes, that and the fact that Anderson seems to be a very active recruiter, we should start to see it pay dividends in recruiting this year.
Dude is actually an upgrade. It's unbelievable.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Birminghog

Quote from: The NewEra on March 06, 2016, 08:46:22 am

Link for those of us who don't Twit?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 06, 2016, 10:59:12 am
Dude is actually an upgrade. It's unbelievable.

In all honesty, we don't know that yet. I am sure he is very qualified and experienced enough to be here. What we do know is that he seems to be more active in reaching out to recruits (based on what we have observed) and very enthusiastic. From a technical standpoint as it relates to coaching the O-Line and making adjustments, we will wait and see.
Go Hogs Go!

The NewEra

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">the FEW that are CHOSEN to play OLINE at ARKANSAS, we will be FAMILY FOR LIFE!!! <a href="https://t.co/tuMw4mJuMV">pic.twitter.com/tuMw4mJuMV</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Anderson (@OLINEPRIDE) <a href="https://twitter.com/OLINEPRIDE/status/705545813884153856">March 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

Wildhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 06, 2016, 12:14:32 pm
In all honesty, we don't know that yet. I am sure he is very qualified and experienced enough to be here. What we do know is that he seems to be more active in reaching out to recruits (based on what we have observed) and very enthusiastic. From a technical standpoint as it relates to coaching the O-Line and making adjustments, we will wait and see.

Agreed.  I'm more than open to the idea that KA is an upgrade, but I've got to see it on NSD and on the field before calling it.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on March 06, 2016, 12:40:01 pm
Agreed.  I'm more than open to the idea that KA is an upgrade, but I've got to see it on NSD and on the field before calling it.

You know, you always read where the recruits loved Pittman, but never saw any evidence to his style/efforts. Anderson is definitely on social media, we'll see if his tech savvy has any results, and of course their actual play.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on March 06, 2016, 12:58:15 pm
You know, you always read where the recruits loved Pittman, but never saw any evidence to his style/efforts. Anderson is definitely on social media, we'll see if his tech savvy has any results, and of course their actual play.

Yeah, he's a fun Twitter follow.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jgphillips3

Everything in football begins with the offensive line.  If we have to be known for one thing, I'm thrilled that it is offensive line.  Heck, what QB in his right mind wouldn't want to have that wall of massive humanity in front of them.  Keeps the jersey clean.  RB's get lost behind them too and don't get popped as frequently at the line and they have to like that.

Bubba's Bruisers

We need about a half dozen of these monsters in this class.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Hoggish1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 06, 2016, 06:36:59 am
Coach Anderson putting in the work.

Aaron Banks, 6-7, 335, El Cerrito, CA
Banks said the publicity Arkansas has received the past two years for having the largest offensive line in college or professional football has caught his attention.

"It really does," said Banks, who plans to talk to Anderson about setting up a possible visit to Fayetteville. "He's playing with big guys and it's a great feeling."

ESPN rates him the No. 25 offensive tackle and the nation's No. 211 overall prospect.

Tank Jenkins, 6-4, 330, Montgomery, AL
Jenkins, who plays for Montgomery, (Ala.) Park Crossing, received a scholarship offer from Arkansas offensive line coach Kurt Anderson on Monday.

He has approximately 14 other offers from schools like Auburn, LSU, Florida State, Florida.

He said he has taken note of the fact that Arkansas has the largest offensive line in all of football the last two years. "I always wanted an offer from Arkansas since like the ninth grade," Jenkins said. "I always watched them on Youtube and stuff. They've always been big. Those some big ole dudes."

More inside:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/mar/06/big-guys-intrigued-by-jumbo-line-201603/

Can they run, can they pull, can they block down field are they nimble, blithe and bonny...?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 06, 2016, 01:25:52 pm
Everything in football begins with the offensive line.  If we have to be known for one thing, I'm thrilled that it is offensive line.  Heck, what QB in his right mind wouldn't want to have that wall of massive humanity in front of them.  Keeps the jersey clean.  RB's get lost behind them too and don't get popped as frequently at the line and they have to like that.

It should pay dividends and then if we can continue to have 2 RB's run for 900+ yards per season, we shouldn't have a problem getting our share of really good RB's as well.
Go Hogs Go!

Pork Twain

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 06, 2016, 12:14:32 pm
We know he is a good OL coach and now we know that he is making waves with the recruits.  That is all good...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LRHawg

Seeing his personality in action and the reactions of the recruits is very encouraging. Looking forward to next season and seeing the line in action.