Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richard Davenport: Fayetteville's Byers visiting Hogs on Saturday

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, March 05, 2016, 06:28:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: whippersnapper on March 11, 2016, 12:59:14 pm
I know my student doesn't know his, I can't recall seeing it printed on reports either.

It's listed on every transcript.  It's listed on the HAC when you sign in to check grades.   

ricepig

Quote from: whippersnapper on March 11, 2016, 12:59:14 pm
I know my student doesn't know his, I can't recall seeing it printed on reports either.

It wasn't on last semester's grades report? Not talking about yours, but surely a Sr, or really, anyone past the 5th grade, should be able to figure out their GPA. You know, A=4, B=3, etc....

Richard Davenport

JayBell

So many attempts or proposals of rationalizations that I just can't wrap my head around.  He's trying to get into college.  I just can't believe that between himself and his teachers and the school and the counselors and the football coaches and the athletic director and the college coaches and his parents and college materials that he has absolutely no idea what his GPA is and/or that he has absolutely no idea why Arkansas still hasn't offered.

Pretty much 0% of that makes sense.

ricepig

JayBell

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 11, 2016, 01:03:40 pmSometimes it's best not to do an interview with a kid.

You did your job and you always do it well.  Hogville would be all over this situation with or without your interview.  I don't think one weird answer and the subsequent discussion invalidates the work.

ricepig

Quote from: JayBell on March 11, 2016, 01:11:02 pm
You did your job and you always do it well.  Hogville would be all over this situation with or without your interview.  I don't think one weird answer and the subsequent discussion invalidates the work.

I think he is referring to another interview.

whippersnapper

Quote from: ricepig on March 11, 2016, 01:03:20 pm
It wasn't on last semester's grades report? Not talking about yours, but surely a Sr, or really, anyone past the 5th grade, should be able to figure out their GPA. You know, A=4, B=3, etc....
I am not saying it isn't on there anywhere. I just have slept since the last grade report. Haha
But my students advisor did at least go over how to do the math of it.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 11, 2016, 01:03:40 pm
Sometimes it's best not to do an interview with a kid.
Of all the MANY, MANY words of wisdom you've printed and spoken over the years, this may be the most insightful yet!!

JayBell

Quote from: ricepig on March 11, 2016, 01:16:57 pmI think he is referring to another interview.

Damn.  Fail on my part.  I guess I realized it when I first read it then forgot, but ever since then I've been thinking this came from his own interview.

Props to RD yet again.

Porked Tongue

When an athlete is in special classes because of prior grades, I think the GPA is obvious to the student and coaches.  These classes are more recovery and to get them to the point of AAA elgibility.

From the point kids go into these type classes, their GPA for each individual semester is a huge deal if they wish to continue playing.