Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jarrod Barnes commits to Arkansas

Started by Trey1981, February 18, 2016, 07:20:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trey1981

February 18, 2016, 07:20:48 pm Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:56:47 pm by Richard Davenport
WPS!  Jarrod Barnes just committed on Recruiting Thursday.  Congrats to him!  :razorback: :razorback:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/feb/18/cabots-barnes-announces-commitment-recruiting-thur/

Big Daddy

Impressive hudl. Good looking athlete.

Mike_e

The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jgphillips3

MissippHog

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Piggfoot

At 4.8 where is he projected to play?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to "The Hill" Mr. Barnes.

" GO HOGS "

Oklahawg

Quote from: Piggfoot on February 18, 2016, 09:32:22 pm

Watch the videos. Kid is running away from every defender. The bottom video has #7 on defense 2-3 yards downfield but on an angle and Barnes runs by him like #7 is standing still.

Great wheels, great pickup.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hvsupastar

He will he a steal when it's all said and done.  Just a really good football player
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

BigSexyHog

Don't know anything about the kid but looks like a good kid.   Welcome to the hogs!
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

20hog11

Not sure where the 4.8 is coming from, but RD said that he runs a 4.52.

Edit: I see the 4.8 in the HUDL link. Wonder if that's old info:

secneahog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 18, 2016, 08:37:05 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/feb/18/barnes-calls-hogs/

Thanks RD, congrats on the surprise commit on your show.
You see him like a tj Hammonds kind of kid on offense. Or a Ryan Pulley kind of kid on defense?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: Piggfoot on February 18, 2016, 09:32:22 pm

He's not a 4.8 in the HUDL video. That is for sure.

BentonvilleJeff

SamBuckhart

Welcome Mr. Barnes. Wooo Pig!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Peter Porker

Quote from: 20hog11 on February 18, 2016, 10:41:10 pm
Not sure where the 4.8 is coming from, but RD said that he runs a 4.52.

Edit: I see the 4.8 in the HUDL link. Wonder if that's old info:

The 4.8 was ran last year at a Nike camp. The 4.5 RD mentions is handheld.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

The_Boot_stops_here

Glad to have Barnes. Congrats to the young man. Would love to add Byers in the near future

gmarv

Hollywood_HOGan45

3kgthog

I'd say that 4.8 isn't translating to the field. He's faster than that in pads. You'd be able to instantly tell on tape if he were a legit 4.8 guy.

IronMountainHog

Love the enthusiasm of an Arkansas kid who commits early and is all in. He is the anti KJ Hill type who is all drama and me, me, me. Welcome aboard.

ricepig

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 19, 2016, 04:45:57 am
The 4.8 was ran last year at a Nike camp. The 4.5 RD mentions is handheld.

So, it sounds like he got faster last year, he's most definitely fast enough for SEC play, I'm more concerned on his size.

Razorpigg

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2016, 09:18:06 am
So, it sounds like he got faster last year, he's most definitely fast enough for SEC play, I'm more concerned on his size.

Same size as Kristian Fulton. For any of the positions he would play he will be plenty big enough, whether it be the slot or CB.

Polecat

Cabot is a really good Ark HS football program. I wonder who was the last scholarship Razorback to come from there?
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

ricepig

hogballer05

First hog offer to a Cabot football player since 1981

Razorpigg

DeltaBoy

Good looking young man.  He knows how to tote the rock.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorpigg on February 19, 2016, 11:12:23 am
1" and depending on which site you choose to listen to no more than 10 pounds.  I believe he will be ok.

Truthfully, if Fulton was playing at 177lbs, I'd be worried too. I'd be happier with him here, but I'd still be concerned against bigger WR's.

hogfan1003

Quote from: Polecat on February 19, 2016, 10:01:19 am
Cabot is a really good Ark HS football program. I wonder who was the last scholarship Razorback to come from there?

Ray Strazinski, OL from 1989

swineman

Quote from: Polecat on February 19, 2016, 10:01:19 am
1990 Ray Straschinske - OL

Panthog

According to Jarrod's twitter he will be playing the slot receiver and will also be tried as a kickoff and punt returner. Many compare him to Joe Adams and that is probably an accurate comparison even though Jarrod plays QB in high school. Great athlete. I have seen him in Cabot's basketball games and he can jump out of the gym.

bennyl08

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 18, 2016, 09:59:35 pm
Watch the videos. Kid is running away from every defender. The bottom video has #7 on defense 2-3 yards downfield but on an angle and Barnes runs by him like #7 is standing still.

Great wheels, great pickup.

Don't watch the other players, watch the field. For all you know, that defender runs a 7 second forty. However, the lines on the field are the same for the NFL as they are in Possum Belly Kentucky. How fast one player is to another player all depends on both player's speed. How fast one player is to the field is directly comparable.

Watching the hudl video, I would not say that he looks substantially faster than 4.8.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

razorbackkid

2016 or 17 commit.......limited viewing potential here..sorry.....
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: razorbackkid on February 19, 2016, 07:04:14 pm
2016 or 17 commit.......limited viewing potential here..sorry.....

2017. :razorback:

razorbackkid

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on February 19, 2016, 07:04:45 pm
2017. :razorback:

Thank you!  Welcome aboard the Hog Train Mr. Barnes!  :razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Peter Porker

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 19, 2016, 01:41:22 pm
Don't watch the other players, watch the field. For all you know, that defender runs a 7 second forty. However, the lines on the field are the same for the NFL as they are in Possum Belly Kentucky. How fast one player is to another player all depends on both player's speed. How fast one player is to the field is directly comparable.

Watching the hudl video, I would not say that he looks substantially faster than 4.8.

This. I covered this in the Cecil Langston thread.

A couple of things about Jarrod... he can get full speed real quick...he has very good athleticism....he is like Houdini, you can be a yard away and yet not even touch him... he will not wow you on a track or running a timed 40.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

LAHOG1962

Compare Barnes's flying 40 time in pads from the long run against NLR against Alex Collins's flying 40 against LSU and tell me who is faster. Barnes can run very fast.

RaisinHog

Congrats !! I've been on a 10 day bant !! " got a lil caught up in jump ball the night of the Mississippi state game :( " and I come back not even a full page on the guy committed to us .. 97 pages about who we haven't offered go figure lol

hobhog

WooPig90

tophawg19

he just did . Arkansas state champs . He shut down monk . Wonder if he redshirts , does he try basketball for the hogs ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Peter Porker

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 13, 2016, 06:42:21 pm
he just did . Arkansas state champs . He shut down monk . Wonder if he redshirts , does he try basketball for the hogs ?

He will have to redshirt. He needs a year in the weight room.

Dropkick

He is gonna be a favorite of mine after making monk his biotch.