Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4* OT Kevin Jarvis names Hogs leader

Started by CallThoseHawgs, February 11, 2016, 07:29:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on April 03, 2016, 04:30:48 pm
No doubt!...But trust me, Bama is going after 4 & 5*'s...and trusting the critics are correct in their evaluations....which, by the way, sure seem to be!!!!  You can argue all you want, but we AIN'T winning no NC's if we don't have top 10 classes...ain't gonna happen!

Never say never, you've got to BELIEVE it can happen with a top 20 class, just BELIEVE!!!

factchecker

Quote from: HogNDas on April 03, 2016, 04:31:28 pm
Oh DeJon said it...okay, "it shall be"...what!!!

Better than freaking HogNDas saying "offer early offer early huh huh huh  :puke:"

I'll trust a recruit whose been through the process or a coach who makes millions vs. a keyboard warrior.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogNDas

Quote from: factchecker on April 03, 2016, 04:32:39 pm
Bama isn't trusting any critic.  The critics are trusting Bama.  I've seen a 3 star recruit bump up instantly to a 5 star the MINUTE Bama offered.  I've also seen a 4 star drop to a 3 star the MINUTE Bama revoked the offer.  Who's leading who here?
bahahahahaha.....LMAO!!! 

HogNDas

Quote from: factchecker on April 03, 2016, 04:33:49 pm
Better than freaking HogNDas saying "offer early offer early huh huh huh  :puke:"

I'll trust a recruit whose been through the process or a coach who makes millions vs. a keyboard warrior.
DeJon says that, but out of the THOUSANDS of recruits, he is the ONLY one I have heard say that.... Come on man, you gotta be kidding!...THIS is why early offers should not be made?????

factchecker

Quote from: HogNDas on April 03, 2016, 04:33:59 pm
bahahahahaha.....LMAO!!! 

If you think Nick Saban cares about recruiting services then you are lost.

The "Bama Bump" exist.  Recruits get bumped up plenty of times post Bama offer or commitment to Bama.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Don't take my word for it... take Nick Saban's:

QuoteEven Nick Saban thinks there could be a "Bama bump" in recruiting rankings.

"Sometimes I don't know what comes first in recruiting rankings, the cart or the horse," Saban told reporters in December. "When a guy gets recruited by what I'm going to call high profile programs, he gets ranked higher. That's where I question the validity of how accurate some of those things may be."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/does_a_bama_bump_exist_in_recr.html
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogNDas

Quote from: factchecker on April 03, 2016, 04:37:34 pm

If you think Nick Saban cares about recruiting services then you are lost.

The "Bama Bump" exist.  Recruits get bumped up plenty of times post Bama offer or commitment to Bama.
if you think he doesn't, you're NUTS!   impasse...

HogNDas

Quote from: factchecker on April 03, 2016, 04:39:08 pm

so you think Bama doesn't get 4 & 5*'s....?  That they are ONLY given such designations cause Bama likes them?....  it may occur to a very limited, minuscule extent, but Bama goes after the BEST!!!!

factchecker

Quote from: HogNDas on April 03, 2016, 04:42:15 pm
so you think Bama doesn't get 4 & 5*'s....?  That they are ONLY given such designations cause Bama likes them?....  it may occur to a very limited, minuscule estent, but Bama goes after the BEST!!!!

Saban doesn't recruit based on what recruiting services say.  Saban has his own team of recruiting gurus.  He gets the best.  He doesn't care if they are 5 star or 3 star.  Most of the time both Saban and the services are right about the recruit.  Sometimes Saban is ahead of the crowd and that is where you see a Bama bump. 

Saban is smarter and a better talent evaluator than ANY recruiting service.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogNDas

Quote from: factchecker on April 03, 2016, 04:39:08 pm

a quote from your article
AL.com asked national recruiting experts at the four major recruiting services -- ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports -- about whether a "Bama bump" existed. Two of the four said it did.
may exist, but the extent to which it exists is negligible, IMO.   I am VERY confident, Bama goes after the HIGHEST rated recruits...
EVERY service does it though....if a 2* player is offered by ANY SEC team, they AUTOMATICALLY become a 3*....and that is a fact!!!

factchecker

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/02/live_updates_nick_saban_review_2.html

QuoteThough Saban has learned something about talent evaluation at each of the 13 stops in his coaching career, much of his gift for recognizing good players is innate. "He's like someone who can identify a thoroughbred racing horse at a young age," says Glen Mason, Saban's fellow assistant coach at Ohio State in the early 1980s. "He can just look at a high school player and say, 'That guy is a winner.' "

Curt Cignetti, Saban's recruiting coordinator with the Crimson Tide from 2007 to '10, says that Saban's ability to evaluate talent was particularly sharp when and if he could actually see a recruit play in person. "If we could evaluate a guy in a camp, we were right about 90% of the time," Cignetti says.

Saban has rarely paid much attention to the player rankings produced by recruiting services. Instead, he has trusted his own eyes. While at LSU, he found an undersized player named Jacob Hester—rated as a two-star prospect by most agencies—who became a college star. At Alabama, he went hard after a linebacker named Dont'a Hightower, who was only lightly recruited by most other schools. Hightower became an All-America for the Crimson Tide and is now entering his fourth season with the New England Patriots.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: HogNDas on April 03, 2016, 04:52:59 pm
AL.com asked national recruiting experts at the four major recruiting services -- ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247Sports -- about whether a "Bama bump" existed. Two of the four said it did.
may exist, but the extent to which it exists is negligible, IMO.   I am VERY confident, Bama goes after the HIGHEST rated recruits...
EVERY service does it though....if a 2* player is offered by ANY SEC team, they AUTOMATICALLY become a 3*....and that is a fact!!!

From the same article:

QuoteTom Luginbill, the national recruiting director for ESPN, believes in the "Bama bump." But he thinks it's predicated more on recruiting networks trying to appease subscribers than a nod to Nick Saban's track record.

"Keep in mind that a lot of these recruiting websites and resources are reliant upon revenue of a fan signing up for a team site," Luginbill says. "When that's the case and you have to drive up (subscription) sales, what do you think those sites are going to do? They are going to start pumping and priming players that are committed to their school or considering their school and place them above other players because they are trying to drive subscription sales.

"Anyone who says that isn't true is full of baloney."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: HogNDas on April 03, 2016, 04:52:59 pm

Wait.... your telling me that two of the four ADMITTED to giving a Bama bump.... but only negligible though. 

Did you think the recruiting services who are paid $$$ to evaluate recruits were gonna admit to being lazy????

Did you think that recruiting services were gonna say "Yeah a Bama bump exist.  Don't subscribe to our site b/c we are lazy and really don't understand what it takes to play football at the next level.  We just trust Saban."
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogNDas

Quote from: factchecker on April 03, 2016, 04:49:49 pm
Saban doesn't recruit based on what recruiting services say.  Saban has his own team of recruiting gurus.  He gets the best.  He doesn't care if they are 5 star or 3 star.  Most of the time both Saban and the services are right about the recruit.  Sometimes Saban is ahead of the crowd and that is where you see a Bama bump. 

Saban is smarter and a better talent evaluator than ANY recruiting service.
I disagree...Satan takes the BEST players which are the 4&5*'s.....that is why his classes are No. 1 every year and why they win NC's....

HogNDas

Quote from: factchecker on April 03, 2016, 05:01:23 pm
Wait.... your telling me that two of the four ADMITTED to giving a Bama bump.... but only negligible though. 

Did you think the recruiting services who are paid $$$ to evaluate recruits were gonna admit to being lazy????

Did you think that recruiting services were gonna say "Yeah a Bama bump exist.  Don't subscribe to our site b/c we are lazy and really don't understand what it takes to play football at the next level.  We just trust Saban."

it's called a SEC BUMP!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on April 03, 2016, 05:16:53 pm
Oh really? You mean if say UK or Vandy offer a 2* then that automatically causes an instant jump of a star? Humm..............glad to see they're so well regarded by all the services that they have such instant "star power". I suppose using that reasoning then if the Hogs offer that should be worth a least a two star bump. Yeah, sure......what a clueless statement of "fact".

ricepig

it's called a SEC BUMP!

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/183270?_device=tablet

factchecker

Vanderbilt (a SEC team) had a couple 2 star commits who were not bumped to a 3 star..... so no NOT a fact!!!

http://vanderbilt.247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/Commits

Also, I've actually seen players lose stars when they commit to us.  Bielema has help stop that trend recently (especially with linemen) but it has happened in the past.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogNDas

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 03, 2016, 05:21:54 pm
Oh really? You mean if say UK or Vandy offer a 2* then that automatically causes an instant jump of a star? Humm..............glad to see they're so well regarded by all the services that they have such instant "star power". I suppose using that reasoning then if the Hogs offer that should be worth a least a two star bump. Yeah, sure......what a clueless statement of "fact".
You must ONLY follow one team...YES, it is true...if KY offers a 2*, he becomes a 3*...ck it out...

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on April 03, 2016, 05:27:42 pm
You must ONLY follow one team...YES, it is true...if KY offers a 2*, he becomes a 3*...ck it out...

You do know that is the team they signed in Feb? Also, what about our 2* signee?

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on April 03, 2016, 05:34:03 pm
You do know that is the team they signed in Feb? Also, what about our 2* signee?
all i can say is, if we got them as a 2*, they must not have had any stars prior....

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HogNDas on April 03, 2016, 05:27:42 pm
Please offer proof that it happens EVERY SINGLE time any and every SEC team, including KY does so? I mean since your original EMPHATIC statement left absolutely no doubt that any and every offer automatically raises the rating(s). By the way, just because AN (ONE) offer by the Wildcats might cause another star to be posted by a service for one particular recruit nothing...then again, we haven't even addressed the Vandy situation. And yes, the last time I looked they are still an SEC member. Therefore, not surprisingly, your numb nutt claim that every SEC team that makes an offer is worth at least another star is totally, but not surprisingly, bogus. Oh, one more thing: using your Einsteinian level of "logic" if at least a couple of SEC teams offer an otherwise 5* kid he should be.........a SIX or SEVEN star kid. Gee, wasn't even aware such an animal exists; then again, it is your "reasoning" at work here.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: songofthesword on April 03, 2016, 07:28:39 am
Irl I own a website development company. For years  I cherry picked my clients, at the first  sign of ttoyble, I  out I don't care  how much I ey I'm leaving on the table because I  cost g myself money in the long run , if u give you 10 references and show a clear understanding of the project and you have a problem  paying 500 dollars on a 4000 dollar job once you approved the design vye. If I have to chase you down for feedback  bye. If you can't clearly layout exactly  what you want in full detail, i, e if you n haven't put serious thought in your project, I cm build what you  want, if you don't  even know what you want   bye

Pretty  much doubled  revenue from 2012 to 2014, then last 5ear it tripled..because not only did I have good clients, those good clients  kept coming back

Around August  last year4, after ludtdning to my project manager i get the brightest  udea.. start  shot gunning  ids to companies then spend time with the ones who respond. In in 3 week I had made more money  then I gad made from March -July 

I lost my first job in almost 3 years about 2 weeks later . Then another, then I had a client that had a habit of calling at 2 am to go over his site

I had a client that I literally just got rid of last week lol, he'd check the work, find something he didn't like mind ask him is this all the changes you want  ? HEd say yesm wedding ut, he'd find something  ejse, which took a week cause he had a demanding job. The darn went on for almost 6 monts. Had I been paying attention  to the project  and not the sticker  I would have followed obe of my iron clad rules I don't deal with middleman  if I can't talk to the person who is writing my check  ill pass .

On top of that    to get all the work done k gs to hurry and hire people and nor vet them like I usually do.

To make a long story short 0 in 3 weeks  I sild.....11 projects and  we finished nd got paid for......4 of them. One had us start m went o  vacation and b0 never responded againm one was the guy above m one guym a pastor no less stole his dite off our server, then filed a charge back and when the credit card company  asked him why is the site you are filing a charge back  for up and running lol he hacked his own [CENSORED] site lol said I did it and I had to pay 2500 dollars..for a site we finished to spec to the letter, one stole my programmer and left lol  0 00one guy said he had funding secured and didn't et

Oh and a guy I fired hacked  my paypal account and sent himself 15k lol. He was a rush hir3

Between expenses and be venue lost  im probably  lost.60k ftom August til last week not including the 15k which though it took a month o got back. Now instead of talking to my cherry picked 2-3 sure thing clients a say, now I'm filing disputes and stuff cleaning up the mess  the left behind 

Lesson learned.
WTH ? Thanks for your thoughts on Jarvis.
I love off season Football!!

SemperFi

So, what's the latest on Kevin Jarvis? Is he still in play?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Dominicanhog

Quote from: SemperFi on April 03, 2016, 07:55:54 pm
So, what's the latest on Kevin Jarvis? Is he still in play?

don't you know this is a thread about bumps, get with the program... geesh!

King Kong

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: songofthesword on April 03, 2016, 07:28:39 am
Irl I own a website development company. For years  I cherry picked my clients, at the first  sign of ttoyble, I  out I don't care  how much I ey I'm leaving on the table because I  cost g myself money in the long run , if u give you 10 references and show a clear understanding of the project and you have a problem  paying 500 dollars on a 4000 dollar job once you approved the design vye. If I have to chase you down for feedback  bye. If you can't clearly layout exactly  what you want in full detail, i, e if you n haven't put serious thought in your project, I cm build what you  want, if you don't  even know what you want   bye

Pretty  much doubled  revenue from 2012 to 2014, then last 5ear it tripled..because not only did I have good clients, those good clients  kept coming back

Around August  last year4, after ludtdning to my project manager i get the brightest  udea.. start  shot gunning  ids to companies then spend time with the ones who respond. In in 3 week I had made more money  then I gad made from March -July 

I lost my first job in almost 3 years about 2 weeks later . Then another, then I had a client that had a habit of calling at 2 am to go over his site

I had a client that I literally just got rid of last week lol, he'd check the work, find something he didn't like mind ask him is this all the changes you want  ? HEd say yesm wedding ut, he'd find something  ejse, which took a week cause he had a demanding job. The darn went on for almost 6 monts. Had I been paying attention  to the project  and not the sticker  I would have followed obe of my iron clad rules I don't deal with middleman  if I can't talk to the person who is writing my check  ill pass .

On top of that    to get all the work done k gs to hurry and hire people and nor vet them like I usually do.

To make a long story short 0 in 3 weeks  I sild.....11 projects and  we finished nd got paid for......4 of them. One had us start m went o  vacation and b0 never responded againm one was the guy above m one guym a pastor no less stole his dite off our server, then filed a charge back and when the credit card company  asked him why is the site you are filing a charge back  for up and running lol he hacked his own [CENSORED] site lol said I did it and I had to pay 2500 dollars..for a site we finished to spec to the letter, one stole my programmer and left lol  0 00one guy said he had funding secured and didn't et

Oh and a guy I fired hacked  my paypal account and sent himself 15k lol. He was a rush hir3

Between expenses and be venue lost  im probably  lost.60k ftom August til last week not including the 15k which though it took a month o got back. Now instead of talking to my cherry picked 2-3 sure thing clients a say, now I'm filing disputes and stuff cleaning up the mess  the left behind 

Lesson learned.

Lorem ipsum, bro.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.