Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Recruiting and Beyond

Started by ucahogfan, July 01, 2013, 05:25:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

In other recruiting news, Storm Rynard was going to be a 2014 grad, but graduated early and will attend a JUCO instead of Arkansas.  Don't know why he would do that unless he never had any intentions of coming to school or didn't have all of the eligible classes.

PBR-Missouri ‏@PBRMissouri  15 Jul 
Missouri standout 2014 RHP Storm Rynard takes road less traveled, graduates early to attend Cowley Junior College

ucahogfan

luke bonfield ‏@LukeBonfield  2h 
I will be on campus for my official visit to @Arkansas_Logo the weekend of the 28th to see Arkansas beat Texas A&M #WPS

luke bonfield ‏@LukeBonfield  2h 
My other four officials will be to North Carolina State, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State and Oklahoma State.

Fully expect him to re-commit to the Hogs as he will be blown away with the facilities and Vitello is a great recruiter.  I figure the 28th will be the big recruiting weekend for the Diamond Hogs and he will get to meet all of his future teammates.

ucahogfan

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersPG  15m 
#Arkansas commit @DavidRawnsleyPG: NJ OF Luke Bonfield just keeps hitting, 6-6 at #PG National, 3B to RF (misplayed) 1st AB at ECP

Kendall is a little behind on his info with recruiting news (who can blame him since he is in Greece), but Bonfield is probably our top target and I expect him to re-commit.

ucahogfan

Jonathan Mayo from MLB.com details Day 2 of East Coast Pro with notes about former commits Luke Bonfield (probable re-commit) and Josh Ockimey.

http://minors.mlblogs.com/2013/08/02/day-2-at-the-east-coast-pro-showcase-2/

ucahogfan

Jonah Patten took the mound today at ECP and showed pretty well.  He has been up to 93 at PG events in the past few weeks, but was 89-92 today with a big breaking curveball in the mid 70s.  He also flashed a low 80s slider that looked pretty nasty to strike out the #6 overall player in the class of 2014.

ucahogfan

Luke Bonfield made the top prospect list as a hitter because he has "punished" top pitching this summer and shown power doing it.

Jonah Patten made the top prospect list as a pitcher.  He is unconventional in his mechanics and uses high effort in his delivery, but it works for him as he is consistent with his release point and mechanics.  He was 90-92 with his fastball and showed an excellent curveball.

In other recruiting news, the Area Code Games start today in Long Beach and several commits/targets will be out there.

Keaton McKinney and Jonah Patten will be on the White Sox team.

Kyle Pate will be playing on the Nationals team.

Randall Fant will be playing on the Rangers team.

Blake Wiggins and Luke Bonfield will be playing on the Yankees team.

ucahogfan

Todd Gold ‏@TGold_PG  59m 
It's not a textbook swing, but 2014 OF Luke Bonfield (Skillman, NJ) has outstanding hand-eye coordination. Squared every ball in BP #ACGames

Someone who owns their own scouting site puts Bonfield's hit tool at 7.  That would mean his hit tool would be plus plus and projects to be a .300+ average type hitter at the MLB level.

ucahogfan

2014 Commitments
1.  Jack Benninghoff - 6-0, 185, OF, 192, 10, Kansas (high school in KC, Missouri)
2.  Luke Bonfield - 6-2, 185, OF, 69, 10, New Jersey (de-committed in July)
3.  Ryan Fant - 6-5, 205, LHP, 238, N/A, Texas
4.  Keith Grieshaber - 6-1, 180, SS, 171, 9.5, Missouri
5.  Corey Herndon - 6-3, 190, RHP, 456, 9, Arkansas (de-committed July 24)
6.  Gavin LaValley - 6-3, 230, 1B, 463, N/A, Oklahoma
7.  Keaton McKinney - 6-5, 220, RHP/1B, 50, 10, Iowa
8.  Josh Ockimey - 6-4, 220, 1B, 378, 9.5, Pennsylvania (de-committed July 13)
9.  Kyle Pate - 6-1, 175, LHP, 500, N/A, Arkansas
10.  Jonah Patten - 6-3, 200, RHP, 131, N/A, Indiana
11.  Nathan Rodriguez - 5-11, 175, C, 315, N/A, California
12.  Storm Rynard - 6-0, 170, RHP, 208, 9.5, Missouri  (graduated early, going JUCO)
13.  Chad Spanberger - 6-3, 210, C, 311, 9.5, Illinois
14.  Blake Wiggins - 6-2, 195, SS, 152, 9.5, Arkansas
15.  Mark Clark - 6-4, 190, OF, NR, N/A, Arkansas
16.  Darien Simms - 5-10, 160, OF, NR, 8, Texas

2015 Commitments
1.  Ty Harris - 6-1, 160, LHP, 121, 9, Arkansas
2.  Cody Scroggins - 5-10, ?, RHP/INF/OF, NR, N/A, Arkansas

ucahogfan

Perfect Game released their reports from both the National Showcase and Jr. National Showcase from back in June.

Ty Harris participated in the Jr. National Showcase.  He scored a 9 which means he is a potential top 10 round pick.  You can view his report here:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=331821

Jack Benninghoff graded out at 10.  He is a toolsy player and his report can be viewed below.  He sounds like the perfect DVH player.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=336051

Luke Bonfield also graded out at 10 because of his hitting ability.  His report can be viewed below:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=297573

Keith Grieshaber graded out at 9.5.  His report can be viewed on his linked profile:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=338851

Keaton McKinney graded out at 10.  He has shown excellent development over the past year much like Ty Buttrey did in 2012.  The saving grace here is that McKinney also has some pop in his bat and could be a 2 way player.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=283621

Josh Ockimey's report gives a potential idea why he was dropped.  He graded at 9.5, but has the tools to be one of the top hitters in the class, but his batting approach hinders his ability.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=277250

Blake Wiggins graded out at 9.5.  He went behind the plate for the first time and showed off some nice skills.  He had a sub 1.9 pop in drills which is very, very good.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=292110

ucahogfan

Blake Wiggins hits the first HR of the ACG on Day 3 high off the LF foul pole.  It should be noted that Blair Field is huge and very few hit it out.

ucahogfan

For those of you that have MLB Network, Keaton McKinney will be playing in the Perfect Game All American Game at Petco Park tomorrow at 7 PM CST.  He will be throwing one inning where he will be in the low 90s with his fastball and will show what might be the best change in his class.

aaroncooley

Quote from: ucahogfan on August 10, 2013, 09:16:03 pm
For those of you that have MLB Network, Keaton McKinney will be playing in the Perfect Game All American Game at Petco Park tomorrow at 7 PM CST.  He will be throwing one inning where he will be in the low 90s with his fastball and will show what might be the best change in his class.
McKinney lit it up. Struck out the side all on swings and misses. Almost no contact whatsoever.

ucahogfan

Keaton McKinney just pitched the bottom of the 4th.  It was the first time for me to see him and I sure hope he gets to campus.  He was 90-93 with his fastball that had insane amounts of movement ala Barrett Astin.  The scary thing is that isn't even his best pitch.  His change is as good as advertised if not better.  Thrown 78-80, it fell off the table and none of the 4 hitters he faced even fouled it off.  Remember that the guys playing are all in the top 50.  He struck out the side and walked one hitter.

PorkRyan

Doubt he makes it to campus with that stuff.  That change up was nasty. 

ucahogfan

Quote from: PorkRyan on August 11, 2013, 08:41:10 pm
There are a couple of things working in our favor IMO.

The first would be that he also has some pop in his bat and could want to hit in college as well.  He was a top 100 player when he focused purely on hitting and has only started pitching full-time in the last year.

The second is that the 2014 pitching class is INSANELY deep.  Carlos Rodon has David Price like stuff and there is a chance he won't go 1/1 in next year's draft.  The college crop is deep with Rodon, Beede at Vandy, Hoffman at ECU, and Nola at LSU just to name a few.  The high school class might be even deeper.  Kodi Medeiros is from Hawaii with a fastball up to 94 with late plus life and one of the nastiest sliders you will ever see.  He is the 15th best player in his class and several pitching prospects are higher rated than him.  PG has seen McKinney a ton and is ranked 50th in his class which shows just how deep the 2014 class is.

It also depends on his signability.  He could have a very high number and make it to Arkansas.  His frame projects as someone who could work in the mid 90s in college with his beyond filthy change as well as a nice curveball which he didn't show last night.

ucahogfan

McKinney picked up the win last night after pitching the 4th.

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersPG  15h 
Maturity of some of these @PGAllAmerican's is impressive. RHP Keaton McKinney (#Arkansas commit), looks like a college Jr. 90-93 FB, plus CH

Todd Gold ‏@TGold_PG  15h 
2014 RHP Keaton McKinney (Ankeny, IA) showcased his highly advanced changeup nicely, striking out elite LHH Braxton Davidson with 3 of them

ucahogfan

Baseball America recaps the PG All-American Game.  Even though the final score was 8-6, the pitching dominated as the 2014 class is beyond deep on the mound.  To provide a good example, the highest velo hit in last year's game was 94 by 4th overall pick Kohl Stewart.  In this year's game, 9 players hit 95 or higher with Tyler Kolek setting an event record by hitting 99 and added excellent run with it.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/perfect-game-all-american-classic/

dotnet

Quote from: PorkRyan on August 11, 2013, 08:41:10 pm

This is why I love and hate college baseball...

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: dotnet on August 14, 2013, 10:10:52 am
This is why I love and hate college baseball...

Could you imagine if there were minor league football and basketball leagues which feed directly to the pros?  That would decimate the cash cows for the major colleges - and make the NCAA much less powerful.

-phil

ucahogfan

Matt Jones ‏@NWAMatt  2h 
Conway shortstop Jacob Adams verbally committed to Arkansas over the weekend http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2013/aug/19/conway-shortstop-commits-hogs/ ...

ucahogfan

August 19, 2013, 03:20:29 pm #70 Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:10:12 pm by ucahogfan
2014 Commitments
1.  Jack Benninghoff - 6-0, 185, OF, 192, 10, Kansas (high school in KC, Missouri)
2.  Luke Bonfield - 6-2, 185, OF, 69, 10, New Jersey (de-committed in July)
3.  Ryan Fant - 6-5, 205, LHP, 238, N/A, Texas
4.  Keith Grieshaber - 6-1, 180, SS, 171, 9.5, Missouri
5.  Corey Herndon - 6-3, 190, RHP, 456, 9, Arkansas (de-committed July 24)
6.  Gavin LaValley - 6-3, 230, 1B, 463, N/A, Oklahoma
7.  Keaton McKinney - 6-5, 220, RHP/1B, 50, 10, Iowa
8.  Josh Ockimey - 6-4, 220, 1B, 378, 9.5, Pennsylvania (de-committed July 13)
10.  Jonah Patten - 6-3, 200, RHP, 131, N/A, Indiana
11.  Nathan Rodriguez - 5-11, 175, C, 315, N/A, California
12.  Storm Rynard - 6-0, 170, RHP, 208, 9.5, Missouri  (graduated early, going JUCO)
13.  Chad Spanberger - 6-3, 210, C, 311, 9.5, Illinois
14.  Blake Wiggins - 6-2, 195, SS, 152, 9.5, Arkansas

2015 Commitments
1.  Ty Harris - 6-1, 160, LHP, 201, 9, Arkansas
3.  Jacob Adams - ?, ?, SS, NR, N/A, Arkansas
4.  Tyler Ivey - 6-4, 200, RHP, 134, N/A, Texas

ucahogfan

August 19, 2013, 03:21:20 pm #71 Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:10:32 pm by ucahogfan
2014 State Breakdown
Arkansas - 4 3 (1 SS, 1 RHP, 1 LHP, 1 OF)
Iowa - 1 (1 RHP/1B)
Missouri - 2 1 (1 RHP, 1 SS)
Indiana - 1 (1 RHP)
Kansas - 1 (1 OF)
Illinois - 1 (1 C)
California - 1 (1 C)
Pennsylvania - 1 (1 1B)
Texas - 2 (1 LHP, 1 OF)
Oklahoma - 1 (1 1B)
New Jersey - 1 (1 OF)

2015 State Breakdown
Arkansas - 3 (1 LHP, 1 RHP/INF/OF, 1 SS)
Texas - 1 (1 RHP)

ucahogfan

The 2015 class picked up a commitment this evening from Rockwall-Heath RHP Tyler Ivey.  At 6-4, 200, he has an ideal frame for a pitcher.  At a recent PG Showcase, he topped out at 92.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=338603

Tyler Ivey☣ ‏@_TylerIvey  5h 
Just verbally committed to play baseball at the University of Arkansas!🐗🐗🐗⚾
#GoHogs #WPS

ucahogfan

luke bonfield ‏@LukeBonfield  4h 
Just about a month til my official to @Arkansas_Logo really looking forward to seeing the campus and @Kyle_Pate

ucahogfan

Zachary Friedman ‏@ZeFreed  19 Aug 
The younger Kolek (Stephen) in an interview with Area Codes, said his top two college choices are TCU and Arkansas Tyler is committed to TCU

Would have to assume that is Vitello's work although there is about a 0% chance Stephen Kolek makes it to a college campus like his brother.

A little background info:

Tyler Kolek is the #3 2014 player according to PG and is the top high school pitching prospect for the 2014 draft.  He is a very big guy at 6-5, 250 who has the velo to back it up.  He set the PG All-American Game record when he hit 99 and flashes a nasty slider.  He could be a top 5 pick in the draft and probably has a higher ceiling than anyone drafted this year.

Stephen Kolek is the #5 2015 player according to PG right now and is one of the top prospects in a 2015 Texas class that is beyond deep.  Smaller than his brother at 6-3, 190, he has topped out at 94 this summer.  He also flashes a nasty slider, but is a different style pitcher from his brother.  I do expect some shake up in the 2015 rankings as Beau Burrows (TAMU commit, #15 player right now) has really improved this summer and has topped out at 96.

Would be nice to land Stephen Kolek just in case an injury sends him to college.  I bet Vandy's staff never thought they would get Jordan Sheffield to campus after hitting 98 his senior year, but TJ surgery happened and he will be a Commodore.

donaldjboyles

My 1st post....I work for a site called the Big League Futures.. We just held our 1st Showcase this past weekend in Tomball, Texas. Where y'alls very own Tony Vitello was out there recruiting...

He thought quite highly of one of our players that this young man will be on Campus on October the 12th...

The young man's name is Jaxon Williams..

I was able to catch up with Jaxon to do an interview..Now the interview is more slanted toward the Showcase, but it should give you an idea on who the young man is..

These are my images from the events

http://bigleaguefutures.net/1/2013/08/22/interview-with-mifrhp-jaxon-williams/

ucahogfan

Donald,

Thanks for your input and we look forward to future posts about potential targets.  Good to know that Vitello is hitting the recruiting trail hard which is what I think everyone expected when he was hired to replace Butler.

For those who want some info about Jaxon Williams, he is a rising sophomore (2016 recruit) who has reported numbers of 85 off the mound and a 60 of 6.8.  He seems to be really excited about the offer and the upcoming visit in October.  I think he might be the first commitment of our 2016 class.

ucahogfan

Keaton McKinney was one of 20 players who made the 18U USA National Baseball Team.  Pretty sure Big Taco was a member of this team a year ago.

donaldjboyles

Quote from: ucahogfan on August 22, 2013, 09:57:08 pm
Donald,

Thanks for your input and we look forward to future posts about potential targets.  Good to know that Vitello is hitting the recruiting trail hard which is what I think everyone expected when he was hired to replace Butler.

For those who want some info about Jaxon Williams, he is a rising sophomore (2016 recruit) who has reported numbers of 85 off the mound and a 60 of 6.8.  He seems to be really excited about the offer and the upcoming visit in October.  I think he might be the first commitment of our 2016 class.

Thank you

My Goal is to do a follow up interview once his visit to Arkansas is over...So, I check back in October..

ucahogfan

Article about Michael Kopech from the UA All American at Wrigley yesterday.  It has been reported that he is a target after Vitello was hired.  Highly doubt he ever steps on a college campus in 2014 wherever he decides to sign.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/kopech-carves-at-under-armour-all-america-game/

ucahogfan

PG updated their class of 2014 rankings in the last couple of days.  The movement in the rankings is as follows:

Jack Benninghoff - 192 to 201
Ryan Fant - 238 to 262
Keith Grieshaber - 171 to 183
Gavin LaValley - 463 to 500
Keaton McKinney - 50 to 31
Jonah Patten - 131 to 97
Nathan Rodriguez - 315 to 353
Chad Spanberger - 311 to 348
Blake Wiggins - 152 to 160

Other prospects that might sign:

Michael Kopech - 22 to 35
Luke Bonfield - 69 to 48

ucahogfan

2014 Commitments
1.  Jack Benninghoff - 6-0, 185, OF, 201, 10, Kansas (high school in KC, Missouri)
2.  Luke Bonfield - 6-2, 185, OF, 48, 10, New Jersey (de-committed in July)
3.  Ryan Fant - 6-5, 205, LHP, 262, N/A, Texas
4.  Keith Grieshaber - 6-1, 180, SS, 183, 9.5, Missouri
5.  Corey Herndon - 6-3, 190, RHP, 500, 9, Arkansas (de-committed July 24)
6.  Gavin LaValley - 6-3, 230, 1B, 500, N/A, Oklahoma
7.  Keaton McKinney - 6-5, 220, RHP/1B, 31, 10, Iowa
8.  Josh Ockimey - 6-4, 220, 1B, 188, 9.5, Pennsylvania (de-committed July 13)
10.  Jonah Patten - 6-3, 200, RHP, 97, N/A, Indiana
11.  Nathan Rodriguez - 5-11, 175, C, 353, N/A, California
13.  Chad Spanberger - 6-3, 210, C, 348, 9.5, Illinois
14.  Blake Wiggins - 6-2, 195, SS, 160, 9.5, Arkansas

2015 Commitments
3.  Jacob Adams - ?, ?, SS, NR, N/A, Arkansas

donaldjboyles

Quote from: ucahogfan on August 25, 2013, 01:32:46 pm
Article about Michael Kopech from the UA All American at Wrigley yesterday.  It has been reported that he is a target after Vitello was hired.  Highly doubt he ever steps on a college campus in 2014 wherever he decides to sign.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/kopech-carves-at-under-armour-all-america-game/

Saw him pitch last summer..Came away extremely impressed...

Even a better person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGKCDfFEqCQ

monkeyboy

Kopech played with my son Ethan several years ago on a Dallas select team.  Outstanding work ethic and great family.  Driven to excel.

ucahogfan

Keaton McKinney is currently playing with Team USA 18U team in Taiwan and they have won their pool which included Italy, Australia, Cuba, Korea, and Colombia by going 4-1.  McKinney started the only game they lost, but drove in a crucial run in their win over Korea.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/18u-usa-baseball-wins-pool-b-at-ibaf-world-cup/

Sueie

Is it Korea or Japan that has the player that throws over 200 pitches and comes back the next day and throws over a hundred more?

ucahogfan

Quote from: Sueie on September 05, 2013, 03:39:36 pm
Is it Korea or Japan that has the player that throws over 200 pitches and comes back the next day and throws over a hundred more?
Japan.  I think he is 16 now and has made a big impression with MLB scouts.  When healthy and fresh, have heard he throws 93-94.

ucahogfan

Team USA 18U advances to the Gold Medal Game against Japan as Keaton McKinney is making his presence felt at the plate.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/usa-baseball-18u-advances-to-ibaf-world-cup-gold-medal-game/

ucahogfan

A couple of tidbits about de-commits:

-  Josh Ockimey looks like he will mainly be visiting Big 10 schools.  He is at Indiana this weekend.

-  Corey Herndon has verballed to UCA.

-  Luke Bonfield is on his official to NC State, but I truly will be shocked if he doesn't re-commit.  Also will be shocked if he makes it to a college campus.

ucahogfan

Vernon Tarver ‏@NWAVernon  23h 
PREP BASEBALL: According to  twitter reports, Fayetteville junior SS Drew Tyler has received offer from and committed to Arkansas. #arpreps

ucahogfan

September 07, 2013, 08:09:07 pm #90 Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:20:56 pm by ucahogfan
2014 Commitments
1.  Jack Benninghoff - 6-0, 185, OF, 201, 10, Kansas (high school in KC, Missouri)
2.  Luke Bonfield - 6-2, 185, OF, 48, 10, New Jersey (de-committed in July)
3.  Ryan Fant - 6-5, 205, LHP, 262, N/A, Texas
4.  Keith Grieshaber - 6-1, 180, SS, 183, 9.5, Missouri
5.  Corey Herndon - 6-3, 190, RHP, 500, 9, Arkansas (de-committed July 24)
6.  Gavin LaValley - 6-3, 230, 1B, 500, N/A, Oklahoma
7.  Keaton McKinney - 6-5, 220, RHP/1B, 31, 10, Iowa
8.  Josh Ockimey - 6-4, 220, 1B, 188, 9.5, Pennsylvania (de-committed July 13)
10.  Jonah Patten - 6-3, 200, RHP, 97, N/A, Indiana
11.  Nathan Rodriguez - 5-11, 175, C, 353, N/A, California
13.  Chad Spanberger - 6-3, 210, C, 348, 9.5, Illinois
14.  Blake Wiggins - 6-2, 195, SS, 160, 9.5, Arkansas

2015 Commitments
3.  Jacob Adams - 5-11, 155, SS, NR, N/A, Arkansas
5.  Drew Tyler - 5-11, 180, SS, NR, N/A, Arkansas

ucahogfan

2014 State Breakdown
Arkansas - 4 3 (1 SS, 1 RHP, 1 LHP, 1 OF)
Iowa - 1 (1 RHP/1B)
Missouri - 2 1 (1 RHP, 1 SS)
Indiana - 1 (1 RHP)
Kansas - 1 (1 OF)
Illinois - 1 (1 C)
California - 1 (1 C)
Pennsylvania - 1 (1 1B)
Texas - 2 (1 LHP, 1 OF)
Oklahoma - 1 (1 1B)
New Jersey - 1 (1 OF)

2015 State Breakdown
Arkansas - 4 (1 LHP, 1 RHP/INF/OF, 2 SS)
Texas - 1 (1 RHP)

ucahogfan

The Hogs picked up their 5th commitment of the 2015 class yesterday in Fayetteville SS Drew Tyler.  He makes it the 3rd straight class the Hogs have picked someone up from Fayetteville and could add another one in this class in RHP Andy Pagnozzi.  Also would make it seem like Fayetteville had one of the better high school teams in state history talent wise last year when they had 4 baseball players who either committed to the Hogs or hold an offer from the Hogs (assuming with Pagnozzi) and another player in Austin Allen who signed with the Hogs for football.

Back to Tyler, he recently participated in the PG South Top Prospect Showcase along with Tyler Ivey.  By my count, he was one of only 9 2015s to participate in the showcase.  He recorded a 60 of 6.80 which is faster than any 2014 commit has recorded at a PG event and threw 82 from the INF which means he probably profiles at 2B if he doesn't add any arm strength which is highly doubtful.

Also, does anyone find it interesting that the 2015 class has more in-state commits right now than the 2014 class?

lowandaway

Maybe there aren't any 2014's in Arkansas worth recruiting besides Wiggins.

ucahogfan

Quote from: lowandaway on September 07, 2013, 08:38:28 pm
Maybe there aren't any 2014's in Arkansas worth recruiting besides Wiggins.
Kyle Pate and Mark Clark are worth it as well.  Pate was good enough to play at the ACG which is an honor.  Wiggins was the only player to hit a HR at the ACG and had another one smothered by Blair Field which is a big time pitcher's park.

lowandaway

I agree.  They're good players and have a chance to do well at Arkansas.  But still not the depth in 2014 as it seems to be in 2015.

ucahogfan

Quote from: lowandaway on September 07, 2013, 08:51:18 pm
I agree.  They're good players and have a chance to do well at Arkansas.  But still not the depth in 2014 as it seems to be in 2015.
Very true.  Wiggins might be the best offensive player this state has produced in a long, long time.  All he does it hit at any event he goes to and normally does it with quite a bit of power.  Really hope he makes it to campus.  Would be shocked if he doesn't make it seeing as he has been committed since around his freshman year.

It would appear 2015 has some really good depth in-state which really helps this program.  Also helps that the 2015 class in Texas might be of the best ever in terms of depth.

lowandaway

lowandaway

Quote from: lowandaway on September 07, 2013, 10:00:20 pm
Quote from: ucahogfan on September 07, 2013, 08:56:38 pm
Very true.  Wiggins might be the best offensive player this state has produced in a long, long time.  All he does it hit at any event he goes to and normally does it with quite a bit of power.  Really hope he makes it to campus.  Would be shocked if he doesn't make it seeing as he has been committed since around his freshman year.

It would appear 2015 has some really good depth in-state which really helps this program.  Also helps that the 2015 class in Texas might be of the best ever in terms of depth.

So, do we not have any other D1-caliber players in Arkansas for 2014?  I haven't heard of any.

ucahogfan

Quote from: lowandaway on September 07, 2013, 10:02:42 pm
Quote from: lowandaway on September 07, 2013, 10:00:20 pm
Quote from: ucahogfan on September 07, 2013, 08:56:38 pm
So, do we not have any other D1-caliber players in Arkansas for 2014?  I haven't heard of any.
Joey Abraham from LR Central is committed to Vandy although I have no idea if he has an offer from the Hogs.  UCA has some solid players from in-state committed.  I would think there will be at least 1 or 2 more in-state players that commit to the Hogs, but I'm not sure who they would be.