Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Sources" and mis-information is the problem, the only statement I have read

Started by traffordhog, April 01, 2007, 04:50:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

traffordhog

from the U of A was the one released yesterday which only stated things were progressing in our coaching search.  Even the T.V. stations are not quoting credible sources.  People need to only pay attention to the official releases from the university and then make their remarks or assumptions.

Big Hawg 21

I cannot believe all the of the "false" stories and reports this last week..This JC things is laughable.  Didnt anyone learn from BCG last week?  It might be time to check out these so called sources and find new ones.

Arkiebrian

Somebody needs to pull a Dan Rather on these talking heads and demand their sources...

007 License To Squeal

Do you honestly believe we will get a straight story from Broyles?  Remember him and his "experts"? 
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

jesterzzn

Quote from: Arkiebrian on April 01, 2007, 04:50:54 pm
Somebody needs to pull a Dan Rather on these talking heads and demand their sources...
I agree.  All the crap we have been getting in the national media can be DIRECTLY traced to morons in the local media running with BS sources that are obviously not credible.  John Calipari had NOTHING but nice things to say about Arkansas, he just wasn't offered the job...but thanks to peckerheads in the AR media all the national guys are assuming we were turned down.  Its disgusting, and they need to be held accountable.

WilsonHog

Quote from: jesterzzn on April 01, 2007, 04:58:13 pm
I agree.  All the crap we have been getting in the national media can be DIRECTLY traced to morons in the local media running with BS sources that are obviously not credible.  John Calipari had NOTHING but nice things to say about Arkansas, he just wasn't offered the job...but thanks to peckerheads in the AR media all the national guys are assuming we were turned down.  Its disgusting, and they need to be held accountable.

And you are assuming Calipari wasn't offered the job because he said so, right?

Looks like you're jumping to the same type of conclusions for which you condemn others. 

And by the way, we're primarily catching crap in the national media because their job is to protect and defend coaches whenever possible, and they think we were foolish for firing Stan Heath.   

Lucky #7

I think your local media's source is hogville.net personally.  Sources on the internet are wrong so much it isn't even funny anymore.  I don't know if most people that claim sources are just getting fourth and fifth hand stories or if they're just flat making things up, but even people who have proven to be right in the past need to be viewed skeptically on a message board.  With local media I think you just have to keep in mind that there is a reason they're all still in smaller markets.

jesterzzn

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 01, 2007, 05:04:55 pm
Quote from: jesterzzn on April 01, 2007, 04:58:13 pm

And you are assuming Calipari wasn't offered the job because he said so, right?

Looks like you're jumping to the same type of conclusions for which you condemn others. 

And by the way, we're primarily catching crap in the national media because their job is to protect and defend coaches whenever possible, and they think we were foolish for firing Stan Heath.   
Noooo, lets try and follow along, reading what people actually say, and basing your statements on that is different than citing sources that are wrong.  You get that right?