Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach B scheduled for 1st coach up today in Hoover

Started by hobhog, July 10, 2017, 10:50:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Not a mention in ADG or hardly anywhere. Strange that it gets so little attention around here....should be good.

BigSexyHog

Jesus Almighty.  Enough of the opening by the commissioner.  Damn he is boring.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FraggleHog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 10, 2017, 11:49:06 am
Jesus Almighty.  Enough of the opening by the commissioner.  Damn he is boring.

Better than Slive... IMO
Calling the Hogs from DFW

rljjr

The SEC is a business. Sometimes business meetings are boring. Lots of folks find great interest in discussions like SEC Network revenue or the new show debuting on the SEC Network starting In Sept.

By the way, this event is for the media. They get to do the boring stuff to bring us the fun stuff.

BigSexyHog

hog.goblin

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

colbs

hog.goblin

FraggleHog

Up Next on SECN... I think he's just about to be interviewed. I don't know how long until he comes "Up to the Podium"

FraggleHog

For whoever bet that the first question would be about becoming a father... You win

BigSexyHog

CBB is always fun to listen to.   Pretty good round table segment and liked what he had to say.

carolinahogger

hogfan14

ThisTeetsTaken

Booger and Spears crying about poor recruiting at LSU.  Poor guys can't get any talent down there.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hogs49ers

Austin Allen coming up after the break in about 2 minutes.
SCREW Vandy!

BigSexyHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 10, 2017, 12:37:46 pm
Booger and Spears crying about poor recruiting at LSU.  Poor guys can't get any talent down there.

Yeah normally they do pretty good about being somewhat down the middle but man they were crying bad....lol

GuvHog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 10, 2017, 12:40:33 pm
Yeah normally they do pretty good about being somewhat down the middle but man they were crying bad....lol

That's really odd because the one thing Ed O does really well is recruit.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: GuvHog on July 10, 2017, 12:47:48 pm
That's really odd because the one thing Ed O does really well is recruit.
Apparently, Saban > Orgeron in recruiting blue chips in Louisiana.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 10, 2017, 12:37:46 pm

It's Coach O's first year. My goodness.

RME

ThisTeetsTaken

He said they are going to "start concentrating on winning games in the 2nd half instead of losing them".  I think that's a good idea.   

PorkRyan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 10, 2017, 01:05:46 pm
He said they are going to "start concentrating on winning games in the 2nd half instead of losing them".  I think that's a good idea.   

What a fantastic idea.

HawgTrough

brilliant!
WPS

BigSexyHog

Something all hog fans can agree on.

Razorback Pastor

Glory Glory Hallelujah!

onebadrubi

He said he knows his QB's aren't getting paid any money, but isn't sure about any one elses....

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on July 10, 2017, 01:57:38 pm
And surprised there hasn't been any comment or question on Michael Taylor appeal.

Taylor was here last season so he should be good to go.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

colbs

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on July 10, 2017, 01:57:38 pm
Melvin Johnson will not be eligible to enroll this year. Kid was a late reach and was going to redshirt anyway, hopes to be here in January. But I'm not so sure they'll still want him then as previous history has indicated. Always a risk when looking at a JUCO guy. I thought that CBB had a policy for not taking JUCO guys that didn't qualify out of HS though?

Also said that worst case, Brown is here in January, but is on track to enroll right before fall camp... So don't see him playing this year.

And surprised there hasn't been any comment or question on Michael Taylor appeal.
I bet Brown plays this year.

Wildhog

Groundbreaking stuff right here.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

TebowHater

factchecker

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on July 10, 2017, 02:08:58 pm
Wasn't questioning eligibility. They appealed the NCAA to try and get last year back, which would make him a SO this year. Stated previously that they think they have a good chance it'll be granted.

Cool.  It would be awesome to get back a year of eligibility.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: factchecker on July 10, 2017, 01:59:07 pm
Taylor was here last season so he should be good to go.
Michael Taylor is good to go.  As people see more if Michael, they're going to love him.  A sack machine.  Also a great kid. Shares an apartment with my son.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MrKnowItAll

Bret Bielema retells story of butt-dialing SEC commish Greg Sankey

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19955245/bret-bielema-arkansas-razorbacks-butt-dials-sec-commissioner

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said shortly after the birth of his daughter on Saturday, he was walking out of restaurant after getting some food for his wife Jen.

He looked at his cellphone and was surprised to see SEC commissioner Greg Sankey's name.

Bielema thought it was great the commissioner had called him: "This is pretty cool, the commissioner is Face Timing me, that's pretty unique!''

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Wildhog on July 10, 2017, 02:02:08 pm
Groundbreaking stuff right here.
I guess if you were his boss evaluating him you'd have to say he has a plan of action going forward....

PossumFan

Bielema misuses the word "unique" a lot. I know it's not a big deal, but it just kind of bugs me, like "ATM machine" and the epidemic misuse of "literally." If he wins 9 this year, though, I am willing to overlook it :-)

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on July 10, 2017, 05:09:03 pm
I guess if you were his boss evaluating him you'd have to say he has a plan of action going forward....

So did Mussolini.

Didn't work out so well. (No I'm not comparing his situation to Benito's).

Also Looks like coach gained some sympathy weight while his wife was pregnant. He n eds to get that under control.
This is my non-signature signature.

hog.goblin

Wow Ed O was terrible.  If he coaches like writes a speech it's going to be like Ole Miss again.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 10, 2017, 06:23:32 pm
So did Mussolini.

Didn't work out so well. (No I'm not comparing his situation to Benito's).

Also Looks like coach gained some sympathy weight while his wife was pregnant. He n eds to get that under control.
He and the O-line coach are obese to the point that I'm afraid for their health and I don't even know them. .  They look like heart attacks waiting to happen.

FraggleHog

Quote from: hog.goblin on July 10, 2017, 10:15:30 pm
Wow Ed O was terrible.  If he coaches like writes a speech it's going to be like Ole Miss again.

I'd love to see LSU squander into oblivion like Ole Miss did under his tutelage...

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 10, 2017, 11:08:23 pm
I'd love to see LSU squander into oblivion like Ole Miss did under his tutelage...

Would also love it. Don't think it will happen. His LA roots will help them keep in state talent and he has 2 of the best coordinators in the game. Unless he takes hold of the wheel and crashes it himself (which he says he learned not to do at Ole Miss) we could be in trouble.

hog.goblin

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 10, 2017, 11:08:23 pm

I'm counting on it.

hawgon

If he doesn't lose some weight, he isn't going to live to collect his buyout.  His blood work is probably some sort of nightmare.

hobhog

Quote from: hawgon on July 11, 2017, 10:34:15 am
If he doesn't lose some weight, he isn't going to live to collect his buyout.  His blood work is probably some sort of nightmare.

Probably similar to your blood pressure whenever you post anything about our coach. Relax.

GuvHog

Quote from: hog.goblin on July 10, 2017, 10:15:30 pm

In my opinion, how LSU does depends on hoe ED O approaches his job. If He chooses to be a CEO style coach and let's his Coordinators call the plays, LSU will have success but if he tries to be a hands on HC like he did at Ole Miss then LSU will tank.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hawgon

Quote from: hobhog on July 11, 2017, 10:38:14 am
Probably similar to your blood pressure whenever you post anything about our coach. Relax.

My BP has never been better.  But, of course, I'm not pushing 400 pounds.