Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Ya'll must've forgot!!!" -Roy Jones Jr.

Started by snoot hoggy hog, September 17, 2017, 01:03:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

Arkansas had a rough go in trying to hire the last two coaches. It was a stroke of luck that landed both CBP and CBB. It's gonna be tougher this go around.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on September 17, 2017, 01:03:56 am
Arkansas had a rough go in trying to hire the last two coaches. It was a stroke of luck that landed both CBP and CBB. It's gonna be tougher this go around.
Admittedly hiring a coach is obviously enough, not wise AD Long's strong suit, but he is on the playoff committee, so there is that.

snoot hoggy hog

sickboy

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on September 17, 2017, 02:01:15 am
Trying to hard, bro. Your post game is Shawn Bradley right now.

Damn. I haven't heard a Shawn Bradley diss in years. This season is off to a rambunctious start. Get out your fighting gloves, y'all. This is about to get bumpy.

cosmodrum

Bert was a stroke of luck? What kind of luck, exactly?
Go away, batin'

davglo35

Dumb Luck! We have a coach that is either too dumb to know what adjustments need to be made during a game and at halftime or he is just too stubborn to admit his game plan ain't working.

HardCore

Quote from: mboot on September 17, 2017, 01:18:31 am
Fire Bert..

Fire Long!  The heart of all these issues is at AD folks.  We are stuck in a 5}{|++¥ contract that has put us in a bad position with this coach.  He should be fired for that contract alone.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

bigeasyhog

What? Our mercenary AD had no difficulty hiring either. Petrino went out of his way to reach out for the job. I'm sure someone still has the audio they can post . I believe it was a guy named Russ over in TN or GA that was a coonection to Petrinos agent. After Jim Grobe slept on accepting the job, he backed out. It was afterwards that Long got the negotiations started with Petrino.

Regarding Bielema, Long received a love letter from him after firing Petrino. That was all it took, and Long apparently shut it down, without a real search and hired him. I have asked on here numerous times, and no one can confirm that Long interviewed anyone else for the opening.
This alone, to me, is damning. I would never fill a position of this magnitude without conducting a thorough search and interviewing multiple candidates. For these very reasons, we need to terminate our relationship with Long. Again, he's simply a "hired gun". When you transact with mercenaries, and they can't fulfill the targeted mission, you move on. A new AD needs to make the next football coach hire for the university.

Inhogswetrust

Pleas explain to us why you think you're such an expert on coaching hiring and how tough it is or isn't or firing for that matter.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on September 17, 2017, 02:01:15 am
Trying to hard, bro. Your post game is Shawn Bradley right now.

And yours is Mickey Mouse.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 17, 2017, 04:44:33 am
Bert was a stroke of luck? What kind of luck, exactly?
About as lucky as having a stroke.