Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H. Nutt weighs in on Razorbacks' current status

Started by WizardofhOgZ, September 15, 2017, 01:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MNHogFan

NO, NO, NO, never, never, never Nutt again!!!!!

cmphill87

Quote from: cj_sez on September 15, 2017, 04:35:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d4mVHDtkK4

Watch this and then ask yourself, do you want him back?

Ironically this video describes Beilema pretty well. Also, Beilema's record in the SEC is 10-22 (31.25%). HDN was 42-38 (52.25%) at Arkansas. Yes I'd rather go 500 in conference play. I'd also rather have the motivation back. We are yet to see an inspired CBB team.
-Chrisky

stronguard

Hootypucker is crawling back out of the shadows because he wants something. 

He wants to be AD.  He always did.  He's gauging the reaction of Hog fans to his comments. 

He also reads this board regularly. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: stronguard on September 15, 2017, 04:54:35 pm
Hootypucker is crawling back out of the shadows because he wants something. 

He wants to be AD.  He always did.  He's gauging the reaction of Hog fans to his comments. 

He also reads this board regularly. 

He just wants brown bag special from the Alma Sonic.

depressed_fan

Quote from: cmphill87 on September 15, 2017, 04:50:04 pm
Ironically this video describes Beilema pretty well. Also, Beilema's record in the SEC is 10-22 (31.25%). HDN was 42-38 (52.25%) at Arkansas. Yes I'd rather go 500 in conference play. I'd also rather have the motivation back. We are yet to see an inspired CBB team.

He has a lot of emotion. I listened to this radio interview he had with the  buzz. He could probably hire as good of coaches as broyles if he ever becomes AD.

factchecker

Quote from: GuvHog on September 15, 2017, 04:43:42 pm
I haven't forgotten anything. Nutt made some serious mistakes back then, that's why I don't want him back as head coach. He'd still make a far better AD than Jeff long. Say what you want but the fact that he turned down a scholarship offer from Bear Bryant because he wanted to be a Hog speaks volumes. Your hate for the man is blinding you.

By the way, he wasn't the only one on the coaching staff that year with blood on his hands. Gus Malzahn was just as guilty of wrongdoing.

1. I don't hate Nutt. I just don't want him anywhere near my Razorbacks.

2. I agree with you about Malzahn.  Don't want him here either.

This is not a either/or proposition with Nutt and Bielema or Nutt and Long. If/when/however Long and Bielema leave our program I don't want anyone from the Nutt and Malzahn years on our staff.

There are plenty of good coaches and athletic directors out there - Nutt isn't one of them.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GuvHog

Quote from: factchecker on September 15, 2017, 04:58:22 pm
1. I don't hate Nutt. I just don't want him anywhere near my Razorbacks.

2. I agree with you about Malzahn.  Don't want him here either.

This is not a either/or proposition with Nutt and Bielema or Nutt and Long. If/when/however Long and Bielema leave our program I don't want anyone from the Nutt and Malzahn years on our staff.

There are plenty of good coaches and athletic directors out there - Nutt isn't one of them.

Like I said, I'd take Houston Nut as AD in a New York minute but I do NOT want him back as head coach.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 15, 2017, 02:06:20 pm
Ugh...having conflicted feelings right now.

Not me.  As soon as I clicked on that and realized I would have to hear that buffoon talk I turned it off.  I wouldn't hire him to wash my windshield at a red light.

tusksincolorado

OH COME ON GUYS!!! Do all of you have short term memories!!!

Oh heck I think I want to go back to my ex who just happen to sleep with my ex friend...because she spoke nice about me 30 years later!

Once a pig always a pig, no matter how much paint you put on it!!!

Don't be stupid!!!   JEEZ...

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

The Boar War

Being the AD requires a little more than "loving the helmet".  It's not the same as hiring a head cheer coordinator.

GuvHog

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 15, 2017, 05:01:45 pm
OH COME ON GUYS!!! Do all of you have short term memories!!!

Oh heck I think I want to go back to my ex who just happen to sleep with my ex friend...because she spoke nice about me 30 years later!

Once a pig always a pig, no matter how much paint you put on it!!!

Don't be stupid!!!   JEEZ...

I'm not being stupid.

Hiring Jeff Long as AD was a seriously stupid move.

Hiring Houston Nutt to replace Jeff Long would be a brilliant move.

Anything to get rid of Jeff Long is a good move.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

factchecker

I have a feeling that all this love for HDN is because he is from little rock.

There might be some fans who want a "Good Ol' Boy" back in the office so that they feel like they have control again.

Maybe they see it as a chance to save games in WMS.

I don't know, but anyone to overlook the damage Nutt did to this program and fanbase is idiotic.

If ya'll want him back so bad then put him in charge of the little rock trojan football team.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bvillepig

Quote from: hogfanincajunland on September 15, 2017, 02:41:48 pm
"IF" HDN was to come in with the right coordinators and let them do what they're there to do, I would much rather him than what we have now. I also think he'd make a much better AD than what we have now. He is a true Hog and he loves the UofA. Biggest mistake JFB ever made, God rest his soul, was bring in that carpetbagger who has no true understanding or respect for our history.
You raise a great point.  Joe Ferguson as an example did a did a great job with Stoerner.  Lewis Campbell was only called in for the Bowl game against Texas and did a great job on a temporary basis in a year when our secondary looked horrible.

I think most of the problem with Houston was the staff.   It needed an upgrade.  However he is no Petrino with regards to coaching ability.

JOKERHOG

BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Rzbakfromwaybak

Yeah, the old Hooter is such a great coach....why is it that nobody seems to want to hire him ? Amazing, isn't it ? How many years has it been since he coached ?  Looks like the schools that need a new coach, know a used car salesman when they see him....or hear him. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rayzback

When I first started taking my daughter to football games, I remember going to fan days and her getting a ball cap signed by Nutt, McFadden, Felix, etc. It was awesome.  It became our thing, watching the hogs.  A few years later, I also remember her removing that hat during a game... not wanting to be involved with the fans in stands fighting over Nutt.  Sucked. Hard to believe she's a Freshman there now. Still has the hat :)
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on September 15, 2017, 05:01:03 pm
Like I said, I'd take Houston Nut as AD in a New York minute but I do NOT want him back as head coach.

Oh my god. Someone get the tar and feathers.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: 311Hog on September 15, 2017, 02:03:13 pm
i can't listen to him speak, still to soon for me. But yes this was the only thing he did well IMHO was Reverend up a good ole pre game speech to get the boys fired up you know...  we do look uninspired.

Can we hire the guy Auburn had that stood on the side line constantly spinning a towel?

Somebody teach this dude to Snort and Squeal real good. Hey! Where's Pillowtalk Jackson?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

cj_sez

Quote from: GuvHog on September 15, 2017, 05:05:13 pm
I'm not being stupid.

Hiring Houston Nutt to replace Jeff Long would be a horribly stupid move.

You really him to fund raise and allocate funds, and ummm...oh yeah..hire coaches? Think he'd hire someone smarter than he is? Or would the ego that led in part to his previous demise get in the way?

Does the next AD have to be a football coach? I think it would best if our future AD had the knowledge of coaching in addition to being administratively savvy. Can't see Nutt as being capable of the job.

PorkRinds

Quote from: GuvHog on September 15, 2017, 05:05:13 pm
I'm not being stupid.

If someone said this to me in person I'd probably kick them in the nuts repeatedly.

Hoginsavga

Reading these comments should tell all the Razorback Fans where our program stands at this point. Never thought I would see the time when our program is compared to the Nutt program. Sad, very sad.

Tusks

As AD can you imagine 'the monkey with a whistle' TM and his circle of trust with all the mens and womens head coaches and him freezing out one coach over another because one doesn't want to kiss is arse.

Something about hootie and having the checkbook to $100M that makes me blackout and faint.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

The OTR

If Houston could juggle chain saws and become a fire breather he could be of some value as a pre game sideshow, especially if he came out into the field in a Volkswagen filled with midgets.  Their hijinks could really get the crowd at a fever pitch before games. 

hoglady

September 15, 2017, 06:43:19 pm #73 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:13:30 pm by hoglady
Now HDN is going on about them boys need to sing the fight song more.  It's odd....it's like he's stuck in a time loop...but he's still all hog. 

He's Razorback thru and thru.
If he wasn't so hard headed and would have given an OC control of his offenses he would probably still be coach.
His insecurities and pride cost him his career.

And I was as big of a Darksider as anyone.
It's how I ended up on this board to begin with - to talk with like minded people who wanted Nutt gone.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Ironhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 05:36:10 pm
If someone said this to me in person I'd probably kick them in the nuts repeatedly.

I'd hold them for you.

Athog

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 15, 2017, 02:33:54 pm
well just look at our coach during the games. DUH. Would you be excited?

Don't ask the players who play for him! I know you must judge on looks though
LOL!!!

hawgon

I found a role that's just perfect for Hootie's unique brand of crazy:

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

98hogs

HDN was spot on in his assessment.  No Razorback Pride these days.

hoss cartrack

Quote from: cj_sez on September 15, 2017, 03:46:13 pm
I am not conflicted at all in regards to Nutt. The narcissist was not good for the program. Maybe he bled little piggies, but his ego far outweighed his ability. He can criticize, accurately find errors now, but could he when was the one making errors? Nope, not in my opinion.

Leave the past where it belongs.

i completely agree...thus the conflicted feeling.  we need someone who understand us...has pride in us.....just not this guy....i agree
hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 05:36:10 pm

Yes. Many times.
[CENSORED]!

AugustaHog

Quote from: Bebop on September 15, 2017, 03:46:22 pm
If he was corralled to being the ra-ra/hype man and nothing else, then there might be a spot for him.
He was great for the occasional rah rah bump, no doubt, but he was also capable for getting straight out-coached too.  The issue with the Hooter was that once the kids realized how full of crap he was, the rah rah BS was a little harder to swallow.

PorkSoda

Quote from: AugustaHog on September 15, 2017, 08:01:48 pm
He was great for the occasional rah rah bump, no doubt, but he was also capable for getting straight out-coached too.  The issue with the Hooter was that once the kids realized how full of crap he was, the rah rah BS was a little harder to swallow.
yeah, that illusion died a long time ago.  Nutt should not be allowed anywhere near the program.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HognotinMemphis

Houston is a big balla, shot calla, play calla. He can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk, which is why he is on the radio and not on the sideline.

"Strain your body". Never heard that phrase from Nutt before. Like it though.

I'd love to see Nutt as OC but never as HC at Ark again.

Bielema has to find a way to get the team motivated. They do seem to be under-motivated.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Nutt was right about the KY game in WMS in '98. I was present and accounted for that night. It was one of the most exciting games I've ever been to. Kenoy Kennedy was knocking blocks off and David Barrett had a pick 6. And the KY QB was one Tim Couch. KY HC was Hal Mumme. Great game. Fabulous environment that night in LR. You could feel it in the air. My wife and I left that game as wired as we've ever been after an Arkansas football game. The energy was palpable.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 15, 2017, 08:16:01 pm
Houston is a big balla, shot calla, play calla. He can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk, which is why he is on the radio and not on the sideline.

"Strain your body". Never heard that phrase from Nutt before. Like it though.

I'd love to see Nutt as OC but never as HC at Ark again.

Bielema has to find a way to get the team motivated. They do seem to be under-motivated.

Yep, exactly.  It is very noticeable, our guys seem to be on their heels and not on their toes.  Maybe too much flip flops and reggae.

Hollywood_HOGan45

hawgon

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 15, 2017, 08:19:40 pm
Nutt was right about the KY game in WMS in '98. I was present and accounted for that night. It was one of the most exciting games I've ever been to. Kenoy Kennedy was knocking blocks off and David Barrett had a pick 6. And the KY QB was one Tim Couch. KY HC was Hal Mumme. Great game. Fabulous environment that night in LR. You could feel it in the air. My wife and I left that game as wired as we've ever been after an Arkansas football game. The energy was palpable.

Kennedy sent that one helmet spinning back a full ten yards from the hit right in front of me.  And then later when he earholed that guy on Kentucky's last drive...

Seebs

So some of you have taken to HDN revisionist history? Why is this great man unhireable? 

Dolts.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

TebowHater

Now HDN is going on about them boys need to sing the fight song more.  It's odd....it's like he's stuck in a time loop...but he's still all hog. 

Man, that freaking passion is refreshing. He got so fired up about our fight song - went through line by line, hilarious.

There is literally no way CBB has ever been this passionate about anything. No wonder his players outperformed - he has me ready to go play right now.

Piggiebacker

ronmahony

Quote from: tusked on September 15, 2017, 06:17:11 pm
As AD can you imagine 'the monkey with a whistle' TM and his circle of trust with all the mens and womens head coaches and him freezing out one coach over another because one doesn't want to kiss is arse.

Something about hootie and having the checkbook to $100M that makes me blackout and faint.

Exactly.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Sivad

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 15, 2017, 08:23:44 pm
That guy went 2-10 his last year at ole miss.
And run out of town just ahead of the lynch mob, same as at Arkansas.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 15, 2017, 03:34:14 pm
Could we hire him- not as coach god no- but just to be a lunatic that runs the sidelines carrying a flag, leads the band occasionally, flirts with the cheerleaders on the field, magic tricks, occasional pre game pep talks, sentimental stories about his days with paw paw, etc. He could also join the coaches during post game or call in shows to add background noise and sound effects (i.e., commentary). Kind of like a mascot minus the foam suit.

Ice cold Dr Pepper here!!!
Hogs up! Covid down!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 15, 2017, 02:27:23 pm
Thank you for breaking that down for me.  I thought I might be witnessing a coup on 103.7.  It still seems odd with how Nutt was blasted out of town that his reputation and repaired enough that callers want to hear what he has to say. 

I think you're right, Nutt was a good motivator but that was the only trick in his bag.  Still, after TCU, a little bit of Houston acts like a tonic. hahaha

Poor bastard never caught a break with Kentucky or Vandy. We played teach of their top 4 teams, from the past 20 years, during Nuttz tenure. It was really odd...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Man, Nutt got my hyped! damn. He really is better than Fatty.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WorfHog

September 15, 2017, 10:10:24 pm #96 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:20:46 pm by WorfHog
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 15, 2017, 10:01:38 pm
Man, Nutt got my hyped! damn. He really is better than Fatty.

A good used car salesman will get you excited for a 2010 Altima with 150k miles, but that doesn't mean you should buy it.

EastexHawg

Some of us spent five years trying to convince everyone that Nutt was holding the program back and that we could do much better.  Petrino proved we were right.  Now, just a few years later we actually have people thinking it might not be so bad to bring the fake limping loser with the IQ of a coffee table back?

AYSM?

Ironhawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 15, 2017, 10:15:46 pm
Some of us spent five years trying to convince everyone that Nutt was holding the program back and that we could do much better.  Petrino proved we were right.  Now, just a few years later we actually have people thinking it might not be so bad to bring the fake limping loser with the IQ of a coffee table back?

AYSM?

Why do you have to go insulting coffee tables?  They're much smarter than Hootie Dale.

Rayzback

September 15, 2017, 10:37:21 pm #99 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:47:53 pm by Rayzback
Quote from: EastexHawg on September 15, 2017, 10:15:46 pm
Now, just a few years later we actually have people thinking it might not be so bad to bring the fake limping loser with the IQ of a coffee
AYSM?

I think a decade later, you can feel safe now :).  Colossians 3:13
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin