Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's not do the whole Chicken Little bit tonite Hogville

Started by razorback1829, February 20, 2018, 11:54:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorback1829

We'll have better second halves. Took this one on the chin. We'll be just fine though. Bring on Bama!

MikePiazza

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 20, 2018, 11:54:13 pm
We'll have better second halves. Took this one on the chin. We'll be just fine though. Bring on Bama!

You haven't met Jump Ball posters. That's all they know.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

hobhog

rude1

Staring down the barrel of a NIT bid, let's stay positive!!!!

MikePiazza

Hilarious that fans think losing to Kentucky means they're headed for the NIT.

When did Kentucky turn into losing to Georgia?

rude1

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 12:05:28 am

Yeah or losing twice to LSU!!!! Over reaction, we are really good!!!

razorback1829

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 12:05:28 am

Just shows their ignorance lol.

razorback1829

Quote from: rude1 on February 21, 2018, 12:10:18 am
Yeah or losing twice to LSU!!!! Over reaction, we are really good!!!

SEC is a bloodbath this year. It's actually like that all over the country. LSU isn't the worst team. Show me you have more understanding please.. it's just sad. The ignorance of this sport that is on this board smh

rude1

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 12:12:20 am
SEC is a bloodbath this year. It's actually like that all over the country. LSU isn't the worst team. Show me you have more understanding please.. it's just sad. The ignorance of this sport that is on this board smh
Who said they were the worst team? They are 16-11, with two of those wins against us, yeah I can see why we can't expect to beat such a good team at home or away!!!!!

peevedpaul

Quote from: rude1 on February 21, 2018, 12:03:48 am
Staring down the barrel of a NIT bid, let's stay positive!!!!

If we go to the NIT, I'll lose all faith in the process, and CMA!

urkillnmesmalls

We could win out from here, and go to the sweet sixteen.  It still doesn't eliminate the fact that KY came into BWA and punked us...AGAIN.  6 in a row and counting versus those guys, and at some point...if MA wants to continue to grow the program, he has to win big games like that. 

We stayed under the porch tonight... :( 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 12:12:20 am

We lost to LSU because we cannot contain a solid PG.  It's our kryptonite.  Even the analysts have stated that...we aren't good at defending off the dribble.  So....tonight we were the quicker team, but we STILL didn't move our feet and stay in front of the dribbler, even on the screen switches.  Man...I just am not seeing what you "experts" claim to be seeing. 

So are you saying we lost to KY because they're a bad matchup for us, because they are too tall and long?  Because I'd tend to agree with that on some level, but to start the game...we were putting effort into rebounding, and at least playing some defense.  Later...that all went poof.   

Hey...I get it, every now and then you lay an egg.  But with what was at stake...that was a big one.  With a few minutes left...I just felt like the best word to describe it was...we got punked.  Shoved around.  Disheartened.  Deflated and defeated. 

I guess I expected too much.  I thought we would rise up and take control of the situation.  Seemed to start that way, but couldn't sustain it.  Hopefully it's a blip on the radar, and we'll come back strong and finish well.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

razorback1829

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 21, 2018, 12:38:31 am
We lost to LSU because we cannot contain a solid PG.  It's our kryptonite.  Even the analysts have stated that...we aren't good at defending off the dribble.  So....tonight we were the quicker team, but we STILL didn't move our feet and stay in front of the dribbler, even on the screen switches.  Man...I just am not seeing what you "experts" claim to be seeing. 

So are you saying we lost to KY because they're a bad matchup for us, because they are too tall and long?  Because I'd tend to agree with that on some level, but to start the game...we were putting effort into rebounding, and at least playing some defense.  Later...that all went poof.   

Hey...I get it, every now and then you lay an egg.  But with what was at stake...that was a big one.  With a few minutes left...I just felt like the best word to describe it was...we got punked.  Shoved around.  Disheartened.  Deflated and defeated. 

I guess I expected too much.  I thought we would rise up and take control of the situation.  Seemed to start that way, but couldn't sustain it.  Hopefully it's a blip on the radar, and we'll come back strong and finish well.   

Just had a bad second half. Every game is different. We are more than capable of playing better and closing. Was just one of those nights. Look around. It's like that everywhere.

3kgthog

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 01:56:44 am
Just had a bad second half. Every game is different. We are more than capable of playing better and closing. Was just one of those nights. Look around. It's like that everywhere.

The difference is that most of those coaches adjust. Look at how many "one of those nights" games this Mike coached team has had this year. Same formula in all of those blowout losses.

razorback1829

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 21, 2018, 03:45:21 am
The difference is that most of those coaches adjust. Look at how many "one of those nights" games this Mike coached team has had this year. Same formula in all of those blowout losses.

All I see is 19-9, 8-7 in SEC. you show you don't know anything about basketball when you bitch about style points. An L is an L. Whether by 1 or 30. But let's just pretend  Mike doesn't make adjustments (which just isn't true). Last time I checked, EVERYBODY has lost games this year. But bitch away to fit your agenda I guess.

hulk hog

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 08:27:23 am
All I see is 19-9, 8-7 in SEC. you show you don't know anything about basketball when you bitch about style points. An L is an L. Whether by 1 or 30. But let's just pretend  Mike doesn't make adjustments (which just isn't true). Last time I checked, EVERYBODY has lost games this year. But bitch away to fit your agenda I guess.

Yes it's true everyone has losses. My frustration is we had a real chance to get a quality win against the watermark team in the conference, at home, in front of a capacity crowd and got a second half beat down. Now it sets up some must wins or it jeopardizes our NCAA bid. Not what was expected in year 7, with a senior heavy team, or based on where we were heading into conference play.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

razorback1829

Quote from: hulk hog on February 21, 2018, 09:40:27 am
Yes it's true everyone has losses. My frustration is we had a real chance to get a quality win against the watermark team in the conference, at home, in front of a capacity crowd and got a second half beat down. Now it sets up some must wins or it jeopardizes our NCAA bid. Not what was expected in year 7, with a senior heavy team, or based on where we were heading into conference play.

We are gonna be in the tournament. All I see is people freaking out over a loss, like we've just been gettin our ass handed to us all year. Just not true. 3 out of 4 years in the NCAA tournament after having minimal appearances the prior 15 years? We're trending toward the right direction. You just want to be in the tournament to have a chance to strike. And we are there. So all of this whining and crying is moot.

AirWarren

RazorWest

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 10:11:19 am
We are gonna be in the tournament. All I see is people freaking out over a loss, like we've just been gettin our ass handed to us all year. Just not true. 3 out of 4 years in the NCAA tournament after having minimal appearances the prior 15 years? We're trending toward the right direction. You just want to be in the tournament to have a chance to strike. And we are there. So all of this whining and crying is moot.

Bottom line for me is that this senior heavy team should be a lock for the NCAA tournament.  Not still having to do work at the end against some of the better teams in the SEC. 

razorback1829

Quote from: RazorWest on February 21, 2018, 10:30:15 am
Bottom line for me is that this senior heavy team should be a lock for the NCAA tournament.  Not still having to do work at the end against some of the better teams in the SEC.

Well there's a reason you're on HV instead of an expert huh? Lol

razorback1829

Quote from: AP85 on February 21, 2018, 10:24:19 am
19-9!!!! Chicken little chicken little!!!!!

LMAO it's insanity at its finest! Wish we could have constructive basketball conversations but NOPE!

HF#1

I'm not sure why anyone would be upset. It was a typical Arkansas loss. When we lose, that is how we lose. Bad shot selection, lack of rebounding, and one on one basketball.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jst01

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 10:32:43 am
LMAO it's insanity at its finest! Wish we could have constructive basketball conversations but NOPE!

It has all been discussed at length. Nothing more to say.  Whichever side you are on (Love Mike, Hate Mike), both sides will get the answer in a couple weeks.  If Mike makes the tourney, he will probably get 2019 & 2020 to make a run with that class.  If Mike misses the tourney this year, I predict he gets fired after next season when they miss the tourney again. 

Its been MANY years of just barely being relevant so a few more years of being decent isn't going to help or harm the program any more than it already has.

razorback1829

Quote from: HF#1 on February 21, 2018, 10:34:25 am
I'm not sure why anyone would be upset. It was a typical Arkansas loss. When we lose, that is how we lose. Bad shot selection, lack of rebounding, and one on one basketball.

Nope we should be undefeated!

razorback1829

Quote from: jst01 on February 21, 2018, 10:36:46 am
It has all been discussed at length. Nothing more to say.  Whichever side you are on (Love Mike, Hate Mike), both sides will get the answer in a couple weeks.  If Mike makes the tourney, he will probably get 2019 & 2020 to make a run with that class.  If Mike misses the tourney this year, I predict he gets fired after next season when they miss the tourney again. 

Its been MANY years of just barely being relevant so a few more years of being decent isn't going to help or harm the program any more than it already has.

We're 19-9 closing in on our tourney appearance in 3 out of 4 years. And y'all want to come on here with the gloom and doom. Hahaha. A lot of y'all aren't as smart as you think you are. I'll just leave it at that.

cityhog

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 10:39:32 am
We're 19-9 closing in on our tourney appearance in 3 out of 4 years. And y'all want to come on here with the gloom and doom. Hahaha. A lot of y'all aren't as smart as you think you are. I'll just leave it at that.

Don't count your chickens. 19-12 is a very real possibility heading into the SECT.

RazorWest

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 10:31:28 am
Well there's a reason you're on HV instead of an expert huh? Lol

Never claimed to be an expert, just giving my opinion just like you.  Why I said "for me" at the beginning.  Please continue with your childish crusade though

AirWarren

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 10:32:43 am

28-0 or bust in Arkansas!!!!!!!

razorback1829

Quote from: cityhog on February 21, 2018, 10:45:01 am
Don't count your chickens. 19-12 is a very real possibility heading into the SECT.

You don't count well. What is our record right now again? Could be means nothing. That's why the games are played. So 19-9 is our record.

razorback1829

Quote from: RazorWest on February 21, 2018, 10:50:41 am
Never claimed to be an expert, just giving my opinion just like you.  Why I said "for me" at the beginning.  Please continue with your childish crusade though

Yea. That's what I thought.

yocdaddy

We've won 7 of 9 and are only 8-7 in the league.  We have to win one more game to get to .500 in the conference which historically is significant for at large births.  Only a few teams in history have gotten at large births with a conference record below .500.  We play at Alabama, which is currently ranked higher in the NCAA bracketology.  We have Auburn at home, which is currently sitting on a 2-seed line according to most projections.  We play at Mizzou, which is currently ranked higher in the NCAA bracketology.  There are zero guarantees for another win prior to the SEC tournament.

Scenario #1: If we lose out to end the season, we'll have to win at least 2 games in the SEC tournament to have a chance at an at large bid.  Especially with the way that Oklahoma has struggled and may miss the tournament now.  They were our best win. 

Scenario #2: We win at home against Auburn, finishing 1-2.  We are at 9-9 before the tournament with all of our better conference wins at home, which means a first round loss in the SEC could haunt us on selection Sunday. 

Scenario #3: We win one road game and the Auburn game at home, which puts us at 10-8 and solidly in the field of 68.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HF#1 on February 21, 2018, 10:34:25 am

EVERY loss is cuz a team doesn't execute in some way or another. It's very rare for a team to play great and still lose. So the "typical loss" applies to every team that loses across the nation. There's always a reason so I'm dumdfounded why our losses are "typical" to you since every team has a weakness and their losses are due to those weaknesses. Every loss is "typical".
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

porkinsons disease

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 11:19:30 am
EVERY loss is cuz a team doesn't execute in some way or another. It's very rare for a team to play great and still lose. So the "typical loss" applies to every team that loses across the nation. There's always a reason so I'm dumdfounded why our losses are "typical" to you since every team has a weakness and their losses are due to those weaknesses. Every loss is "typical".
So what are our weaknesses in your eyes? How do we fix these weaknesses? Can Mike fix these weaknesses? if so, why haven't they already been addressed? Will the next class fix the weaknesses? or the next year?
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

raz1965

Kentucky played a good game, have great talent . The Razorbacks were shocked by Kentucky's toughness an did not respond well. It was one game against a good team. The Razorbacks  still have a good shot at the tourney an likely learned some things from Kentucky. Woo Pig. GO Hogs

razorback1829

Quote from: raz1965 on February 21, 2018, 11:53:59 am
Kentucky played a good game, have great talent . The Razorbacks were shocked by Kentucky's toughness an did not respond well. It was one game against a good team. The Razorbacks  still have a good shot at the tourney an likely learned some things from Kentucky. Woo Pig. GO Hogs

That's how I feel. We peetered out in that second half. Next game will be different. We won't help them find their rhythm.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: raz1965 link=topic. =657485.msg11395285#msg11395285 date=1519235639
I agree with the first part. I'm not even mad about losing to a more talented team. I expected a loss, but not us laying down at the end. I think that we have learned nothing; we will play the same fundamentally flawed defense as well as one-on-one offense and hope our guards are hot while the other team misses all the open looks they are given. It's our "system" unfortunately
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

HF#1

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 21, 2018, 11:19:30 am

My point is, we rarely learn from our losses. We make the same mistakes over and over, but when we win we make less of them.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

MikePiazza

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 21, 2018, 11:03:23 am
We've won 7 of 9 and are only 8-7 in the league.  We have to win one more game to get to .500 in the conference which historically is significant for at large births.  Only a few teams in history have gotten at large births with a conference record below .500.  We play at Alabama, which is currently ranked higher in the NCAA bracketology.  We have Auburn at home, which is currently sitting on a 2-seed line according to most projections.  We play at Mizzou, which is currently ranked higher in the NCAA bracketology.  There are zero guarantees for another win prior to the SEC tournament.

Scenario #1: If we lose out to end the season, we'll have to win at least 2 games in the SEC tournament to have a chance at an at large bid.  Especially with the way that Oklahoma has struggled and may miss the tournament now.  They were our best win. 

Scenario #2: We win at home against Auburn, finishing 1-2.  We are at 9-9 before the tournament with all of our better conference wins at home, which means a first round loss in the SEC could haunt us on selection Sunday. 

Scenario #3: We win one road game and the Auburn game at home, which puts us at 10-8 and solidly in the field of 68.

Conference record is meaningless to the committee. Vandy had 15 losses last year and got a 9 seed. Went 10-8 in a weaker SEC.

Obviously you need to win enough to warrant at-large consideration but being 9-9 in the league isn't going to cost them a bid.

hawganatic

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 11:00:51 am
You don't count well. What is our record right now again? Could be means nothing. That's why the games are played. So 19-9 is our record.

You keep saying 19-9 like it's a good record.  When you put it in the context of starting 11-2, it's not a good record at all.

Even outside of that, the bottom line is good teams don't get blown out at home like we did last night, especially to a below average team like KY (at least by their standards).  Losing is one thing.  Every team drops games.  It's the getting blown out part, at home, which has happened twice this year.  You can ramble on about "style points" all you want, but that just doesn't happen to good teams.

You seem good with being middle of the line and getting in on the back end of the tournament every year.  That's fine if you are happy with that.  But at least stop with the childish insults and putdowns for the people that want more out of the program.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawganatic on February 21, 2018, 12:58:27 pm

You seem good with being middle of the line and getting in on the back end of the tournament every year.  That's fine if you are happy with that. 

They are happy with that as long as Mike is the coach. If it was any other current d1 coach they would want him fired.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorback1829

Quote from: hawganatic on February 21, 2018, 12:58:27 pm
You keep saying 19-9 like it's a good record.  When you put it in the context of starting 11-2, it's not a good record at all.

Even outside of that, the bottom line is good teams don't get blown out at home like we did last night, especially to a below average team like KY (at least by their standards).  Losing is one thing.  Every team drops games.  It's the getting blown out part, at home, which has happened twice this year.  You can ramble on about "style points" all you want, but that just doesn't happen to good teams.

You seem good with being middle of the line and getting in on the back end of the tournament every year.  That's fine if you are happy with that.  But at least stop with the childish insults and putdowns for the people that want more out of the program.

Lol yea I'm fine with being in the tournament 3 out of 4 years. For sure. Not like anything was happening before this. 19-9 is a good record, esp in a year where there is no dominant team in the country. Everybody has weaknesses, holes, and can be beat. But yea.. you're the expert. Lol right. Keep bitchin about style points. Proves your ignorance. Glad you're not on any sideline lmao.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 01:35:28 pm
They are happy with that as long as Mike is the coach. If it was any other current d1 coach they would want him fired.

I want him fired and you to replace him. Guarantee you'd go 9-22 every year.

hawganatic

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 01:46:37 pm
Lol yea I'm fine with being in the tournament 3 out of 4 years. For sure. Not like anything was happening before this. 19-9 is a good record, esp in a year where there is no dominant team in the country. Everybody has weaknesses, holes, and can be beat. But yea.. you're the expert. Lol right. Keep bitchin about style points. Proves your ignorance. Glad you're not on any sideline lmao.

Appears you overlooked the part in my post about the childish insults so let me give this a try.

Oh you must be an expert lol...  You must be an expert on mediocrity lmao...  You're too dumb to understand the difference between style points and indicators Ha Ha.  Glad you aren't our coach lmao....

See how childish you sound right now?

yocdaddy

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 12:33:20 pm
Conference record is meaningless to the committee. Vandy had 15 losses last year and got a 9 seed. Went 10-8 in a weaker SEC.

Obviously you need to win enough to warrant at-large consideration but being 9-9 in the league isn't going to cost them a bid.
Historically, conference record is very important.  Go back the last 20 years and see how many teams have made the tournament with a losing conference record.  There are very few.  We get in at 9-9 most likely unless we lose first round of SEC tournament badly.  If we are 8-10 in the league, we'll have to win 2 SEC tournament games to get in. 
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

MikePiazza

Quote from: yocdaddy on February 21, 2018, 08:23:46 pm
Historically, conference record is very important.  Go back the last 20 years and see how many teams have made the tournament with a losing conference record.  There are very few.  We get in at 9-9 most likely unless we lose first round of SEC tournament badly.  If we are 8-10 in the league, we'll have to win 2 SEC tournament games to get in.

We'll see.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 21, 2018, 10:11:19 am

You're typing as if it's a given.  Last night Lunardi was on ESPN, and was saying that he felt like the SEC felt more like a 7 team conference, and ARKANSAS would be the first one to be left out. 

I keep seeing that perception doesn't matter.  Well...guess what?  They all said we're BAD on the road, and that we're trending down.  I sat there thinking..."Uh, we just won four in a row, and lost one to KY....and now we're trending down..after ONE loss?" 

And the answer is...YES.  Because that's the PERCEPTION after you get killed by KY and finish the game with a whimper, standing around watching them shoot layups. 

I'm sorry gang...but at SOME point, we have to rise up and win this type of game if the program is to ever reach where it was in the early-mid nineties, and I don't care WHO the coach is. 

razorback1829

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 23, 2018, 07:20:39 am
You're typing as if it's a given.  Last night Lunardi was on ESPN, and was saying that he felt like the SEC felt more like a 7 team conference, and ARKANSAS would be the first one to be left out. 

I keep seeing that perception doesn't matter.  Well...guess what?  They all said we're BAD on the road, and that we're trending down.  I sat there thinking..."Uh, we just won four in a row, and lost one to KY....and now we're trending down..after ONE loss?" 

And the answer is...YES.  Because that's the PERCEPTION after you get killed by KY and finish the game with a whimper, standing around watching them shoot layups. 

I'm sorry gang...but at SOME point, we have to rise up and win this type of game if the program is to ever reach where it was in the early-mid nineties, and I don't care WHO the coach is.

We lost to uk. It happens.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 23, 2018, 07:41:56 am
We lost to uk. It happens.

I know....6 times in a row.  We have a decent basketball team, and when they play hard, they can compete with anyone.  We're lacking a hard nosed competitive PG who has answers when things aren't going well. 

Most people are saying we need 1 win out of the next three, and they THINK we'll be in, but we need two more total...even if that means the first game in the SECT. 

What are you going to say if we lose the next three or four?  "Well...we lost our last four games....it happens." 

razorback1829

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on February 23, 2018, 11:56:34 pm
I know....6 times in a row.  We have a decent basketball team, and when they play hard, they can compete with anyone.  We're lacking a hard nosed competitive PG who has answers when things aren't going well. 

Most people are saying we need 1 win out of the next three, and they THINK we'll be in, but we need two more total...even if that means the first game in the SECT. 

What are you going to say if we lose the next three or four?  "Well...we lost our last four games....it happens."

If "if" was fifth my man, we'd all be drunk. Its like people get so worked up over things that DONT happen. Then what? I tell you this, we make the Tourney before we don't. I would bet money on it. Would you?

jkstock04

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 20, 2018, 11:54:13 pm
Kiss of death statement.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys