Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Mississippi State game thread

Started by hogfan13, January 07, 2006, 05:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazrHog4Life

anyone watching the jacksonville game on the other channel? apparently matt has one catch for 8 yards

Boarcephus

Not trying to pull a Rick Schaffer here but the hogs have played well the second half most all of the year.  They've made some shots they should not have and we've done just the opposite.  I still expect us to waltz out of Starkville with a win, it may not be by 20 but I still feel pretty good.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PorcineSublime

A few points
1. Can Eric Ferguson ever take a shot with one of our guys under the basket, or is it pre requisite that he jacks up a three while the rest of the teams is coming off defense at half court?

2. If someone could educate me about this zone defense that has our post man guarding a guard thirty feet away fron the basket, I would greatly appreciate it. Both Hill and Townes have been out on a guard pst the three point circle while Modica is inside guarding the center.

3. Will we ever have an inside scorer other than our guards? Townes missing badly on a five footer, Hill is actually looking better offensively, but just barely.

OK now that is out of my system, I can say lets kick butt inthe second half and win this damn thing. Maybe the rum and Coke thing was not such a good idea. OR maybe I should just stop at one. ;)
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

hogfankb

I was talking about the season. And no i wouldn't expect you boast about wins. It seems like it might be a little tough for you to say anything positive.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: RazrHog4Life on January 07, 2006, 08:03:02 pm
anyone watching the jacksonville game on the other channel? apparently matt has one catch for 8 yards

I've been watching some of it on breaks.  Looks like a defensive game so far.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Sonofahog

Please fox, do not show any more tennessee cheerleaders and fat phil
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

stevenglennn

i hope Stan us using some "colorfull metaphores" with his team at halftime......sort of sounded like effort was lacking, but that is hard to tell listening to the game
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

Tomhog™

Quote from: hogfankb on January 07, 2006, 08:01:29 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on January 07, 2006, 07:59:46 pm
IF they can intensify their pressure and create transition buckets, we can still win. Without transition baskets, we are dead in the water. There has been very few times that we've gone on a run with just perimeter shooting. In fact, I really can't think of any...

We do need transition buckets but we can't get so out of position trying to get them that we give up threes.

Absolutely.  That's where experience is SUPPOSED to play a part.  I think experience has gone out the window this first half.  Let's hope Heath and Hipsher can settle the boys down and play their game.  Though we do have to hope that MSU doesn't stay on fire from 3 range...

BigHog396

Quote from: msudawgs64 on January 07, 2006, 07:57:57 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on January 07, 2006, 07:55:09 pm
Quote from: msudawgs64 on January 07, 2006, 07:43:37 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on January 07, 2006, 07:40:07 pm
Seems the reffing is heavily favoring MSU

8 fouls to 6 fouls don't sound that heavy..sounds like they are letting them play but then again I am only listening to it and relying on stats only. Can't see what is going on.

It wasn't so much what was being called on Arkansas as what wasn't being called on MSU.

ah ok, that is why I referenced the fact that I can only listen to it, without watching the game, I cannot see what is going. Not unusual though, home teams in the SEC get that advantage, I hate it sure, I would rather them call the game correctly.
Hold up, tell me one time we have ever seen any sort of home court advantage from the officials in BWA.

This is the typical officiating in the hump.  Anyone that expected anything other than what we have seen so far from the refs was fooling themselves.  Not making excuses.  I have said all along that this team would show up like they did last year for SEC play.  I'll reserve judgement for a little longer, but from what I have seen so far it is going to be another long SEC season.

Zen_Hog

THey have thrown the ball to Matt Jones twice I believe. One he caught, the other was low

ghog23

Since its halftime, Did MM actually come out and commit to the hogs today?
GHOG23

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Hums

I hope we come back and win but it looks like a we are playing like last year: Cant make shots, have trouble scoring against a zone. It boils down to not having the players. People talk about how good our recruiting has been but we have marginal talent. It should improve greatly next year with Ervin at pt and Weems to take some of the scoring pressure of Brewer.

2nd Half is starting, go Hogs!

Zen_Hog

ballhog™

Maybe I should get some rum and coke for the second half.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

stevenglennn

Nope, MM comitted to Arkansas Tech saying, "I love the name Wonderboys."
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

hogfankb

GREAT START! Modica is looking like the player of old these last few games. I was affraid townes would pull his normal disappearing act in SEC play. Unfortunately it is worse. They see him and pass him the ball he just can't even hit the backboard with it

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ballhog on January 07, 2006, 08:07:32 pm
Maybe I should get some rum and coke for the second half.

You're late.  Amateur....;)

msudawgs64

yeah, Modica in the game is not good for us, he is our achilles heel even when we have won games against the Hogs, he always steps up.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

hogfankb

WHY WILL TOWNES NOT GO TO THE HIGH POST!

horrible transition D

Zen_Hog

Boarcephus

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

HeathHateMe

A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Fletch

I feel like $100

Boarcephus

hogfankb

ballhog™

msudawgs64

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

stevenglennn

hogfankb

Boarcephus

Thomas to the line, game tied, 14:37 left.  Modica has 20

Zen_Hog

We'll miss Modica next year when we make our run to the Final Four

msudawgs64

Jack Cristil (our announcer) said that if Modica were to play us every time he would lead the nation in scoring at some point. LOL..I tend to agree with that assessment.

hogfankb

Our depth will hurt a lot of teams this year in the second half. The fact that we can play 10 different players will give us an advantage in fresh legs in the second half of a lot of gmaes.

arkfanchip

studhog

"It appears that tickets are mailed with the social security checks." - Pigpenner

hogfankb

msudawgs64

we have to work on free throw shooting, geezus..

hogfankb

hogfankb

hey msudawg. you recognize these refs from around campus?

GrizzledHogFan

GrizzledHogFan

hogfan13

msudawgs64

Quote from: hogfankb on January 07, 2006, 08:25:42 pm
hey msudawg. you recognize these refs from around campus?

not watching the game, listening to it on the internet.

hogfankb