Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you grill/Smoke this week???

Started by BR, July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

Man that looks awesome. What did you cook it on?
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

kibster

Chicken piri piri
Grilled peaches with White River Creamery fromage blanc and local honey
Grilled romaine with Parmesan and homemade citrus Caesar vinaigrette
Sauteed squash and onion.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

cosmodrum

Quote from: PharmacistHog on August 05, 2014, 02:59:38 pm
Man that looks awesome. What did you cook it on?

Chargriller offset. Stick, basically.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: kibster on August 06, 2014, 11:37:35 pm

Chicken piri piri
Grilled peaches with White River Creamery fromage blanc and local honey
Grilled romaine with Parmesan and homemade citrus Caesar vinaigrette
Sauteed squash and onion.

That looks really good. I noticed you said you sautéed the squash/onion...do you have a grill skillet with the holes? I love doing veggies in it. Easy and delicious.
Go away, batin'

kibster

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 06, 2014, 11:56:07 pm
That looks really good. I noticed you said you sautéed the squash/onion...do you have a grill skillet with the holes? I love doing veggies in it. Easy and delicious.

Yeah, I have a couple, the one I usually use is a wire mesh.

Didn't use it tonight for a couple of reasons. a) wife wanted something not grilled; and b) was using the small grill and didn't really have the room. 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

cosmodrum

Quote from: kibster on August 07, 2014, 12:01:36 am
Yeah, I have a couple, the one I usually use is a wire mesh.

Didn't use it tonight for a couple of reasons. a) wife wanted something not grilled; and b) was using the small grill and didn't really have the room. 

Gotcha
Go away, batin'

BR

Fixin to due some Beer Can Chicken today... Maybe some ABT's also
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

kibster

Grilling burgers and okra. Never grilled okra. Have some so I thought, why not!

BR

Well please enjoy some virtual Beer Can Chicken, beans, sweet corn,  bacon wrapped sweet banana peppers and bacon wrapped asparagus... There is plenty

DeltaBoy

Chicken and some pork chops on the gas this time.  I also used some small pecan twigs to give it some nice smoke.  The Garage still smelled good this morning.  We severed it with bell Peppers and onions cooked in the cast iron skillet with Balsamic Vinegar.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

DeltaBoy

Ribeye steaks today .mashed potatoes and grilled vel peppers.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Labor Day 5 pounds of Chicken breast and a pound of sirloin burgers.

pigture perfect

Country pork ribs. I know you're jealous now.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Tim Harris

It is cold mother out here but some nights you just need a steak.

LSUFan

I hear tell Pharm Hog grilled some oysters after Christmas.

Make 'em drool Dawg!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Boarcephus

Quote from: LSUFan on January 04, 2015, 07:21:56 pm
I hear tell Pharm Hog grilled some oysters after Christmas.

Make 'em drool Dawg!

I grilled 4 dozen of those little mothers Christmas Eve.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

LSUFan

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 04, 2015, 08:16:01 pm
I grilled 4 dozen of those little mothers Christmas Eve.
Talk more dirty to me!

Boarcephus

Quote from: LSUFan on January 04, 2015, 08:26:40 pm
Talk more dirty to me!

Man, I'd never shucked and oyster in my life till that night but now I'm an oyster shucking mother!  Fired up the egg, shucked them and covered them with a garlic butter, bacon bits, green onions and parmesan cheese and threw them on the egg.  Plan on doing this again, soon.  Just wish I had access to good oysters at a halfway reasonable price.  Gave a dollar a piece for the ones we bought and felt like we got a decent deal in nw Arkansas.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 04, 2015, 09:06:42 pm
Man, I'd never shucked and oyster in my life till that night but now I'm an oyster shucking mother!  Fired up the egg, shucked them and covered them with a garlic butter, bacon bits, green onions and parmesan cheese and threw them on the egg.  Plan on doing this again, soon.  Just wish I had access to good oysters at a halfway reasonable price.  Gave a dollar a piece for the ones we bought and felt like we got a decent deal in nw Arkansas.

You had me hot and wanting more until you started talking money  :(

That's what I like about the Asian massage parlors. Don't talk money. Just throw your $180 on the table when you walk in and enjoy  ;)

Boarcephus

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 04, 2015, 11:10:28 pm
You had me hot and wanting more until you started talking money  :(

That's what I like about the Asian massage parlors. Don't talk money. Just throw your $180 on the table when you walk in and enjoy  ;)

LOL!!   Know what you mean.  What's interesting is $12 a dozen is less than I paid for a dozen on half shell in Destin in May of last year and the baked ones are around $20-25 a dozen.  Someone said FM had them for 89 cents each over the weekend so may have to try them.

BR

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 05, 2015, 08:37:58 am
LOL!!   Know what you mean.  What's interesting is $12 a dozen is less than I paid for a dozen on half shell in Destin in May of last year and the baked ones are around $20-25 a dozen.  Someone said FM had them for 89 cents each over the weekend so may have to try them.
You are hooked now on them...

Boarcephus

Quote from: BR on January 05, 2015, 08:43:08 am
You are hooked now on them...

Been hooked on them, just needed a place to get them.  I was tickled to death with the freshness and size of the ones we got at Hy-Vees.  Guess I'll have to explore nw Ark and see what I can come up with because it's a 275 mile round trip to Springfield

LSUFan

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 05, 2015, 09:06:54 am
Been hooked on them, just needed a place to get them.  I was tickled to death with the freshness and size of the ones we got at Hy-Vees.  Guess I'll have to explore nw Ark and see what I can come up with because it's a 275 mile round trip to Springfield
Dang, wish you were closer to Central Arkansas, my boys will be headed back up this weekend.
I can hook a brotha up on a boat sack for about $25 (about 4 dozen) and they are good and salty this time of year.

cosmodrum

Quote from: LSUFan on January 05, 2015, 03:05:58 pm
Dang, wish you were closer to Central Arkansas, my boys will be headed back up this weekend.
I can hook a brotha up on a boat sack for about $25 (about 4 dozen) and they are good and salty this time of year.

So, I live in central Arkansas...
Go away, batin'

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Boarcephus

Quote from: LSUFan on January 05, 2015, 03:05:58 pm

If I did I'd take you up on it.  Said many times I don't want to live in Louisiana but man I wish I had access to the food you can get down there.

Talked to Fresh Market today and they get theirs in on Tuesdays and Fridays.  Not sure where they come from but the lady who can answer that was out but will be in tomorrow.  I'd guess oysters are basically oysters aren't they??  Would they ship fresh ones in from the east or west coast?

LSUFan

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 05, 2015, 06:06:28 pm
Me too!
Greedy turd! I'll trade you one of them cookies for one of these oysters :) jk

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 05, 2015, 04:31:06 pm
So, I live in central Arkansas...

Let me know if y'all want some, I'll send some with them.

PharmacistHog

LSU is a man of his word. That dude hooked me up with some good food before christmas. And no it wasnt corndogs.
Millennials suck...

LSUFan

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 05, 2015, 06:24:49 pm
I'd guess oysters are basically oysters aren't they??  Would they ship fresh ones in from the east or west coast?
I has the sadz for you :(

There's an oyster bar in the Newark airport that gets about 27 different kinds flown in from around the world every day.

The BEST flavored ones are the ones from the South Carolina region of the Atlantic.

Good and clean with a good nutty flavor to them.

For some reason, the oysters in the Mississippi River Basin grow twice as fast as the same oysters in other regions of the gulf.

LSUFan

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 05, 2015, 07:01:06 pm
LSU is a man of his word. That dude hooked me up with some good food before christmas. And no it wasnt corndogs.
What'd you wind up doing with the Flounder and Redfish?

Did you cut the red strrip out of the redfish? I forgot to tell you that.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: LSUFan on January 05, 2015, 07:06:45 pm
What'd you wind up doing with the Flounder and Redfish?

Did you cut the red strrip out of the redfish? I forgot to tell you that.

I just filet'd them and left skin on. Cut dark red out of them. Just threw em on egg scales down and let em cook. Thats some good stuff. My wife flipped out over the oysters. I froze the flounder. Will cook it next week. Probably gonna fry it.
Millennials suck...

LSUFan

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 05, 2015, 07:19:09 pm
I just filet'd them and left skin on. Cut dark red out of them. Just threw em on egg scales down and let em cook. Thats some good stuff. My wife flipped out over the oysters. I froze the flounder. Will cook it next week. Probably gonna fry it.
Fried is my favorite, it's like crappie, only better.

The absolute best fish I have ever tasted is the Queen Trigger Fish.

Boarcephus

Quote from: LSUFan on January 05, 2015, 07:21:47 pm

The absolute best fish I have ever tasted is the Queen Trigger Fish.

Not sure what the difference is between Trigger fish and Queen Trigger fish but Trigger fish is our favorite when we go to Florida and it's on the menu.   Either that or Grouper and we're happy as hell. 

Last time I tried to blacken a fish I didn't realize the smoke alarm was connected to the security system when the system was unarmed.  House was smoky as hell, had the doors open, fans on and the thing had been going off and the phone rang.  Lady asked if all was all right, wanted our password and wanted to know if she needed to cancel the fire truck.  Think the next time I'll fire up the egg and throw a cast iron skillet on it and go about it that way.

Boarcephus

Fresh Market gets their oysters from Maine.   This time of year they get shipments twice a week and during the summer it goes to 3 times a week.  89 cents, sucks by LSUFan standards but for me, it's the best I can come up with!  ;)

LSUFan

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 06, 2015, 08:39:47 am
Fresh Market gets their oysters from Maine.   This time of year they get shipments twice a week and during the summer it goes to 3 times a week.  89 cents, sucks by LSUFan standards but for me, it's the best I can come up with!  ;)
You can't really put a price on heavenly goodness.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: LSUFan on January 06, 2015, 03:32:26 pm
You can't really put a price on heavenly goodness.

Sure you can. 25 bucks a sack.
Millennials suck...

Boarcephus

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 06, 2015, 06:52:00 pm
Sure you can. 25 bucks a sack.

Damn right and that $25 buys you 4 dozen Louisiana oysters!  I'm going to shell out close to $50 for 4 dozen Maine oysters but by golly I've got a job and I'm grilling these suckers Saturday.

SteveInArk

Or just go to the tourist areas in LA/MS and pay, on average, $1.33 a piece for them, LOL.  I only got that kind of money on vacation!

Enjoy them B'phus  ... I'm already missing our our trip last Fall to NOLA.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Boarcephus

Quote from: SteveInArk on January 07, 2015, 09:32:54 am
Or just go to the tourist areas in LA/MS and pay, on average, $1.33 a piece for them, LOL.  I only got that kind of money on vacation!

Enjoy them B'phus  ... I'm already missing our our trip last Fall to NOLA.

Got bad news......oysters did not come in.  The lady at FM will call when they do and hold as many as I want her to hold back next week.  Man, I love NW Ark but it sucks up here when it comes cajun food and fresh oysters and stuff. 

LSUFan

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 08, 2015, 06:58:11 pm
Got bad news......oysters did not come in.  The lady at FM will call when they do and hold as many as I want her to hold back next week.  Man, I love NW Ark but it sucks up here when it comes cajun food and fresh oysters and stuff.
Damn, that sucks man! Me and the boys went to Acme twice this weekend. Got raw, grilled, and threw in a few fried soft shell crabs for good measure.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Boarcephus

BR

Breakfast of Champions. Fried Taters, Sausage Gravy, bacon and cheesy eggs.. Good Eats
— at BR's Tiki Bar.

Boarcephus

Joe's Crab Shack ain't got nothing on us!  Ran out of room in the pot, putting in Andouille next.

cosmodrum

Cured bacon last week and smoked it this week.

Go away, batin'

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

cosmodrum

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 11, 2015, 04:02:08 pm
Where did you get the belly?

Richard's in Fayetteville. 3.49/lb. Love that place.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 11, 2015, 04:02:08 pm
Where did you get the belly?

Also - have you figured out when Shag is coming down?
Go away, batin'

PharmacistHog

Last he told me it was gonna be wednesday. I'm just gonna meet him in conway.
Millennials suck...