Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you grill/Smoke this week???

Started by BR, July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:32:16 pm by Joetown Parrothead

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Tim Harris

I put a brisket on early this morning and have some chicken thighs to add later this afternoon.

Tim Harris

Oh yeah. Also smoked some jalapeños for about an hour that went in to the salsa I'm canning today.

Slacker

I am re-heating the brisket I cooked yesterday for our guest that will be here in 1 hour. Also, bacon wrapped corn, baked beans, taters and onions.

HawgWild

A ribeye for me and a Steelhead trout filet for the Mrs.

hoosier

Stuffed myself on a friends bbq butt yesterday so I am Eating lite today. Have some chicken breasts marinating now. Will grill them later along with some grilled asparagus and a salad.

Tim Harris

Not the best photo of the brisket but.......

The chicken thighs look much better.

ShooShooBlue

I grilled Chicken Breast and Chicken Leg Quarters today with all the fixins on the side!!! Had a few people over for Sunday Lunch!!! :D
twatever!!!😂

Slapperhog

Quote from: Slacker on July 15, 2012, 10:55:49 am
I am re-heating the brisket I cooked yesterday for our guest that will be here in 1 hour. Also, bacon wrapped corn, baked beans, taters and onions.
Famous Dave's leftovers, no doubt.

Slacker

Quote from: Boar on July 15, 2012, 10:44:47 pm
Knew I should've checked my P.O.Box.  I only go there about once a week...missed another invite.

Damn it...This has been a bad weekend overall for me. Glad it's Monday and I have my head screwed back on straight.

razorbackntexas

Quote from: Slacker on July 16, 2012, 06:59:33 am
Damn it...This has been a bad weekend overall for me. Glad it's Monday and I have my head screwed back on straight.

Idiot.
Quote from: losthawg68 on June 03, 2010, 02:26:15 am
This dude has some superhot friends and his girl is also in the upper echelon of scenery.

jacobp

two racks of st. louis style ribs, 12 chicken thighs, and a mess of jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, monterrey jack, and sausage.  It was a long Saturday.

DadVader1

My Grill Grates came in last week, so I gave them a try on the OTG - grilled ribeyes & zucchini to go with baked potatoes.  I still have a bit of a learning curve with the Grill Grates, but I got nice, criss-crossed sear marks on the steak and was generally pleased with how they worked.  I also did an overnight smoke of a pork butt on the WSM Saturday night.  I had been keeping the smoker at around 225F in the past but decided to try 250F, and it worked well.  I couldn't tell any difference from my 225F cooks but finished in around 13 hours instead of the usual 19-20 hours, so we got to have pulled pork for lunch instead of dinner.

Tim Harris

Quote from: DadVader1 on July 16, 2012, 02:15:58 pm
My Grill Grates came in last week, so I gave them a try on the OTG - grilled ribeyes & zucchini to go with baked potatoes.  I still have a bit of a learning curve with the Grill Grates, but I got nice, criss-crossed sear marks on the steak and was generally pleased with how they worked.  I also did an overnight smoke of a pork butt on the WSM Saturday night.  I had been keeping the smoker at around 225F in the past but decided to try 250F, and it worked well.  I couldn't tell any difference from my 225F cooks but finished in around 13 hours instead of the usual 19-20 hours, so we got to have pulled pork for lunch instead of dinner.

I've been running mine around 250 - 275 the last couple smokes.  The food has turned out just as good and shaved several hours off the process.  You do burn a little more charcoal but not enough for me to go back to a 15+ hour smoke day.

DadVader1

Thanks Tim.  This attempt, I tried to stay in the 240-250 range.  Next time, I think I will try to stay around 260-270 to see if I get similar results in less time.  About what temperature range do you use for your brisket?   The brisket in your photo looks great!

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Nothing big this weekend, but I did try something different on hamburgers.  I was watching a food show and there is a restaurant called 50/50 that specializes in burgers.

Here's the catch.  They use a ration of 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon.  Mix and add pepper.  They were excellent.

Highly recommend...
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

Tim Harris

Quote from: DadVader1 on July 16, 2012, 04:39:34 pm
Thanks Tim.  This attempt, I tried to stay in the 240-250 range.  Next time, I think I will try to stay around 260-270 to see if I get similar results in less time.  About what temperature range do you use for your brisket?   The brisket in your photo looks great!

Right about 275.....at least that is what I was shooting for.  I've been running everything but chicken at about that temp (give or take 15 degrees either way).

edmo

Did these b/s thighs with bacon and beans for some of my buddies late last week...

..then these pork loins, spuds and ABTs for the house Sunday afternoon.

Getting ready for tailgating in the Gardens very soon!

BR you really need to plan a trip south for a game this year!

WPS!!!!!  :razorback:

DeltaBoy

Chicken, Pork chops and Brats + hot dogs.   Today it is burgers.

I have been keep the Weber and gas grills hot this summer.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

Quote from: edmo on July 18, 2012, 08:45:57 am
Did these b/s thighs with bacon and beans for some of my buddies late last week...

..then these pork loins, spuds and ABTs for the house Sunday afternoon.

Getting ready for tailgating in the Gardens very soon!

BR you really need to plan a trip south for a game this year!

WPS!!!!!  :razorback:
Would love to join all you all for a Total Crazy Cook-Out and Game...

DeltaBoy

SWEET I got the get that add charcoal grates for my Weber.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

BR

July 19, 2012, 05:55:26 am #21 Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:33:00 pm by Joetown Parrothead

Slacker

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on July 19, 2012, 05:55:26 am
   Smoker fired up this morning... Ready for some pork later... Orange & Pineapple Juice in the pan... Trying something different..

You need to add champagne!

Slacker

Quote from: Shag66 on July 21, 2012, 02:52:24 pm
Tri Tip going on in a few. 

I LOVE TRI TIP... My new favorite grilled item. Went 4 straight sunday's having tri tip. So, got a little burned out. I would take it over brisket any day.

Slacker

Got a late start due to a busy day. Ribs on. Hope to eat no later than 8.

Slacker

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Boarcephus

Doing fajitas on the egg tomorrow.  Got two, one pound chunks of top sirloin marinating in a fajita marinate, will do the same with the onions and peppers in the morning.  Cook to a medium rare, slice off what I need for the fajitas, saute the peppers onions and should be good to go.  Pretty good way to make them.   Add a little fresh quacamole and should be set.

BTW, the wife is roughing it, grilled lobster tail.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Slacker

gwddog

smoked some salmon and trout this week. Ready for some more ribs maybe in the next week or 2
back 2 back 2 back

hoggintheglory

Grilled some stuffed cheeseburgers(cheddar, mozzarella, swiss and mushrooms).  I am going to smoke some split chicken breasts that have marinated for several hours in Stubbs marinade.  I have found when I put them in a roasting pan with butter they do not dry out as much.  Heavy smoke in the old Brinkman for 2 1/2 hours and they are done!

Slacker

Tri-tip on the grill as we speak. Done in an hour.

old hog

Ribeyes, fresh corn from farmers market, and Kobeer.

BR

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on August 04, 2012, 06:00:18 pm
Getting ready to Grill Blackberry Chipote deer medallions, crappie filets in a Vandalia Onion Vinaigrette, Fresh sweet corn out of our garden, BR's baked beans and more tonight on the Tiki Deck.. Plus some awesome Mango Margaritas... NEED a roadtrip for a select few from Hogville for a golf weekend in Joetown...

Awesome photos here...https://www.facebook.com/joetown

ImHogginIt

Boarcephus

A friend who works for Zatarains gave me a sample of McCormicks new Bacon and Molasses rub and I put it one chicken thighs last night and threw them on the egg.  Pretty darn good.

Also did the stuffed Pablanos and they turned out great.  Been awhile since I've made them but they were as remembered.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Looneyhawg

Smoked some pork butts. Injected them too. Very juicy.

DadVader1

Did a filet

With a red wine sauce

Also smoked a brisket but didn't get pictures.

DeltaBoy

More Chicken and  Brats
Labor day Ribeye Steaks that I seasoned this afternoon after church and wraped in plastic to set till about 11 in the morning.

cosmodrum

Jerk pork tenderloin with grilled bell peppers and grilled pineapple salsa.

Might just do burgers tomorrow, although I do have a lot of the jerk marinade left and I think it only keeps for a week or so...
Go away, batin'

Slacker

Chuck roast yesterday (Effin awesome). Chicken today! Put the Butt back in the freezer for another day. Plan on kicking Shag's ass on the golf course today.

cosmodrum

Grilling burgers. Sautéed shrooms, caramelized onions, a good bleu cheese, on onion kaiser rolls.

Giggity.
Go away, batin'

Slacker

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 03, 2012, 02:46:35 pm
Grilling burgers. Sautéed shrooms, caramelized onions, a good bleu cheese, on onion kaiser rolls.

Giggity.

YUM!!!!

cosmodrum

Wilddong and Tab don't realize they are going to eat the best burgers they've ever aimed into their face holes.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

I'm due to make some loin backs soon. I copycatted some McClard's spares a couple months ago. Mine were better.
Go away, batin'

Boarcephus

Getting ready to fire up the egg and throw some chicken quarters on it for me and some boneless/skinless chicken breast for her.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Shag66 on September 03, 2012, 03:38:44 pm
those are St. Louis trimmed btw..  I like em that way...  All the flavor of spares with the speed and ease of baby backs...

Yes they are. Harder to tell from bone side at a glance. Lots of folks prefer st louis.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: Shag66 on September 03, 2012, 05:09:21 pm
Life is good!

Trying a new Hawaiian Rib Rub.  Sweet and heat at the end... 

Jerk rub on ribs is pretty damn stellar, too. Steve Reichlen has a recipe out there, but any basic jerk rub/marinade would be fine.
Go away, batin'

BR

Quote from: Shag66 on September 03, 2012, 05:09:21 pm
Life is good!

Trying a new Hawaiian Rib Rub.  Sweet and heat at the end... 

looking great

nwahogs

8 butts, 6 briskets, 10 chicken quarters, 4 racks of ribs, kielbasa, bologna, and i'm forgetting something.