Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bodemeister

Started by $2towinon7, May 05, 2012, 05:41:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

$2towinon7

Take nothing away from the winner..... The 5 fastest splits in Derby history is what was said on TV and lose a length.... I think he a superstar

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: $2towinon7 on May 05, 2012, 05:41:26 pm
Take nothing away from the winner..... The 5 fastest splits in Derby history is what was said on TV and lose a length.... I think he a superstar

I agree 100% if he comes out ok.....those fractions usually equal a 30plus length defeat!

pigture perfect

He just ran out of gas
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

songofthesword

you don't run out of gas when you go 2:01 and 3. you just get cuaght.

i can't believe i am saying this.... i really can't but... he could be as good as..... the zapper. he really can. he has what is called brilliant speed. he's just, not even just better, he literally gallops faster than the other horses run.

cbhawg03

Quote from: songofthesword on May 05, 2012, 06:08:27 pm
you don't run out of gas when you go 2:01 and 3. you just get cuaght.

i can't believe i am saying this.... i really can't but... he could be as good as..... the zapper. he really can. he has what is called brilliant speed. he's just, not even just better, he literally gallops faster than the other horses run.

Yes, he got caught more than he ran out of gas. Awesome performance by Bode though

GoHogs1091

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 05, 2012, 05:52:34 pm
He just ran out of gas

Some of that may have to do with the fact that he ran a big race just 3 weeks ago in Hot Springs.  That was one of the reasons why I didn't pick him because of the uncertainty of whether he had enough left in the tank after his big race in Hot Springs.  Also, he didn't race at age 2, and he was trying to overcome 130 Years of a horse not winning the Kentucky Derby when not racing at age 2.  That was another reason why I didn't pick him.  Even Curlin, who didn't race at age 2 didn't overcome that aspect (Curlin might have been able to overcome that aspect if he had had a better trip in the Kentucky Derby; finished 3rd with a bad trip).  Bodemeister as of now is no Curlin (and he probably won't ever be as good as Curlin because he would have to accomplish a tremendous amount to overtake Curlin accomplishments).

stats33

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 05, 2012, 06:16:22 pm
Some of that may have to do with the fact that he ran a big race just 3 weeks ago in Hot Springs.  That was one of the reasons why I didn't pick him because of the uncertainty of whether he had enough left in the tank after his big race in Hot Springs.  Also, he didn't race at age 2, and he was trying to overcome 130 Years of a horse not winning the Kentucky Derby when not racing at age 2.  That was another reason why I didn't pick him.  Even Curlin, who didn't race at age 2 didn't overcome that aspect (Curlin might have been able to overcome that aspect if he had had a better trip in the Kentucky Derby; finished 3rd with a bad trip).  Bodemeister as of now is no Curlin (and he probably won't ever be as good as Curlin because he would have to accomplish a tremendous amount to overtake Curlin accomplishments).

It wasn't 130 years of history of not running at 2 that beat Bode. If Smith coulda slowed him down 1 or 2 ticks anywhere during the race he wins. That he started his career on Jan 16th instead of Dec 31st had nothing to do with today's result because he beat 18 other horses and ran most of them off their feet.