Amityvillehogger

Just took Sabathia deep! 3R Jack!
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

TheRazorback500

Yeah, I just saw that! Boom!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jackflash

I like Reynolds better than the  shortstop ahead of him. But I maybe a homer here

89ALUM

Reynolds isn't in the best situation right now.  He's helped by the fact that David Wright is out for the year and possibly going to retire at the end of the season.  This means Wilmer Flores (who probably would be blocking Matt) slides over to play third and opens up a position for him. 

Also, Asdrubal Cabrera went on the DL with a nasty patella injury.  He's a guy who's almost surely going to get time at shortstop when/if he returns.  If the Mets continue to slide farther away from the Nats in the division race, I doubt they'll rush Cabrera back too quickly.

However, Jose Reyes is still lurking on the roster.  Currently he's on the 15 day DL, but if/when he returns, he's going to play since he's getting paid a hefty $22 million salary, while Matt's earning likely the major league minimum.  If Reyes slots in at third, the Mets will move Flores back to short.

If only Matt could play outfield.  The Mets are looking at an entire outfield of left-handed hitters, and Cespedes just went on the 15 day DL.  They don't want to play an outfield of Bruce, Conforto and Granderson, but may have to if they want to keep pace in the wild-card race.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

jackflash

he may to leave the Mets to get a chance. I can see Reyes as the Mets second basemen next year don't see them resigning Walker