Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sounds like we are done

Started by Snout team, February 07, 2018, 12:20:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

I am not always right when reading the tea leaves but from recent posts focusing on 2019 from our coaching staff I would say we are done for 2018.

Was hoping to get Brule and I guess there is still a chance for Gerald but it feels like we may have our class.

Got some much needed defensive help and filled some other gaps as well.

Hopefully we don't lose any more quality players from the current roster.  2019 is going to be critical to the long term success of CMM at Arkansas.

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

247Hog

Quote from: #hammerdown on February 07, 2018, 12:20:57 pm
I am not always right when reading the tea leaves but from recent posts focusing on 2019 from our coaching staff I would say we are done for 2018.

Was hoping to get Brule and I guess there is still a chance for Gerald but it feels like we may have our class.

Hopefully we don't lose any more quality players from the current roster.  2019 is going to be critical to the long term success of CMM at Arkansas.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

HogFoo

I think when we kept Parker, bruhle decided piss st.   Oh well.  Its ok.. i liked parker more myself.  I did really think we had a chance tho.

We still have a chance at perhaps Gerald..  maybe even gooden back on table,  one kid i saw that i never heard much on is this Billy sonnier kid.  Hes a 6'7 240ish DE.  Keeps tweeting arkansas folks.  Says he gonna make an announcement at 4. 

Which, i never heard of kid,  it might be like one of those deals where a kid announces they are going to a school, committing to them and the coaches at that school say who?  Haha..

I dont know.  But yeah other than that we may be done. I had hoped wed get either Okchuwuwukwu or Gerald... but like i said if we dont get either maybe we could still land Gooden.  Unless he signs with wv.  Who knows, maybe this sonnier kid is a real recruit ? 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

fullfan

Billy Sonnier is a 2019 prospect.

Porknoxville

That is the huge difference between where we are recruiting and where at least 9 other Sec teams are with recruiting multiple highly regarded players at one position. Will others pull 2-3 4stars will hope and pray that we get one. I'm totally good with winning on less talent! That has been out reality for so many years. Go hogs!

HogFoo

Quote from: fullfan on February 07, 2018, 12:36:27 pm
he says he is announcing at 4pm.  He may be the 1st commit for 19class then.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

LJHOG

Quote from: Porknoxville on February 07, 2018, 12:38:29 pm
That is the huge difference between where we are recruiting and where at least 9 other Sec teams are with recruiting multiple highly regarded players at one position. Will others pull 2-3 4stars will hope and pray that we get one. I'm totally good with winning on less talent! That has been out reality for so many years. Go hogs!
After more than 25 years being in the SEC and you still believe that is possible.  That's just precious.

imtad16

Hard to predict the graduate transfer market today, but do we bring any grad transfers in to help any areas of weakness?

King Kong

Quote from: imtad16 on February 07, 2018, 01:10:38 pm
Hard to predict the graduate transfer market today, but do we bring any grad transfers in to help any areas of weakness?

It's possible. They have inquired about 2 grad transfer OL. However, it depends on available Scholarships and well how interested those players are in visiting

Been10Hog

Hoping we still land Dorian Gerald! "Experts" were predicting him going to Florida before FL flipped DE Andrew Chatfield from OSU

CaseyHawgDog

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."<br />- John Wayne

ricepig

King Kong

GuvHog

Would someone mind posting a complete list of all of the class of 2018 Hog signees??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Snout team

I agree Delta.  Several posts now by the staff pointing towards 2019.  Smart move in the sense that they are dropping hints that we are done so everyone is not still waiting on Gooden and Gerald. 

Since Gooden just committed to TN I believe it is all but confirmed that we are finished with the class.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

hogcam

Quote from: #hammerdown on February 07, 2018, 03:00:00 pm
I agree Delta.  Several posts now by the staff pointing towards 2019.  Smart move in the sense that they are dropping hints that we are done so everyone is not still waiting on Gooden and Gerald. 

Since Gooden just committed to TN I believe it is all but confirmed that we are finished with the class.
Morris said in his interview that we could still add a couple, but who knows.

HawgSZN

Probably Gerald or later in the semester getting Grad transfers would be my guess
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Guy is gunning hard for the newly named Ascolese/Gooden Hogville commitment of the year trophy.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Al Boarland

Quote from: #hammerdown on February 07, 2018, 12:20:57 pm

We'll know everything we need to know by where the 2019 class ranks in the SEC. If it's bottom 1/3 he will not have the talent to push the program forward in that narrow window a coach has to get it done.

userpick

Quote from: HogFoo on February 07, 2018, 12:57:21 pm
he says he is announcing at 4pm.  He may be the 1st commit for 19class then.

Our current staff hasn't reached out to him. It sounds like this young man has some issues. I don't say that to be funny. From what I read elsewhere, he's been making up offers from other schools and "committing" to Arkansas every day on twitter.

rljjr

So if Coach says there are a couple of other guys out there, other than waiting on Gerald to make up his mind, who are they?  JUCOs? Perhaps some lesser known/evaluated kids?

I think we did a nice job of finding quality talent at key positions. Looking forward to next year to see how/if developed relationships bear more fruit.

The Pulse

Sonnier is a troll. He doesnt have an offer.

wildhogman

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 07, 2018, 03:37:33 pm
We’ll know everything we need to know by where the 2019 class ranks in the SEC. If it’s bottom 1/3 he will not have the talent to push the program forward in that narrow window a coach has to get it done.
why do you post or respond or follow anything Arkansas? Reading your history its obvious you take delight when the hogs falter.  Like most fans, I know the Hogs are fighting an up hill battle. But I have faith one day they just may get it done.  You sir just have gas and your very full of it

311Hog

man looking over the class as a whole and i think they did an amazing job.

we got 3 OL - Need
Got LB and secondary help - Need

2 Solid QB's 1 solid RB  we have lots of WR on the roster already.

I really like what i see in our young secondary in terms of talent this class and the last.

fullfan

Hopeful Hog

Morris said on the Bo Mattingly show that they're not done and that they're expecting "a few" more. Probably 2 maybe even 3.

Al Boarland

Quote from: wildhogman on February 07, 2018, 04:18:33 pm
why do you post or respond or follow anything Arkansas? Reading your history its obvious you take delight when the hogs falter.  Like most fans, I know the Hogs are fighting an up hill battle. But I have faith one day they just may get it done.  You sir just have gas and your very full of it

I said we will know. That was not  a prognostication of failure. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on February 07, 2018, 06:24:21 pm
Morris said on the Bo Mattingly show that they're not done and that they're expecting "a few" more. Probably 2 maybe even 3.
Wha?   2018 kids?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Hopeful Hog

Snout team

Sometimes it is really nice to be wrong

War Boar

Being wrong is easier when you want to be wrong. Go Hogs!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 07, 2018, 03:37:33 pm
We'll know everything we need to know by where the 2019 class ranks in the SEC. If it's bottom 1/3 he will not have the talent to push the program forward in that narrow window a coach has to get it done.
Interesting to hear what this "narrow window a coach has to get it done" entails. If you mean '18 you very well may be right; however, that obviously remains to be seen. If you mean longer term-out over the next three or four years- then obviously EVERYTHING from the standpoint of talent acquisition has yet to be determined. That is unless you think CCM's abilities and potential should be based primarily on what he and his staff can accomplish in one year.

Addendum: While I agree that '19 should give us a better reading on how well CCM and his staff can likely recruit, even two classes (this and next years) may not be adequate measures of how well he can do longer term. Let's see what the first three of four classes have to hold AND what he does with the kids and how well he utilizes them before we render a more educated assessment.

Hawgphat

It's my current understanding that we're already about 4 or 5 scholarships over the 85 limit.  I assume that a few will transfer out (voluntarily or "otherwise"), but I truly wonder just how the Hogs staff is going to reconcile the new acquisitions already on board now - let alone any additional "crucial needs" jewels with the mandated 85 scholarship-player limit for this 2018 class.

Coach Morris was a Math Major; - - but the scholarship math for this 2018 class doesn't add up for me.

Please don't misunderstand me; - - this is not a complaint, - - - - I'm simply befuddled in regard to our scholarship cap status.

Snout team

The numbers will work out after the spring.  We don't have to be at 85 until fall camp.

5 players leaving between now and the end of spring is not unusual.  We are currently at 90