Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greg Maddux hired as volunteer assistant at UNLV

Started by ucahogfan, July 06, 2016, 06:45:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

http://www.d1baseball.com/news/unlv-hires-hall-famer-maddux/

This is a very interesting hire and Maddux gets to coach his son who is a sophomore on the baseball team.

Dr. Starcs

If he can teach his squad to consistently get strikes called 6 inches off the plate like he did his whole career, look out.

jackflash

PharmacistHog

One of the smartest pitchers in the game. i always figured he would be a great coach.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Dr. Starcs

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 06, 2016, 10:01:21 pm
Haha, not at all!

He definitely got a LOT of calls. But it was due to his control and how late his pitches broke. A lot of his pitches fooled the umps as well as the hitters. Glavine got calls, too, but his pitches came across sideways and he would chip and chip at the edges and find just how far the ump would give him. Maddux could throw a pitch that came in straight then cut 8 inches after it got to the front of the plate. Amazing control.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

azhog10

Best two seem fastball ever in the game IMO. Seeing it dance was a thing of beauty.

southarkhog06

Quote from: azhog10 on July 07, 2016, 07:18:19 am
Best two seem fastball ever in the game IMO. Seeing it dance was a thing of beauty.
top 10 change too, dude was an absolute magician.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 06, 2016, 06:45:48 pm
http://www.d1baseball.com/news/unlv-hires-hall-famer-maddux/

This is a very interesting hire and Maddux gets to coach his son who is a sophomore on the baseball team.
ahh, I just thought he had a bad gambling habit

PP