Virginia-17
F (UVA 1-0, W&M 0-1)

Nebraska-0
Oklahoma St-6
F (OK ST 1-0, NEB 0-1)

South Alabama-2
Southern Miss-14
F (USM 1-0, USA 0-1)
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

tennesseehogwild

Sucks that we are absent, but I caved and am watching the games....Really love the Bases Loaded Channel!

tennesseehogwild

With all the rain delays, it could be baseball well into the wee hours....:)

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 03, 2016, 06:29:40 pm
Sucks that we are absent, but I caved and am watching the games....Really love the Bases Loaded Channel!
Agree whole heartedly.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Maddhog

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 03, 2016, 06:31:05 pm
With all the rain delays, it could be baseball well into the wee hours....:)

That sounds good to me.  Missing baseball right now and not a huge fan of the professional game.   Nothing better than pj's, Diet Coke, popcorn and my couch.   👍⚾️

Cornfed Pig

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 03, 2016, 06:29:40 pm

Bases Loaded is the shiacensored!  Go 4 seeds!

Dr. Starcs

Guess poche didnt have a stellar outing.

Down 7-0, 6th inning.

tennesseehogwild

How did Alabama not get in the tournament? I guess some of the PAC 12 teams had to get in and it knocked them out.

tennesseehogwild

Rhode Island has South Carolina on the ropes, 5-4 heading to the Top 9th.

PorkRyan

aTm are still the biggest punks in baseball

tennesseehogwild

Down go The Gamecocks !!!!!!!

tennesseehogwild

Utah sends Ole Piss packing to the Loser's Bracket. 6-5 in 10 innings....Yes...Yes...Yes!

holeinthewall

Shows the SEC was overrated. Arkansas St beat ole piss a couple weeks ago.

ricepig

Quote from: holeinthewall on June 04, 2016, 07:37:36 am

Nah, just shows it's baseball, not a one day tournament.

tennesseehogwild

A lot of teams have one or two really good  pitchers. Today and tomorrow will be the test of the depth of a team's pitching staff.

rljjr

Man there is next to nobody in the stands watching SC play Duke. I don't understand that.

HamIAm

June 04, 2016, 02:33:40 pm #17 Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:34:28 pm by HamIAm
Wow, Xavier has scored 9 runs on Vanderbilt in the 7th, bases still loaded and one out. Score 11-1.
Wow.
Make that 13 runs. Headed to the bottom of the 7th its 15-1.

Two throwing errors, four walks, two hit batsman and a grand slam in the Xavier half of the inning..

Edit: Just saw the post below where Vandy's starting pitcher drowned Thursday night.  Understandable how a team is in an emotionally tough situation. When things break against you it can snowball. Prayers for the team and family.

Maddhog

Yeah Vandy's heart is elsewhere.   Feel for them.

HamIAm

Ole Miss 2 and done, losing to Tulane 6-5.  Oddly the same score they lost to Utah by.

Dr. Starcs

tennesseehogwild

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Knot2brite

Awe....ole piss lost at their own regional...yep....no tears
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

tennesseehogwild

June 04, 2016, 06:37:05 pm #24 Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:58:51 pm by tennesseehogwild
My day just keeps getting better....East Carolina hits a 3-run walkoff HR to send the Boohoos,,,er Wahoos to the Loser's Bracket!

tennesseehogwild

Even with all their issues......Had the Hogs gotten their **** together down the stretch, they could've competed In most of these regionals.

tennesseehogwild

UNC Wilmington can hit the baseball! Some really good games on today!

PorkRyan

Clemson looks terrible in every facet of the game. Down 7-0 to Ok St in the 3rd

tennesseehogwild

I think I am going to pull for our weak OOC opponents" La Tech, Texas Tech. Okla. St, Rice, and Gonzaga!

tennesseehogwild

It looks like it just isn't Vandy's weekend...Gotta feel for those kids.!

greghog

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 04, 2016, 07:20:31 pm
Clemson looks terrible in every facet of the game. Down 7-0 to Ok St in the 3rd

I have disliked Clemson baseball ever since we played them in a Regional in Fayetteville (2000 maybe?) Their fans were about the rudest baseball fans I have ever dealt with.  Can't stand them.

code red

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on June 04, 2016, 06:40:54 pm
Even with all their issues......Had the Hogs gotten their **** together down the stretch, they could've competed In most of these regionals.
Really....at what point did it look like we were capable of that?...just saying.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on June 05, 2016, 12:35:56 pm
Really....at what point did it look like we were capable of that?...just saying.

It was usually the first 3 innings of a game, or the last 3. The other 6 were definitely in question.

tennesseehogwild

Just saying that the team that was 26-16 at one point before the wheels came totally off....and I did say Competed, not win a regional....

tennesseehogwild

William & Mary sends UVA packing....5-4.

tennesseehogwild

The balls are flying out of the park at all the sites....Wonder how much the HR's are up for the Regionals?

NorthChuckHog

SC fans didn't expect  to lose the first game, so most we're still tailgating for the noon start

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: code red on June 05, 2016, 12:35:56 pm

After sweeping in Houston. And if you look at past success of pitching staff it was easy to see us competing.

Dr. Starcs

Ugh.

Lsu beats Rice 4-2 on a grand slam inside the park home run in the first inning.

JackMcQueen

Today's games (central time)

North Carolina St
Coastal Carolina
12:00pm (Coastal 2-0, NCSU 2-1)

Arizona
UL Lafayette
1:00pm (ULL 2-0, Arizona 2-1)

Rice
SE Louisiana
2:00pm (Rice 1-1, SELA 1-1)

Xavier
UC Santa Barbara
2:00pm (UCSB 2-0, Xavier 2-1)

Texas Tech
Dallas Baptist
2:00pm (TTU 2-1, DBU 3-1)

UNC Wilmington
South Carolina
5:00pm (UCNW 2-1, SC 3-1)

Coastal Carolina
North Carolina St
6:00pm (IF NECESSARY)

Rice/SELA winner
LSU
7:00pm (LSU 2-0)

Arizona
UL Lafayette
7:00pm (IF NECESSARY)

Xavier
UC Santa Barbara
8:00pm (IF NECCESARY)
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

jbell96

Quote from: holeinthewall on June 04, 2016, 07:37:36 am

Actually this post show how you don't understand baseball. Even the worst teams win 35-40 percent of the time.

JackMcQueen

THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

JackMcQueen

NC State forces the If Necessary game with Coastal Carolina after beating them 8-1 this afternoon.
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

Dr. Starcs

How in the world was Clemson a national seed when they were 16-14 in the acc?

Good grief.

JackMcQueen

Sorting out yesterday..

UC Santa Barbara, Texas Tech, & Arizona all advance to the Super Regionals.

Rice forces a game seven in Baton Rogue tonight at 6:00

UNC Wilmington/S Carolina will play their game seven at 1:00 on ESPNU

Coastal Carolina/NC State got suspended in the top of the ninth last night with the bases loaded, one out, and NC State leading 5-3. That game will resume at 1:00 on ESPN3 (CCU is the away team)
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

jbell96

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 06, 2016, 09:00:58 pm
How in the world was Clemson a national seed when they were 16-14 in the acc?

Good grief.

Clemson had a great year and the ACC was brutally tough this year. They earned a national seed. They just ran in to a buzzsaw against Okie State.

HamIAm

Quote from: jbell96 on June 07, 2016, 08:54:57 am
Clemson had a great year and the ACC was brutally tough this year. They earned a national seed. They just ran in to a buzzsaw against Okie State.

Yeah, but a NATIONAL SEED?  In their own conference division they finished behind Florida State who had a 16-10 conference record, but was not a national seed. They were tied with NC State in their division, also not a national seed. Worse conference record than Virginia at 19-11 in the Coastal Division, also not a national seed.  At some point the results of your schedule have to mean something. If you get beaten in conference does your OOC schedule really catapult you above the teams that beat you fair and square or do we just go with some formulas?  If thats the case why bother with the tournament, just let the computer sort it out.

jbell96

Quote from: HamIAm on June 07, 2016, 11:45:37 am

Yeah, but a NATIONAL SEED?  In their own conference division they finished behind Florida State who had a 16-10 conference record, but was not a national seed. They were tied with NC State in their division, also not a national seed. Worse conference record than Virginia at 19-11 in the Coastal Division, also not a national seed.  At some point the results of your schedule have to mean something. If you get beaten in conference does your OOC schedule really catapult you above the teams that beat you fair and square or do we just go with some formulas?  If thats the case why bother with the tournament, just let the computer sort it out.

Listen, I'm not a Clemson fan, just saying I think they earned it. They had the RPI & SOS of a national seed, they also beat South Carolina 2 of 3 this year, and finished the season super strong, including series wins over FSU & NCSU, plus they won the ACC tournament title by beating Virginia, Louisville, Wake, & FSU, that's the #2 national seed, 2 hosts, and a 2 seed, in four consecutive days. Pretty impressive showing.

I can see the argument against them, but there is also argument for them. Going in to the ACC tournament final, it was pretty well assumed that the winner of that game would get a national seed and the other would just host.

jbell96

Coastal Carolina on to the Supers after scoring 4 in the 9th, 3 with 2 outs, to beat NC State 7-5. Second straight year for the Wolfpack to lose a regional final in heartbreaking fashion.

USC-E is up 5-1 on UNCW in the 5th. Gamecocks scored 5 runs in the 4th inning, aided by 2 UNCW errors, to take the lead. Would be surprised if they didn't hang on to win.

HamIAm

Rice pitcher has thrown 52 pitches through 6 innings. They were hoping he could go three innings.  First LSU batter of the 7th walks.  2-0 Rice