Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colin Poche

Started by yraciv, May 31, 2016, 12:22:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

FYI he killed it as the Friday night guy at Dallas Baptist this year.  9-0, 2.02 ERA, K/9 at 7.4 w/ BB/9 at 2.7. Too bad he could never work his way out of DVH doghouse here because we could have used him.  Find it very ironic that he ended up at a school that puts your favorite bible quote on your profile.
http://dbupatriots.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2778

Kevin

Looks like he grew up since he left
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

If I remember correctly, he struggled to throw strikes on some very good staffs which gave him a short leash by DVH.  And if he had stayed healthy and not required TJ, he wouldn't have been on the staff this season for us.

ricepig

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 31, 2016, 06:38:07 pm
If I remember correctly, he struggled to throw strikes on some very good staffs which gave him a short leash by DVH.  And if he had stayed healthy and not required TJ, he wouldn't have been on the staff this season for us.

He had other issues, sometimes it best for everyone to move on.

Scott7703

Would have been a welcomed addition to our staff this year. What might have been.......

hogballer05

I went to DBU for a semester before transferring to the U of A. DBU is a real bible school and holds its students to a high standard.. unlike that other baptist school in Texas.

yraciv

Quote from: hogballer05 on June 01, 2016, 09:58:27 pm
I went to DBU for a semester before transferring to the U of A. DBU is a real bible school and holds its students to a high standard.. unlike that other baptist school in Texas.

But they'll take a petty thief?  I was just surprised that is where he ended up.  We know Baylor will take anyone, but I'd always heard DBU had some pretty high standards around that. But then again they are strictly a baseball school, so you got to loosen the standards somewhere.