Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very disappointed in Anderson coaching today...

Started by HogAllMighty, March 16, 2018, 04:22:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

Quote from: latrops on March 16, 2018, 04:59:24 pm
From 2003 to 2011 CMA went to the NCAAT in 6 of 8 seasons, including a Sweet 16 and an Elite 8 run. 

The problem isn't that he was hired.  The resume showed that he was a good coach and significant upgrade.  The problem is that he isn't succeeding here at the same level he did at USB and Mizzou AND that there doesn't seem to be much pressure or expectation that he does.

Hey big boy I've watched almost every game Mike Anderson has coached from his first game at Missouri to Todays game., I have never said he wasn't a good coach, or a good guy, or good for the players. But I did warn Hogville what we were getting. It wasn't some magical reincarnation of Nolan and certainly no messiah to take to take us up the mountain.

Slater

Quote from: 99toLife on March 16, 2018, 04:33:11 pm
Mike is Mike I warned the Hog nation the day he was hired. Good guy, middle of the road coach, but will never take the Hogs anywhere.

Middle of the road coach that has never had a losing season, goes to a lot of NCAA tourneys, clean program, no scandals. You grade very tough. what is an A performance 99-100%
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

99toLife

Quote from: Slater on March 16, 2018, 05:07:33 pm
Middle of the road coach that has never had a losing season, goes to a lot of NCAA tourneys, clean program, no scandals. You grade very tough. what is an A performance 99-100%

Mikes a good coach, but in Hogville land that means failure. Look up my Posts, and you will find I'm no Mike Hater.

Snouty

Kevin

Quote from: Slater on March 16, 2018, 05:07:33 pm

how many trophies has the guy won, as a head coach
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Letsroll1200

You can't coach effort. That's something you have to come on the floor with.

Pigsrus

Anderson is a good man but not that good of a coach.  Until the administration finally figures that out several years from now this will be a high point.  The SEC is loading in some talented coaches so this isn't the old SEC. 

PygmalionEffect2

MA is in very good shape for a man of his age, anybody notice that?

I think he works out.

I think he's in better shape physically than he was when he got here.

Plus, I hear he's a really nice guy from a lot of people that have met him.

Good provider for his family.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Hexametaphosph8

Our defense is very bad at times.  Some of it is Barford being lazy, but I feel the No. 1 thing is switching every pick and roll.  Even when it doesn't burn us immediately it always leads to a big on their PG and one of our guards on their big.  And then to make it worse we don't switch back when given opportunities. 

I believe this is why we seem to play better in our zone.  If we would fight through screens or trap the pick and push them further our our bigs could then get back to their man and we don't have this issue. 

They showed the stat that we are 95th in turnovers (though 20th in points off turnovers), so it doesn't seem that we cause many turnovers and we give up layups, dunks and wide open shots.

I just don't think the system works anymore, and we need to play more solid D. 

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2018, 05:11:04 pm

then sit their butts on the bench until you get it.

stop with the excuses
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

txkhog

HardCore

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2018, 05:22:11 pm

stop with the excuses

I said it after the Tennessee debacle......he should have gone Herb Brooks on their A$$e$, right after the freakin game with the people in the stands.  The expectations should have been laid out right then & there.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HoggyCat

Prior to the season, the majority on here were tickled to death just making the tournament. Well, I hope you're still happy.

But there's no reason we've became a school that doesn't make the sweet 16 regularly. Getting eliminated as a 7 seed in first round is acceptable every few years, but shouldn't be the norm.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2018, 05:11:04 pm

He recruited and signed them.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

bigyellowdog

LRHawg

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2018, 05:22:11 pm

stop with the excuses

I thought all season for our best players and seniors that playing hard was optional. Knowing a little about the behind the scenes. Mike is probably relieved this season is over. Not saying he didn't want to win but its been a task to get the chemistry of this team together. Blame Mike, but that's the truth.

Nickle-Pig

Social sites are where cowards go to get a cup of courage.

Kevin

Quote from: HoggyCat on March 16, 2018, 05:35:39 pm
Prior to the season, the majority on here were tickled to death just making the tournament. Well, I hope you’re still happy.

But there’s no reason we’ve became a school that doesn’t make the sweet 16 regularly. Getting eliminated as a 7 seed in first round is acceptable every few years, but shouldn’t be the norm.

the minority thought this team should be at least a sweet sixteen team. 6 freakin seniors

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2018, 05:56:29 pm
the minority thought this team should be at least a sweet sixteen team. 6 freakin seniors

2 talented seniors. 1 get kicked off the team. 1 was a miss in recruiting. 1 is a 2 guard in a point guard body. 1 if you didn't know him, you would say that he's a football player.
However, they gave what they have. I never thought this team would make a run.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HogAllMighty on March 16, 2018, 04:22:26 pm
I still support him but this is getting old.

This was getting old 3 seasons ago.

It's now who we are.

In order to get back to the success level of Nolan (not the system, but the results), we have to go out and hire the best coach available with a highest upside possible.

We will never rekindle the "40-Minutes of Hell". Winning big will require an entirely new look. 
This is my non-signature signature.

Kevin

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2018, 06:00:48 pm
2 talented seniors. 1 get kicked off the team. 1 was a miss in recruiting. 1 is a 2 guard in a point guard body. 1 if you didn't know him, you would say that he's a football player.

and your ok with that, after 7 years

Porknoxville

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2018, 06:09:41 pm
and your ok with that, after 7 years

He took a chance on two Arkansas kids earlier in his time here. Beard never got better.

allredhog

A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

BigHog396

And each of those players were recruited by Mike... again, it all lays at his feet.

The guy can't recruit at the level needed to be a perennially successful program.  They guy can't coach defense at all, proven over and over again by how the same things get us whipped by lesser teams numerous times each year.  The guy has no real offensive philosophy, at least not that will work anywhere on a consistent basis.  The guy has no assistant coaching talent around him.

I would love for anyone to explain one positive thing he has that would make them believe he will ever get us even remotely close to the consistency and level of success that we had for 20 years under Sutton and Nolan.

5 little pigs

Danny J

Quote from: Southern Hogspitality on March 16, 2018, 04:29:12 pm
We had the talent...
Yes...we didn't lose to Butler because they had better players. We lost because we didn't adjust at the right times. Stayed in the at darned switching man D up until we finally figured out after being down 21-2 it wasn't working so we went zone. Then Butler adjusted and made some key shots and just worked harder down low. We need more meat down low that WANTS to rebound. They wanted it more...

Danny J

Quote from: pigroots on March 16, 2018, 04:31:30 pm
For CMA to succeed he must recruit. He's not an X and 0 coach. He needs players and our recruiting is at a 'C" level. Therefore we only improve as the players age but only to a mediocre level. This season was supposed to be the year talent and experience came together. Welp...now where do we go from here?
And what makes it worse is knowing there will be a HUGE drop off next year. So nothing to look forward to going into year 8. Keeping Perry and Gafford would have us right back in the dance. I know it...you know...we all know deep down Gafford is going pro. So knowing all that it's just depressing. I can't even bring myself to watch any more games tonight.

hawgtime

Quote from: hobhog on March 16, 2018, 04:26:17 pm
He will be gone after next year

too late for me.  we need recruits and we don't need to waste another year.

The real Hogules

I wonder what Scott Edged is doing nowadays?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2018, 06:34:43 pm
He took a chance on two Arkansas kids earlier in his time here. Beard never got better.
No, he took what he could get, which is what has happened mostly his 7 seasons here. This is why we have 6 seniors but only 2 came here as freshman and neither of them was heralded, having to depend on jucos and low level transfers just to have enough bodies to have a team.

majestic

We got our asses kicked by a bunch of GD nerds. NERDS!
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: rude1 on March 16, 2018, 07:31:59 pm
No, he took what he could get, which is what has happened mostly his 7 seasons here. This is why we have 6 seniors but only 2 came here as freshman and neither of them was heralded, having to depend on jucos and low level transfers just to have enough bodies to have a team.

Macon and Barford could've went anywhere.

Quote from: 5 little pigs on March 16, 2018, 07:05:31 pm
Have we fired him yet?
You guys are setting yourselves up for a real a disappointment if you think Mike won't be here next year.  Yurachek just got here, attendance was up, etc.

Hoggish1

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 17, 2018, 06:49:54 am
Macon and Barford could've went anywhere.
No the couldn't have. Yes they had more offers but they didn't have offers from every top program in the country, that simply isn't true..............

Marshfieldhog

I think this roster was a culmination of 6 years of crappy overall recruiting. Hopefully Gafford will stay and the new group will not have as many roster holes like this one did.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: rude1 on March 17, 2018, 10:28:22 am
No the couldn't have. Yes they had more offers but they didn't have offers from every top program in the country, that simply isn't true..............

Mike basically won with two high level streaky shooters and a inconsistent talented big man that is still learning the game. They as a team never bought in to defense. They took too many possessions off.
Daryl Macon could have been a Clint McDaniel on the defensive end of the court. He got better as the season went on but just did enough to get by and never enough to be great. This is basically this team. They did enough to get by but never enough to be great.
Your best players have to set the tone. Sadly, Macon and Barford never took the defensive end serious.

texas tush hog