Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Envious as I watch other games

Started by Tortfeasor, November 18, 2017, 04:46:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortfeasor

I miss the excitement of raucous crowds, meaningful games and complete excitement for every saturday. I am hopeful we can get some of that back since it has consistently been gone for many years.

Wild Boarnado

I feel the same way - I can't wait for good football, wins and the excitement of being relevant to return. I remember watching post game shows with excitement and pride hearing good things about our Razorbacks.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

longtimeHogfan

I miss knowing that if mistakes were elimated and we executed well we could line up and play with anybody.  And beat most of them.  Can't remember the last time I felt like that.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

JONAS

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 18, 2017, 07:15:49 pm
I miss knowing that if mistakes were elimated and we executed well we could line up and play with anybody.  And beat most of them.  Can't remember the last time I felt like that.

Grag T

Doesn't seem to bother me at all after Italian nachos and adult beverages
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tortfeasor on November 18, 2017, 04:46:19 pm
I miss the excitement of raucous crowds, meaningful games and complete excitement for every saturday. I am hopeful we can get some of that back since it has consistently been gone for many years.
how young are you? It's only been gone since April Fool's Day 6 years ago. We Bert'd away the last half decade is all. With a pair of mediocre coaches before that we won 10+ games and contended for Titles all the time.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HogFansReunited

I am just glad basketball season started.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hogsanity

I watched Harvard/Yale today, and over the season some other small school games, those fans get excited for the sake of the game a hand. Not for any other reason BUT THAT GAME. p5 fans, not just hog fans bit all of p5, do not seem to be able to get excited any more for the game itself, but that game has to have big implications or playoff ramifications.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BigDeal

Quote from: hogsanity on November 18, 2017, 09:39:44 pm
I watched Harvard/Yale today, and over the season some other small school games, those fans get excited for the sake of the game a hand. Not for any other reason BUT THAT GAME. p5 fans, not just hog fans bit all of p5, do not seem to be able to get excited any more for the game itself, but that game has to have big implications or playoff ramifications.

those of us in section 119 today will disagree with you 100%. we were into the game the whole time!

I thank you.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: hogsanity on November 18, 2017, 09:39:44 pm

No sarcasm: if I had it my way, we'd do away with the national championship structure altogether, and remove most of the bowl games.

Basically, go back to the way things were before the BCS.