Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hats Off To The Razorback Players Today

Started by The NewEra, November 18, 2017, 02:53:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The NewEra

It would have been so easy to just not show up for this game, but they mustered the pride to play hard.  It wasn't pretty for sure.  Hat's off to the D-Line, Agim in particular.

Tequilin' Time

I'll 2nd that.    The kids gave great effort, they are just in a bad situation.   

elksnort

You damn right they did.  And those who were there, cheered hard.

BoarnSupremacy

I agree.  There was good effort on the field.

HogMantheIntruder

I was proud of the players. No doubt. I texted something like that to a buddy of mine, but then I realized I was finding comfort in a moral victory against Miss St, and I felt dirty. Fortunately, this one can easily be blamed on coaching.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

razorbackred1

Agree 100%, would have been easy to lay down .... proud of all them!

OtterHog

I feel terrible for them. There are a few lazy ones that have quit several times this season, but for the ones who play hard, they deserve better.

parallaxpig

Quote from: elksnort on November 18, 2017, 03:14:22 pm
You damn right they did.  And those who were there, cheered hard.

Second that.... Did freeze my arse off though.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

RagingHawgOn

Damn right. It's always about the players. Froze my butt off but it was worth it.

Kudos to these kids. I saw 100% effort all over the field.

For those "fans" stirring stuff, screw you.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Yeah. Felt bad for our CBs, looked like the WRs were pushing off on several plays and never called.

rusvegashog

Here Here!! I'm glad someone started a thread acknowledging our team and the effort they put forth today.

hawg IQ

Quote from: The NewEra on November 18, 2017, 02:53:11 pm
It would have been so easy to just not show up for this game, but they mustered the pride to play hard.  It wasn't pretty for sure.  Hat's off to the D-Line, Agim in particular.
this game and Lsu game , a good o-line we would have won them both !  Defense not why we lost .
go hogs go !

FutureMan

I agree.  They gave it their best effort and they had passion.  That's all I want from them.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

AirWarren

Aside from a beat up offensive line.....we played great today. That defense came out and took it to Miss state.

Questionable calls and quarterback play.......just can't have that.

The NewEra

Quote from: rusvegashog on November 18, 2017, 03:59:05 pm
Here Here!! I'm glad someone started a thread acknowledging our team and the effort they put forth today.

They deserve it.

rtr

They played hard down to the last lateral on the last kickoff.  They never gave up.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

ChicoHog

November 18, 2017, 08:38:48 pm #17 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:58:22 pm by ChicoHog
I thought the defense played pretty good.  Did not give up many yards on the ground, caused a turnover for a TD recovery, played hard all day.  Offense still not good but injuries have really hurt us.  Kudos to the effort but we just don't have the horses (or the coaches obviously). 

I thought at the time we should have punted and trusted our defense on that last drive instead of going for it.  Our offense is not good enough to make a 4th and 1 consistently.  That was a risky move that didn't pan out. 

cjack

Defense played well.  Agim was a beast in the first half.  Offense just wasn't good at all today, but overall proud of the effort by our guys.  Hopefully next year, the returning players will have much more to be happy about.  WPS 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Dropkick

I agree . Great effort , proud of the players.

phadedhawg

Agree 100%.  This team is lacking a lot of important pieces, some due to injury, most due to poor recruiting efforts by Bielema's staff.  Still they fought like a bunch of wild razorback hogs. 

The few fans who were there made their presence felt.  Crappy weather, crappy season, still cheering strong.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

InHOGuration Ball

I appreciate the effort the team gave today.   Hats offs, standing ovation, and a salute!

I hope they give a strong effort next week to close out this year.  Then, hopefully, they can starting working on getting this turned around next year. 

WPS!  Go Hogs!

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WalHog2018

Was really impressed with Dylan Hays today. Looked like he was out there fighting.

Chalupa Batman

The NewEra

Quote from: InHOGuration Ball on November 18, 2017, 10:41:12 pm
I appreciate the effort the team gave today.   Hats offs, standing ovation, and a salute!

I hope they give a strong effort next week to close out this year.  Then, hopefully, they can starting working on getting this turned around next year. 

WPS!  Go Hogs!

We've got some really special kids on this team.  Hopefully for them it's all uphill from here on. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Hats off to the players.
Their effort, for the entire game, was appreciated by the fans.

" GO HOGS "

hog911

The defense played hard, they just tired out. The offense had so big plays, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with really bad play calls in critical moments!

FANONTHEHILL

Our seats for this game were row 1 behind the defense bench seats.  The defensive coaches and players were locked in for this game.  No give up at all.  Rhoads and Hargreaves were engaged and on the guys the entire time.  I think it's worth noting that after the game a few guys were devastated.  They stayed on the bench and didn't go to midfield after the final horn.  Several of the Miss St players crossed the field and sought them out.  Told them to keep their heads up.  For someone who's son is experiencing this season firsthand, it was an emotional moment.  Much respect for those young men from Mississippi State.  The kids showed heart yesterday.  We should be proud of them.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

The NewEra

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 19, 2017, 08:38:12 am
Our seats for this game were row 1 behind the defense bench seats.  The defensive coaches and players were locked in for this game.  No give up at all.  Rhoads and Hargreaves were engaged and on the guys the entire time.  I think it's worth noting that after the game a few guys were devastated.  They stayed on the bench and didn't go to midfield after the final horn.  Several of the Miss St players crossed the field and sought them out.  Told them to keep their heads up.  For someone who's son is experiencing this season firsthand, it was an emotional moment.  Much respect for those young men from Mississippi State.  The kids showed heart yesterday.  We should be proud of them.

Whoever comes in as head coach next year is going to have a much more talented and capable group of players to start with than many on here and across the nation would like for people to believe.  They proved yesterday the can and will play.

hogifino

oldhawg

Quote from: Poppa Tart on November 18, 2017, 03:19:46 pm
I was proud of the players. No doubt. I texted something like that to a buddy of mine, but then I realized I was finding comfort in a moral victory against Miss St, and I felt dirty. Fortunately, this one can easily be blamed on coaching.

Take comfort in knowing this is not the Mississippi State of a decade and more ago.  Dan Mullen has done a tremendous job there.  What a difference a good coach can make.

The NewEra

Quote from: oldhawg on November 19, 2017, 09:03:56 am
Take comfort in knowing this is not the Mississippi State of a decade and more ago.  Dan Mullen has done a tremendous job there.  What a difference a good coach can make.

You've got that right.  We've lost four of the last five games to them and I can't think of one game where coaching wasn't the determining factor. 

code red

I would agree that the effort was better. But I don't know how much congratulations goes out. Mississippi State played as bad as they could play yesterday. The linebackers played for the secondary played poor.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Big_Red_1

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 18, 2017, 03:56:45 pm
Yeah. Felt bad for our CBs, looked like the WRs were pushing off on several plays and never called.
I agree.   I said this to a mixed group of fans, State and Hog, and was teased.
I'm fond of pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.   Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

OFTEN WRONG BUT NEVER IN DOUBT!!!