Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeff Long out a distraction for Basketball Team

Started by BRHogfan, November 15, 2017, 11:54:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BRHogfan

As much seemingly boundless Joy there is coming from Monday Morning Quarterback, is anyone else kind of ticked off about this AD uncertainty coming right at the start of a very promising basketball season?

hogwood

Quote from: BRHogfan on November 15, 2017, 11:54:07 am
As much seemingly boundless Joy there is coming from Monday Morning Quarterback, is anyone else kind of ticked off about this AD uncertainty coming right at the start of a very promising basketball season?

Yes. Stupid football meatheads.

KlubhouseKonnected

I'll admit my first thought was "I hope this doesn't rock the boat for basketball" But it really should not. As long as they don't hire a complete fool, MA is set to keep the train headed up hill.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Cinco de Hogo

What exactly is the AD supposed to do for the basketball team pray tell? 

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

TexHog188

Football is the cash cow for all other sports at the university that aren't basketball and baseball. You can't ignore where that program was heading simply because the basketball team has started a promising season. The team is on solid footing and will carry on with the interim director of athletics. I'm quite certain Mr Long will leave the keys to Bud Walton Arena with her. 
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

hoglady

Mike Anderson isn't close to having a hot seat.
Don't see how the Jeff Long firing affects the basketball team one way or another.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 15, 2017, 11:04:57 pm
I mean... HOW? How does this make any sense?

In the immortal words of Dean Webber..................zero point zero.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Ranger

Hogberry Snortcake