Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't sleep on New Mexico St

Started by Sweet Feet, September 24, 2017, 06:38:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

This should be an easy win, but NMSU has a decent RB and a couple of good WR's, One of which is 6'6 and athletic. They came close to beating an Arizona St team that just beat Oregon.

Offense shouldn't have a problem, but think this will be a well needed tune up game for the defense.

TDHawgs

At this point, nothing would surprise me.. nothing.

Sed76

Considering our awesome 3-4 defense still can't stop the run or pass I'd say there is some cause for concern.

1highhog

Doesn't matter, even if we beat them we have South Carolina and Bama right afterwards so we will be 2-4 and basically done for this season.

jkstock04

This ain't a pushover team. Think they smell any blood in the water?

I see them as about one notch down from A&M. We will have to come ready to play. If they somehow have a half way effective defensive plan...watch out for the possibility of Toledo part 2.

Good question when considering this game...does the team fold tent and give up? Does Bielema lose this team? I thought we played pretty hard against A&M...will we see similar effort against New Mexico st?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ShadowTheHedgehog

Come on guys this is really sad. We are going to beat them soundly.

bennyl08

NMST went toe to toe with ASU, losing 37-31, who just beat Oregon.

Won 30-28 against NM

Lost 27-24 against Troy

and won 41-14 against UTEP.

Their defense isn't something we should lose too much sleep over, but they can and will score some points. They are averaging over 30 ppg.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 24, 2017, 07:26:09 pm
This ain't a pushover team. Think they smell any blood in the water?

I see them as about one notch down from A&M. We will have to come ready to play. If they somehow have a half way effective defensive plan...watch out for the possibility of Toledo part 2.

Good question when considering this game...does the team fold tent and give up? Does Bielema lose this team? I thought we played pretty hard against A&M...will we see similar effort against New Mexico st?

What has SC shown to suggest that they will beat us?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 24, 2017, 08:12:35 pm

Absolutely nothing which means they will most likely have their best game of the year.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ShadowTheHedgehog

September 24, 2017, 08:28:29 pm #10 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:47:40 pm by ShadowTheHedgehog
Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 24, 2017, 08:16:34 pm
I have one word Toledo!

Not the same. If they play as "bad" as they did against aTm they will hand hang 60 on NMS.

RebelliousHog

Toledo did finish 10-2 in '15. Beat us, Iowa St and A St.

NMSU on the other hand has had only 2 winning records since 2000. If they win (which I don't expect) it would e a miracle of biblical proportions.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

code red

LOL.  They would beat a@m.....and it's in Columbia at night we r toast.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

jkstock04

Not a whole lot. What does that have to do with New Mexico State?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 24, 2017, 08:12:00 pm
NMST went toe to toe with ASU, losing 37-31, who just beat Oregon.

Won 30-28 against NM

Lost 27-24 against Troy

and won 41-14 against UTEP.

Their defense isn't something we should lose too much sleep over, but they can and will score some points. They are averaging over 30 ppg.

We lost to TCU - who beat Okie State - Won over FAnM who drove a bus to LR, We had a fly by at the fist home game - Auburn's eagle will not fly before games in 2017.

The conclusion ...... it does not matter. We are going to beat NMS. Its a rent-a-win.

Etowah

We win the next two and all will be well.

We will be feeling good and hoping for an upset v. Bama.

Well...at least we will win the next two.