Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On A&M's long plays, how many guys weren't even touched?

Started by Mo_Better_Hogs, September 24, 2017, 04:31:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo_Better_Hogs

And by "touched" I don't mean made a tackle attempt that whiffed (like Mond's would-be touchdown), I mean NOT TOUCHED by a finger. Certainly not on their TD plays.

In the past, we might have seen a display of bad tackling, where we let an opposing player bounce off 4 or 5 guys. That's not fun either. But what was so discouraging about yesterday, it looked like last year. Remember Trevor Knight running like we were instructed to not tackle him?

How much is wrong when you're so out of position that you can't get a hand on the receiver/returner/running back? Or Auburn last year. When you're not even remotely close to the player, you can't even get lucky by having him trip on you. I thought, or hoped, these problems would be fixed.

DeltaBoy

Bret can fix a meal and eat but he can't fix a D after 5 years!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ShadowHawg

The word was that we gave up huge plays because of misalignment and confusion about assignments..............

last season.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 24, 2017, 04:39:17 pm
The word was that we gave up huge plays because of misalignment and confusion about assignments..............

last season.

Yes a D nothing been fixed.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tejano Jawg

The 3 over-time losses to the sorry Aggies—especially the first one—were agonizing. But, a major kick in the nuts in its own way, memories of Trevor Knight running through wide open spaces last year. How in the world did we make that guy look like a Heisman winner? So as the OP says, anything that reminds us of that is a big problem.

A blown coverage, the running game equivalent of that (misalignments x2 or 3), special teams breakdown. I'm sure it's crossed everyones mind that if just ONE of those major screwups don't happen yesterday, we win.

We seem to do just enough to lose.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork