Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hate To Break It To You

Started by Oklahawg, September 24, 2017, 01:48:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 24, 2017, 03:03:42 pm
Smile

Actually, THIS pretty much sums it up.  Not all BB's fault, either.  It's just over, for him here...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

JaketheSnake

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 02:48:45 pm
Irrational? Stupid coaching decisions are irrational and get in the way of good discussion?

Good discussion to you is circling the wagons around Bret because you are so far down the hole in investment with the guy that the only one who is irrational is you.

Every week you tell us some hocus pocus about what good this staff is doing, how the culture and environment have been changed...yada, yada, yada. Staff is doing at best, a piss poor job. He is changing the culture alright, to a losers mentality and to celebrate each victory, which are few and far between, as a super bowl victory.

It isn't the players, it is the staff. They hamstring the players. I could go on about special teams but I won't. You trot out the staff is giving 100%. Yesterday we blitzed exactly twice...Mond wet himself. We didn't do it again. He looked like a Heisman contender. You tell me exactly how that is giving 100%? How that is putting the players in the position to make plays, to win a game? Your synopsis of staff and 100% is irrational.
Blitzed twice?  We run a three front and brought at least 4 many times. 

Mind never looked like a heisman contender.  Your hatred is blinding you.  The kid went 80 on a play that was the first we saw him pull it and take off.  Every time he pulled after that he went nowhere.

You need to call Finebaum with your complaints.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:06:58 pm

Mind never looked like a heisman contender.  Your hatred is blinding you.  The kid went 80 on a play that was the first we saw him pull it and take off.  Every time he pulled after that he went nowhere.

We blitzed twice dude.

Tell me again, what was Mond's total offense?

P

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 24, 2017, 02:44:48 pm
Meh.

When the bottom line suffers, changes will be made.

Bottom line of both the Razorback foundation and the Athletic Program.

When Long gets tired of the broken record, it's in everyone's best interest to move on.

I think Bielema will be gone before Long is gone. Jeff Long has brought a lot more to the overall athletic program financially and nationally speaking, than Bielema has. They had high hopes for Bielema but for some reason (currently being debated here), he hasn't excelled as they had hoped for originally. Need a Coach who brings a couple of more wins each season that keeps the complaining masses at bay.
Go Hogs Go!

Al Boarland

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 02:51:10 pm
He has told us that Limpert boots it out of the endzone...

So, you tell me, was he blowing smoke or in 3 weeks has his confidence in the kicker?

Wow.

PRJ

You should know by now what CBB says isn't necessarily true. Especially when it comes to players or position groups.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:06:58 pm

325 yards total offense. He is a true freshman...yes, we really worked him over and slowed him down.

Your love is blinding you.

PRJ

Redhogs

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 03:07:50 pm
We blitzed twice dude.

P
I will tell you this..Mond got a helmet sticker on ESPN this morning for his "break out performance" and "coming of age as an SEC qb" against us yesterday...all so predictable....and the wheels on the bus go round and round.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 01:48:58 pm
I hate to break this to most of you, but a couple of things need to be pointed out. You can gnash your teeth, spit nails, etc., but it is how the world works these days.

1. The staff is giving 100%. That effort may not be optimized, but the staff is giving it 100%. Nothing reads more foolishly than the suggestion that coaches are just doing this for $$$. The $3M "golden parachute" by HDN was more a middle finger to UA than it was a payday.

2. The "powers that be" are not going to get all bunched up about game-to-game performances. There is no longer a booster crowd that has the ear of anyone that matters. There is no longer a booster crowd that cares to voice their feelings that aggressively. The money will be there, by and large, regardless of wins/losses. There is not longer a "choice replacement" who is supposedly in the hip pocket of a booster.

3. The buyout is not a factor, one way or the other. For CBB, for Long, for anyone wanting CBB. That can be negotiated into a non-factor.

Recalculate your concerns and frustrations without money being an issue. The optics from a stadium on Saturday will be a whloe lot more about the demeanor of coaches and players + the scoreboard and less about the number of actual butts in seats. Where this becomes worth chatting about is when the latter - butts in seats - begins to influence the coaches and players.

Drew Morgan said Bert falls asleep in meetings.  That doesn't sound like 100%.  That sounds like a coach who gives blank stares on the sideline during games.  We wonder why he does that and the answer is likely because he was sleeping in class.

WilsonHog

I want to pose a hypothetical.

You are a head football coach playing in a driving rainstorm. Would it be a rational decision to not run an offensive play from scrimmage, but instead to pooch kick it on every first down and wait until your opponent makes a mistake?

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2017, 03:09:27 pm
I think Bielema will be gone before Long is gone. Jeff Long has brought a lot more to the overall athletic program financially and nationally speaking, than Bielema has. They had high hopes for Bielema but for some reason (currently being debated here), he hasn't excelled as they had hoped for originally. Need a Coach who brings a couple of more wins each season that keeps the complaining masses at bay.

Other than the firing of Petrino which led to some brief popularity and resulted in his spot on the playoff committee (really just blind luck so to speak), what exactly has Long done that has so greatly benefited the University? Anything he has done could have been done by anyone, and probably better. I know his policies have sure ticked off a lot of long time ticket holders in both football and basketball.

The OTR

I hate to break this to most of you, but a couple of things need to be pointed out. You can gnash your teeth, spit nails, etc., but it is how the world works these days.

1. The staff is giving 100%. That effort may not be optimized, but the staff is giving it 100%. Nothing reads more foolishly than the suggestion that coaches are just doing this for $$$. The $3M "golden parachute" by HDN was more a middle finger to UA than it was a payday.

2. The "powers that be" are not going to get all bunched up about game-to-game performances. There is no longer a booster crowd that has the ear of anyone that matters. There is no longer a booster crowd that cares to voice their feelings that aggressively. The money will be there, by and large, regardless of wins/losses. There is not longer a "choice replacement" who is supposedly in the hip pocket of a booster.

3. The buyout is not a factor, one way or the other. For CBB, for Long, for anyone wanting CBB. That can be negotiated into a non-factor.

Recalculate your concerns and frustrations without money being an issue. The optics from a stadium on Saturday will be a whloe lot more about the demeanor of coaches and players + the scoreboard and less about the number of actual butts in seats. Where this becomes worth chatting about is when the latter - butts in seats - begins to influence the coaches and players.

Lanny said the reason CBB won't be fired is the buyout.  You say the buyout isn't a factor. 

Hate to side with either one of you if I'm honest but I think I'll side with Lanny in this one. 

Want to go on record as saying I'm not proud of hitching my wagon to either one of your opinions. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 24, 2017, 03:10:54 pm
You should know by now what CBB says isn't necessarily true. Especially when it comes to players or position groups.

See, this is actually a valid point.  We as fans put too much trust in our HC.  We believe everything they say as Gospel.  Not saying BB is some liar, but any sane coach ain't going to be honest a lot of the time.  Fan bases generally aren't capable of handling truth...at least not with any level of objectivity.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

LAGNAF

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 02:48:45 pm
Irrational? Stupid coaching decisions are irrational and get in the way of good discussion?

Good discussion to you is circling the wagons around Bret because you are so far down the hole in investment with the guy that the only one who is irrational is you.

Every week you tell us some hocus pocus about what good this staff is doing, how the culture and environment have been changed...yada, yada, yada. Staff is doing at best, a piss poor job. He is changing the culture alright, to a losers mentality and to celebrate each victory, which are few and far between, as a super bowl victory.

It isn't the players, it is the staff. They hamstring the players. I could go on about special teams but I won't. You trot out the staff is giving 100%. Yesterday we blitzed exactly twice...Mond wet himself. We didn't do it again. He looked like a Heisman contender. You tell me exactly how that is giving 100%? How that is putting the players in the position to make plays, to win a game? Your synopsis of staff and 100% is irrational.

Lol.

PRJ

Says the bastion of rationality?

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 24, 2017, 03:15:43 pm
I want to pose a hypothetical.

You are a head football coach playing in a driving rainstorm. Would it be a rational decision to not run an offensive play from scrimmage, but instead to pooch kick it on every first down and wait until your opponent makes a mistake?

Am I coaching against another moron such as Sumlin?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 03:07:50 pm
We blitzed twice dude.

P
Mond got lucky a few times against a mediocre defense.  He looked very average.

Maybe you only had your eyes open to us bringing more than 3 twice.

longpig

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 02:39:17 pm
Didn't trust the kicker to kick it through the EZ so you try to scheme around giving up field position. When that failed, pooch and give up field position.

The kicker had been hitting it deep all day.  We pooched a punt late to keep it out of Kirk's hands, last kickoff we kicked to him.  I'll give the benefit of a doubt to the staff and assume the kick was a miss hit.
Don't be scared, be smart.

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 24, 2017, 03:24:52 pm
Am I coaching against another moron such as Sumlin?

Well, you would be coaching in the SEC.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:25:31 pm
Mond got lucky a few times against a mediocre defense.  He looked very average.

Maybe you only had your eyes open to us bringing more than 3 twice.

Blitzed twice...

PRJ

HoggyCat

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 24, 2017, 01:51:27 pm
Then it time for empty seats , black shirts a flyover and a full page ad in the state paper!

It time for a return of the Darkside!

We never left.  Well, at least as far as Long in concerned. I've ne Ed supported that rape dismissing piece of trash.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 03:29:33 pm
Blitzed twice...

PRJ
What exactly do you consider a blitz from a 3 front?

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 24, 2017, 03:29:32 pm
Well, you would be coaching in the SEC.

I have one of the best offenses in the league, so I run Williams, Hayden and Whaley 5 times with the hope I pick up 20-25 yards in order to kick a field goal.

He literally quit.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 24, 2017, 03:15:03 pm
Drew Morgan said Bert falls asleep in meetings.  That doesn't sound like 100%.  That sounds like a coach who gives blank stares on the sideline during games.  We wonder why he does that and the answer is likely because he was sleeping in class.

When did Morgan say this?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 03:29:33 pm
Blitzed twice...

PRJ
Just watched the first two series again.  Brought more than three almost every snap.  Brought 6 once.  Brought guys from linebacker depth three times.  Agendas...

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 24, 2017, 03:35:50 pm
I have one of the best offenses in the league, so I run Williams, Hayden and Whaley 5 times with the hope I pick up 20-25 yards in order to kick a field goal.

He literally quit.

Bear Bryant might disagree.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 03:38:37 pm
When did Morgan say this?
He did say this.  It wasn't "meetings" but he said it happened once. CBB was sitting in the back of a meeting for a group and fell asleep. 

We know no context other than that, but it's easy for someone to jump on.  CBB is also overweight.  He also wears flip flops.  He also listens to reggae music. Etx

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:42:43 pm
He did say this.  It wasn't "meetings" but he said it happened once. CBB was sitting in the back of a meeting for a group and fell asleep. 

We know no context other than that, but it's easy for someone to jump on.  CBB is also overweight.  He also wears flip flops.  He also listens to reggae music. Etx

Ok, first I've heard of it.  What led him to even say it?  Should have stayed in house.

longpig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 03:17:49 pm
See, this is actually a valid point.  We as fans put too much trust in our HC.  We believe everything they say as Gospel.  Not saying BB is some liar, but any sane coach ain't going to be honest a lot of the time.  Fan bases generally aren't capable of handling truth...at least not with any level of objectivity.

Yeh, there for a while (3.9 seasons) I really appreciated the insight into the current situation with the team provided by our HC. Whatever position group was struggling we heard about it.  He was all systems are ready to go for the TCU game and that rocket exploded soon after takeoff.  Saban will be 3-0 and have countless concerns about the next matchup with The Citadel, Bielema breaks a 3 game losing streak with a rent a win and thinks he's really setting the world on fire.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 24, 2017, 03:42:04 pm
Bear Bryant might disagree.

How does that question about the rainstorm apply to yesterday's game?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 03:45:23 pm
Ok, first I've heard of it.  What led him to even say it?  Should have stayed in house.
He said it in some interview. It seemed to be a funny moment to him.

Haters have used that to try to portray CBB doesn't work hard at his job, doesn't care, whatever. 

aar0n

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 24, 2017, 02:35:20 pm
I attended plenty when Hatfield was there an they played 3 games a year in Little Rock. I am an official Darksider how gave money to get rid of Nutt. I t time for a change!

Posts like this one are why I left this site and didn't come back for a long time.  There's people like this all over this place that don't realize what they're saying is absolutely ridiculous, poster above traditionally being one of the worst. 

So you went to games 20 years ago and supposedly chipped in money to "get rid of Nutt" somehow, and now YOU deserve better?  How do you not understand how ridiculous this and half the other posters on this site are?  It's mind blowing that someone thinks like this, let alone some of the inbred trailer park groupthink that passes for "discussion" around here.   It's embarrassing to be lumped into the "Razorback fan" descriptor with the lot of you that think you can just type these posts from your lazyboy screaming at the top of your fingertips because you think you've earned something or deserve better.   

And you want to fly a banner again.  What decent coach is going to come put up with delusional fans that sit on their fat asses screaming "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" every time their fragile ego is shattered vicariously through some 18-22 year old kids they've never even seen IN PERSON?!?!  "Well, I went to games 20 years ago and I have 10 life's-worth of posts on the ole Hawwgveele,  plus i spend $15 a year on a new Hog T-shirt at the walmarks... CLEARLY I've earned the right to bitch when these kids lose a game that impacts my everyday life!"

The sad part is,  it'll only get worse with the people like this as time goes on.  Ole BillyBob will see that coach _______ coincidentally got fired after he made that one "rilllly gud" thread and thousands of posts on Hogville bitching about the coach and think he played a part, like he mattered.  See some of the posts in this thread for example.   

We are our own worst enemy and we are getting worse.

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:48:00 pm

Haters have used that to try to portray CBB doesn't work hard at his job, doesn't care, whatever.

You can call me a hater all you want but while Bert was napping the other team was out coaching us.  Proof is on the scoreboard...

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:48:00 pm

Dumb of Morgan to put it out there.  Unnecessary and foolish.

COACHINTEXAS

They had 2 weeks to prepare for a very average team and couldn't get it done. I'm seeing the same mistakes over and over on OL, DL and secondary. We also had more than a week to prepare for TCU! It's the same excuses that are getting to me. Talk is cheap and I'm not seeing improvement; it's very frustrating! I will say it once again, 3 stars will not beat 4-5 stars!! If a ton of improvement is not made across the board, I don't think we will win 3 SEC games
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

tophawg19

the pooch kick at that time was the right call but poorly executed
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hoghearted

It doesn't matter if they're giving 💯. Hey cannot get it done.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 04:06:14 pm

LS: He's in the media so much ... what do people not know about him? Any secrets you'd like to reveal?

DM: He's not very secretive. He's pretty open. I'd probably say, oh man he is going to get MAD at me for this, but he's a sleeper. He falls asleep at the most random times. Once, my freshman or sophomore year, we came into receiver meetings one day and we're watching film and Coach B is sitting in the back. He looks like he's taking notes and then the next thing you know, you hear his watch and ring hit the table and he pops up, kinda does a snort. He was sleeping! I'm sorry I'm laughing so hard while I'm telling you this, it cracks me up to think about. I said I had to go to the restroom so he wouldn't see me laughing.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/college-football/2016/09/23/qa-arkansas-wr-drew-morgan-life-under-bret-bielema-and-juice%3fsource=dam

hogcard1964

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 04:06:14 pm

It's "juvenile".   ;)

JaketheSnake

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 24, 2017, 04:05:24 pm
You can call me a hater all you want but while Bert was napping the other team was out coaching us.  Proof is on the scoreboard...
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/college-football/2016/09/23/qa-arkansas-wr-drew-morgan-life-under-bret-bielema-and-juice%3fsource=dam

Would have been 2013 or 14.

How many hours do you think these coaches work during the season?  Or even out of season?

hobhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 24, 2017, 02:35:20 pm
I attended plenty when Hatfield was there an they played 3 games a year in Little Rock. I am an official Darksider how gave money to get rid of Nutt. I t time for a change!

So you haven't been to a game in 30 years, or probably ever given to Razorback Foundation, yet you scream loudest on here. Telling.

hobhog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 04:15:33 pm

Would have been 2013 or 14.

How many hours do you think these coaches work during the season?  Or even out of season?

Nobody worked less than Spurrier and he admits it.

hawgdavis

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 02:20:30 pm
These coaches that are trying so hard...they blitzed twice yesterday...Mond peed himself when we did it...no more blitz, dude looked like a Heisman contender. Once again, it's like, hey that worked twice, let's put it in our back pocket and save it for future opponents...

No.Sense.At.All...no rhyme, no reason. To me that ain't trying, that is just earning a check.

PRJ

I saw the same. I thought we went to the 3-4 to be more aggressive instead of the bend and don't break crap we did the last 2 seasons. We should have brought pressure the entire game and made the freshmans life miserable. Had we done that we wouldn't be fussing about another loss. Also the coaches need to get over whatever problems they have with certain players get them out of the dog house and get them in the game, no excuse for our OL and receivers to be this pathetic. You know the ones, TJ, Martin , Wallace and more, got to have all hands on Deck

damgoodestuffyhog

This is fantastic news. We have been one of the worst teams in the SEC over the last 5 years without any evidence of progression. Unfortunately, it is time for a major shakeup. The toothpaste is out of the tube and the fan apathy is reaching or has already surpassed Pelphrey levels.

Bret has, in many ways, been an excellent representative for the University and deserves an honorable exit. I wonder if announcing towards the end of the season that the contract has been negotiated to end, and letting Bret coach the last few games would be fair treatment. We really need to get the next hire right and need to get the coaching search started as early as possible i.e. before other blue blooded programs. We have seen SEC coaches come in and maintain or improve transitional recruiting classes. 

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 24, 2017, 02:39:17 pm
Didn't trust the kicker to kick it through the EZ so you try to scheme around giving up field position. When that failed, pooch and give up field position.

But why didn't we just intentionally kick it out of bounds and give it to them at the 35 instead of giving them a short field? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

devildoghawg

If this is what giving 100% looks like, then we most certainly need to fire the entire staff now and move on to the next coach. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 24, 2017, 03:03:03 pm
IDK Rice. I am just going off what Bret said in the preseason. I think the guy has a good leg, for some reason, I think he isn't having him put it out of the endzone...my opinion. But then again, if he could have, wouldn't that be the move you make instead of the pooch?

PRJ

I just remember against FAMU he put them deep in the south end zone, but there was a breeze behind him, if I remember correctly. He didn't put anything in the end zone against TCU, for sure. I would have kicked it out of bounds on the last quick, but on the other kickoffs, they had returned them to the 11, 15, 19, 25, and a touchback.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on September 24, 2017, 04:23:45 pm
But why didn't we just intentionally kick it out of bounds and give it to them at the 35 instead of giving them a short field? 

Would A&M have been able to make them take a 5 yard penalty and rekick instead?

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 24, 2017, 04:28:42 pm
Would A&M have been able to make them take a 5 yard penalty and rekick instead?

That I don't know....good question.  Is the penalty an option?

I just googled it....if it goes out of bounds before going 10 yards it's a 5 yard penalty and re-kick.  There is no re-kick and 5-yard penalty option if the kick off goes beyond the 35 then goes out of bounds.  It's the receiving team's ball on the 35.  If it goes out of bounds before getting to the 35 it's their ball where it goes out.  No 5-yard penalty and re-kick in either case.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hogcard1964

Quote from: devildoghawg on September 24, 2017, 04:26:05 pm
If this is what giving 100% looks like, then we most certainly need to fire the entire staff now and move on to the next coach.

We would be better off biting the bullet now, starting up the rebuild and try to 're established our brand.  This staff has to go.  The sooner, the better.

SooieGeneris

I am not on the fire BB bandwagon-yet.. But if we don't start seeing improvement in a lot of areas between now and the end of the season, especially terrible pass blocking, I will probably get there.

Realistically, no one can expect fans, passionate fans such as ours in particular, to like or be content with what we are seeing on the field from a coach in year FIVE...

Take the the O line for instance. Please! We were repeatedly told how great a freshman blue shirt was and that it had nothing to do with shortcomings by older players that he was starting...

Nothing against the kid, but very few freshmen should EVER start on the offensive line for a Power 5 team. If he's so great, why was he benched yesterday? His redshirt is blown, will he play any more this year?

We have JC transfers, some in their in their 2nd year, who can't get on the field.. Meanwhile, I hate to break this to the ostriches of our fan base, but this program has regressed from 2016 to this point of the season.

2016 was a regression from 2015.. We are 3-8 in our last 11 games vs Power 5s... I think Bielema is a good guy, I like his personality and he had a good record coming in. I want him to succeed, but I like many am not seeing success on the field.

No one can expect the entire fan base to be happy with blowing leads against the same team 3 of the last 4 years, 2nd half meltdowns and the QB being battered like a pinata game after game..

There are still 9 games left. Hopefully we see a turnaround. If not, what are fans supposed to say?
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!