Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J Cornelious

Started by lahawg1, September 24, 2017, 11:10:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lahawg1

I never did hear what happened to him, injury report?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: lahawg1 on September 24, 2017, 11:10:42 am
I never did hear what happened to him, injury report?

"Doesn't look good" is the last official report I saw.  https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-wr-jared-cornelius-achilles-injury
Last thing we needed....

You knew it wasn't good when he lined up and just basically falls down after one step.  Awful.  Looked like Achilles tear.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hogdomer

Looked like a ruptured Achilles.

Quote from: Hogdomer on September 24, 2017, 11:18:55 am

I remember Dominique Wilkins describing when he tore his - said he felt it "curl up" the back of his foot like a snake....gives me chills thinking about it...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

lahawg1

Dang, I wish him the best.

HUGE loss, I agree, wish the kid the best and a quick recovery.

https://youtu.be/8iGVsZlyJ2Q

This says it all, as far as what we lost with him.

Pigstie

Not a doctor so how does that happen just by pushing off on the first step?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Pigstie on September 24, 2017, 12:38:35 pm

I think it just happens. Put it in a strain and it pops.

Would he be eligible for a another year? Hardship? I mean Small played like 10 years didn't he?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Like a knee, no contact usually is bad news. 

I ruptured a hamstring when I was 18 -it led to all kinds of non-contact injuries and I was never the same.

Didn't he have a back injury?  Fatigue, making up for other weak areas probably all contribute.

Quote from: HenduHog on September 24, 2017, 12:41:13 pm
I think it just happens. Put it in a strain and it pops.

Would he be eligible for a another year? Hardship? I mean Small played like 10 years didn't he?

Lol

If he could/would play another year that would be awesome. 

JaketheSnake

So as of now we lost our best RB, best DB, and best WR for the season. 

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 12:57:24 pm

I don't think it's official yet that he's out for the season(or that it's ruptured).

HogDoc

Most Achilles ruptures are related to a sudden increase/high strain acceleration move i.e. "pushing off"and/or jumping. That was exactly my first inclination when watching the re-play. Tough break, any non-contact injury for that matter.
If I Pass Gas NOW, I will Feel good NOW!!!

RazorPiggie

Si

JaketheSnake

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 24, 2017, 12:58:54 pm
I don't think it's official yet that he's out for the season(or that it's ruptured).
Sorry, I probably jumped the gun and hope I'm wrong.  Generally speaking, Achilles injuries are a time consuming recovery.

IronHog

Quote from: HogDoc on September 24, 2017, 01:22:02 pm
Most Achilles ruptures are related to a sudden increase/high strain acceleration move i.e. "pushing off"and/or jumping. That was exactly my first inclination when watching the re-play. Tough break, any non-contact injury for that matter.

Increasing evidence these type injuries are more prevelant when a player is ramping up high impact activity

In this case coming off an injury 😐
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

PonderinHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:51:23 pm
Sorry, I probably jumped the gun and hope I'm wrong.  Generally speaking, Achilles injuries are a time consuming recovery.
I'd definitely rather take an arrow to the knee...

Hogdomer

He should get a medical redshirt if he wants to come back.  Will be iffy if he can be ready by the start of the season though.

ShadowHawg

Hoping for the best for him. It looked scary because there wasn't an apparent cause and then he wasn't able to put any weight on it.

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 24, 2017, 03:51:23 pm

I just wanted to clarify for his sake, especially.  Stranger things have happened.  I think they are still waiting on tests(MRI HogDoc?)

ColinRagan

When I ruptured my Achilles I was in a cast 6 weeks and a walking boot for another 6 weeks

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 24, 2017, 11:22:01 am
I remember Dominique Wilkins describing when he tore his - said he felt it "curl up" the back of his foot like a snake....gives me chills thinking about it...

I'm sure repairs and rehab have come a long way since I tore mine.  I was in a hard cast for 3 months, a blow-up boot for nine and a hard sole shoe for another two.  Even when I got the ok I walked with a limp for another 3 months but that was between the ears.  No confidence.  One day I just noticed I wasn't limping and haven't since.  But it was a long rehab for me.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

bphi11ips

Kind of looking like Frank Broyles' last year as a coach.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawgdavis

Quote from: Hogdomer on September 24, 2017, 11:18:55 am

This is what it looked like to me as well

HogDoc

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 24, 2017, 05:11:25 pm
I just wanted to clarify for his sake, especially.  Stranger things have happened.  I think they are still waiting on tests(MRI HogDoc?)
This is correct. Images are used to validate the diagnosis and give the degree of the injury. However, one can make this diagnosis with an exam of the extremity.
If I Pass Gas NOW, I will Feel good NOW!!!

HogHomer

It just depends on the severity David Beckham tore his while play for AC Milan and it took him around half a year to get back playing. However that was close to 10 years ago so who knows how much the surgery and recovery process has evolved since then.

Wish Jared a speedy and full recovery and hope whether he stays or moves on from the program that he is successful.

STLhawg

That is how it happened to Adam Wainwright (starting pitcher for the STL Cardinals) last year.  He was batting, and it was his first push running to first base.