Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Last post from Afghanistan

Started by Ragnar Hogbrok, August 29, 2013, 08:08:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar Hogbrok

(Hopefully ever).  Just wanted to say thank you for all of the well-wishes and prayers.  Believe it or not, this forum is almost like a portal back to the great state of Arkansas.  Thanks again, everyone. 

Mods feel free to move this thread if need be.  Just figured I'd post it here to say thanks to as many people as I can.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

BUELT1

Thanks for serving!! I hope your heading home.. Go Hogs!!!!
GO HOGS GO!!!!

grayhawg

MultipleScoreGasms

smb

Thanks for serving and take care.
GeorgiaHOG

oldman1015

thank you for your service and welcome home.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Vantage 8 dude

Thanks for all you do for us. Thanks too for all the brave guys and gals who serve this great country in so many ways and in some many places around the world.

Be safe the rest of your time out of country and hurry back to the most beautiful place in the world.

rogers-hog

Thanks for your service, remember when you get home to enjoy it.

The Fort

Welcome Back Home Nate!

You should print up a sign that says "Back HOME" and tape it to a "Welcome to Arkansas" sign and get one of those pictures "worth a thousand words"

Pudgepork

Thanks for your service.   I hope you get to see all of the Hogs games live and be loud, lol

ZERO

Cheers, man. Welcome back (when you get back).
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

thefisher

Thank you for your service. It is much appreciated. Come home safe!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on August 29, 2013, 08:08:41 am
(Hopefully ever).  Just wanted to say thank you for all of the well-wishes and prayers.  Believe it or not, this forum is almost like a portal back to the great state of Arkansas.  Thanks again, everyone. 

Mods feel free to move this thread if need be.  Just figured I'd post it here to say thanks to as many people as I can.

Come home safe, brother. Welcome back and thank you again, for your service and sacrifice.
Go Hogs Go!

Pickwick Hog

Hope you get the hell out of there FAST.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Wildhog

Anyone that moves this thread can get bent.  Get home safe, buddy. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

spe450

Welcome home!  Thanks for your service.

DeltaBoy

Have a safe trip Home Craig.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogFanatic

Hopefully all these guys will be headed home and not off to freakin' Syria.
Good job, soldier.

stickhog

Thank you for your service and travel home safely!!

snoblind

Great news.  Have a safe trip home, Nate.

hoghevn

Thanks for your service.  God bless and welcome home Nate.

HogShat

Thank you Sir for your service and commitment to protecting my freedom. Hurry home safe!! WPS!

ckhawgu

Thank YOU! God bless and safe travels!!!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hoss cartrack

hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

rzrbk4life

Thank you for your service! Have a safe trip home and WOO PIG!
Let's call those hogs!!!!

PonderinHog

Great news, Nate!  Whatever you do, DO NOT visit Syria on your way home.

razorbackkid

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 29, 2013, 09:53:27 am
Great news, Nate!  Whatever you do, DO NOT visit Syria on your way home.
Yeah....he may want to avoid that area.  :)

Appreciate your service Nate.....come on home.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

phadedhawg

Thanks for all you've done and hurry home!

TexHog188

Thanks for your service and glad you will be coming home soon.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

SpareRib

Nate - Thank you both for your service to our country and for your quality contributions to Hogville.  Come home safe.

Regards -  Sparerib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Michaelt

Praying for safe travels Nate! God bless.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

OTTER

Great news Nate!  Can't wait to see your first Stateside post!!!! 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

murthage

August 29, 2013, 01:32:09 pm #35 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:43:56 pm by murthage
Nate...
Warrant Officer... the best rank in the US Army. Specialization, leadership, and no BS, just get the job done.  Greatly appreciate you and your service.  Wish you were in the White House  ;).  The Hogs can use your up close and personal support. The C-5 flight home, could be the most interesting part of your tour...  used to love those.
A comrade from the past.... retired Army COL with both active and USAR service for 30 years.  Desert Storm was my last hoorah, with special assignments involving chemical and biological operations. And, regardless of what you hear, "Dry Heat" is HOT.  :razorback: :razorback:
Seriously, welcome home and again, thanks for what you have done and do!!!!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Fair winds and following seas Nate

:razorback: :razorback:   ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

edcm1

Thank you so much for your service. God be with you on your journey home. Be safe.
NYJMSU !!

goodguytex

Nate, thank you for your service and sacrifice for me and for all of us! May God bring you home safe and sound.

WHITEPW

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Come on home, Nate....and don't let your guard down until you get here!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Blue35

Welcome home, thank you for your service. Army aviators are the best in the world. Don't you forget that.

TMc

A New Era™

Thank you for your service

:razorback:

GolfnHog

Nate, best thread of the day! Now get your backside stateside. 2 years ago you were heading out and missed the opportunity to make a game.  Upside, I'm still holding you & your young bride a place in RRS.

Come get ya some of it!!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Rooka

reddogjcss

Thanks for serving! Hope it the last time you have to go over sea and welcome home! Enjoy some college football

G-MAN

Praying for a safe and speedy return home.

DeWayne R

Thank you for your service Nat and welcome home.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

RebelliousHog

Thank you for your sacrifice for our nation. You all give up much in personal relationships and your lives to serve your country.

Let us know when you get home. Have a safe trip HOME.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci