Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leon Panetta's (Sec of Def) many trips home

Started by kodiakisland, April 19, 2012, 09:44:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodiakisland

I hate posting anything close to being political here, but thought all military members should be aware of what their leaders are doing.  With all the cuts in spending that affect members and family, plus multiple deployments, TDYs, etc., it just makes me mad to see this.  Apparently the Sec of Defense thinks it's OK to use taxpayer dollars to fly home everyother weekend.  I would have thought living in DC would have been part of the job.

QuoteThe estimated cost for all of Panetta's trips is about $860,000, almost $20,000 more than the entire scandal-soaked, four-day, 2010 Las Vegas resort blowout held by the General Services Administration.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/19/leon-panetta-worth-price/?test=latestnews#ixzz1sXdTkK7Y
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Ragnar Hogbrok

And they have Army pilots sharing hotel rooms while flying cross-country and not authorize rental cars for transportation in order to save $300ish dollars.

Typical.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Old Tusk

Quote from: wocraig on April 20, 2012, 05:40:16 pm
And they have Army pilots sharing hotel rooms while flying cross-country and not authorize rental cars for transportation in order to save $300ish dollars.

Typical.
The Army has always treated their people like shat. It is not a money issue, it is a matter of philosophy.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Flying Razorback

Quote from: wocraig on April 20, 2012, 05:40:16 pm

Typical.

Exact same thing happening to us in the Air Force too.  "Share a hotel room..."  "Well don't worry about the hotel sharing, turns out we've got no money to let you go cross country anyway..." 

And of course, finally, "What do you mean you didn't get your training requirements met?! "  Of course, training sorties are all gone...
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Old Tusk

The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke