Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paying It Forward

Started by GolfnHog, July 28, 2010, 03:42:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfnHog

This is strictly for our service members and if interested please drop me a PM. As I previously posted on the Adam Brown thread, my wife and I have started a Razorback tradition of allowing service members a chance to catch a Razorback football game. We started this 2 years ago and we've had the pleasure of meeting some truly remarkable men and women. It was for one game a year but we've decided that this year every game in Fayetteville should be enjoyed by a deserving member of our Armed Forces and his or her guest.

I will preface this by saying the Alabama and OM games are already filled. Right now this offer is for those Military Members that have served under combat duty status. By that I mean you've served in Afganistan and/or Iraq or have orders to go in the immediate and foreseeable future. More importantly, you MUST BE FROM ARKANSAS, married to someone from ARKANSAS  and LOVE THE HOGS to be eligible.

Understand we are not doing this for any recognition as the respect and appreciation we both hold for the job you do allows us to pay it forward in a small way.

Thanks
TxRzrbak

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

countryhog

now is never here but the past is always present

the 1 and only

molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

hogginbama

Quote from: TxRzrbak on July 28, 2010, 03:42:39 pm
This is strictly for our service members and if interested please drop me a PM. As I previously posted on the Adam Brown thread, my wife and I have started a Razorback tradition of allowing service members a chance to catch a Razorback football game. We started this 2 years ago and we've had the pleasure of meeting some truly remarkable men and women. It was for one game a year but we've decided that this year every game in Fayetteville should be enjoyed by a deserving member of our Armed Forces and his or her guest.

I will preface this by saying the Alabama and OM games are already filled. Right now this offer is for those Military Members that have served under combat duty status. By that I mean you've served in Afganistan and/or Iraq or have orders to go in the immediate and foreseeable future. More importantly, you MUST BE FROM ARKANSAS, married to someone from ARKANSAS  and LOVE THE HOGS to be eligible.

Understand we are not doing this for any recognition as the respect and appreciation we both hold for the job you do allows us to pay it forward in a small way.

Thanks
TxRzrbak

I believe that I speak for all service members when I say that you are truly a great person. It is kind gifts such as this that mean so much to my brothers in arms. If there is ever a thing that I can do for you, do not hesitate to ask. That is the least I can do for someone trying to do a great thing for those of us currently serving.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

AirForceHog

TxRzrbak

I want to say thanks for the oppurtunity you gave me and my wife last year. It was such a blast and we greatly appreciate the wonderful time we had.

For whatever service memeber gets to take part in the kindness imparted here know that it is worth it.

Great seats too.

AFH
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

ADAM_713

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

hogman

Man that is awesome. I would take you up on it, except i'll be heading back to the Stan during football season :(. Never been to a game. I appreciate what you're doing!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: hogman on August 08, 2010, 12:00:31 am
Man that is awesome. I would take you up on it, except i'll be heading back to the Stan during football season :(. Never been to a game. I appreciate what you're doing!

Funny you say that, I'm in the 'Stan now, and I won't be home until the day of, or after, the LSU game.  Talk about timing.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

GolfnHog

Quote from: hogman on August 08, 2010, 12:00:31 am

Hogman, when do you deploy? Can you make the Tn Tech game?

Quote from: wocraig on August 09, 2010, 01:55:58 pm
Funny you say that, I'm in the 'Stan now, and I won't be home until the day of, or after, the LSU game.  Talk about timing.

WoCraig- You back in time for the bowl game? This may work for you my friend!

If you guys know some Razorbacks that are coming home, let me know. I appreciate your help in this.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hogman

I am being vetted for my TS right now for a State Dept. Clearance. I'll be in VA for 6-8 weeks for training starting around Sept. 15th. I might be home for the month of November. Its soo unsure that I don't want you to waste a ticket on me though. I could be gone at any moment. I love that you're doing this though! Amazing person you must be. Give wocraig a ticket. After hearing him talk, i've been to his locations and know that he's in the real deal. If he can make it, he's a true hero. (SSgt Thomas, USAF, EOD)

GolfnHog

Quote from: hogman on August 10, 2010, 01:01:08 am
I am being vetted for my TS right now for a State Dept. Clearance. I'll be in VA for 6-8 weeks for training starting around Sept. 15th. I might be home for the month of November. Its soo unsure that I don't want you to waste a ticket on me though. I could be gone at any moment. I love that you're doing this though! Amazing person you must be. Give wocraig a ticket. After hearing him talk, i've been to his locations and know that he's in the real deal. If he can make it, he's a true hero. (SSgt Thomas, USAF, EOD)

SSgt Thomas- PM me as your schedule permits. If we can't get it done this year, we've always got the years ahead. Just keep your ole EOD self safe.

hogman

razorbacker231

Quote from: TxRzrbak on July 28, 2010, 03:42:39 pm
you MUST BE FROM ARKANSAS, married to someone from ARKANSAS  and LOVE THE HOGS to be eligible.

Thanks
TxRzrbak

can we just provide a twitter copy of certificate of live birth or something?  It seems to work in DC.   ;)

Just kidding, couldn't pass it up.

That is a great thing you are doing though.  It is nice to see people put their actions where only most people mouths are, in saying they support the troops I mean.  You are a good citizen.  I am in NWA and don't need tickets, but want to recognize that I appreciate your support.

and +1 to you

WHITEPW

Awesome deal  but I have my own tickets and am in on R and R right now.  Thank you hope you continue to do this.  Thank you from all service members.

Flying Razorback

Txrzrbak I'm in awe right now.  This is really incredibly generous and amazing that you are doing this.  If you ever need any help keeping this going please let me know, it's initiatives like this that really help some of us keep it in perspective.  I'm stationed only a few hours away here in Oklahoma and one of the guys in my squadron just came back and is going to the Alabama game with his parents.  He's very excited that he gets to do this right after coming back.  Definitely shoot me a PM some time if you need help keeping this going, I'd love to help if you need it.  I'm really glad that people like you are still out there.  It reminds us all how great this country really is.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Cartoon Man

AR_dustoff

Quote from: hogginbama on July 31, 2010, 09:17:55 pm
I believe that I speak for all service members when I say that you are truly a great person. It is kind gifts such as this that mean so much to my brothers in arms. If there is ever a thing that I can do for you, do not hesitate to ask. That is the least I can do for someone trying to do a great thing for those of us currently serving.

I concur.

CPT, US Army

GolfnHog

This little endeavor has been well received but with that being said, the UTEP game is still available if any of you fine men and women know of anyone that would like to attend. The 2 tickets are in the SEZ outdoor seating, Sec 224. Currently those tickets are sitting in the safe begging to go to the game!

I would like to extend my deepest appreciation to everyone but especially a couple of command staff guys that have stepped up to the plate to help me fill these games. They know who they are and as I've come to appreciate, they damn sure don't want any personal recognition but the help and guidance was invaluable. You guys and gals that put on your respective uniforms each and every day are truly amazing human beings.

We already have a "tentative waiting list" for next year so my wife and I are going to see about getting another pair of tickets in some other section of the stadium to add to this program so that 2 service members and a their guest can attend instead of just one.

Chris Mc, make sure none of your friends likes you so much next year that they feel the need to get married during the Hogs season. Yes, my man you still have 1st dibs next year.

Please allow me to say, once again, our family is forever indebted to each of you for the life you've allowed us to live and the great freedoms we enjoy. Godspeed to each and everyone of you and stay safe....there are Hog FB tickets waiting on you if you can come to Fayetteville.  WPS

a wild boar

What an amazing gift - thank you from a Navy LT!
What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.

Cartoon Man

GolfnHog

Bumping this for our service members. I will say that the Alabama game, LSU game and one other game are currently spoken for. If interested and you can make a game in Fayetteville for the 2012 season, drop me a PM.
Thanks
GR

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Glenn (TxRzrbak) R on August 09, 2012, 11:18:04 am
Bumping this for our service members. I will say that the Alabama game, LSU game and one other game are currently spoken for. If interested and you can make a game in Fayetteville for the 2012 season, drop me a PM.
Thanks
GR

Glenn, thanks so much for affording me an opportunity to see the Razorbacks. Awesome Retirement present.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!