Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MISTAKE about to beat Bama! yeahhhhh!!

Started by cityhog, March 04, 2006, 05:51:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cityhog

cityhog

I knw it doesn't improve our seeding in the SECT by tying them (if we win tomorrow), but at least the books will show we tied for 2nd this year. MAJOR IMPROVEMENT

Razorbacks#1

If we win tomorrow, we are tied with Alabama. What determines the seeding in the SEC tournament?
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

cityhog

They somehow own the tie-breaker on us even though we split.  Can't remember why.  Anyone?

Hugehogsfan

cityhog

wincrimson

So what? This doesn't matter.

Bama is already the #2 seed in the West.

Hugehogsfan

I mean it is nothing but positive to tie them.  First of all we are in second place doesn't matter about seeding in the SECT.  Second you get a cheesy first round game (hopefully) where you play a lower teer east team (Georgia) and hopefully you get an easy win that propels you to the finals after beating a Kentucky or Tenn.  I mean you can't ask for more. 

cityhog

msudawgs64

Yea!!!  Wish us beating them would have helped you guys more.  Hell we need more Senior Nights, they are good to the home team.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Hugehogsfan

We could care less about you being the #2 seed.  All that means is that you will lose your first round game and we have a chance to at least win one. 

cityhog

wincrimson

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 04, 2006, 06:02:45 pm
We could care less about you being the #2 seed.  All that means is that you will lose your first round game and we have a chance to at least win one. 

Whoopee for you. That won't matter either.

Unless the Hogs or Tide win the tournament, both of us are locked into a seed between 7 and 9.

Pignominious

I thought to myself earlier today, "MSU is going to beat Bama today."   ;)

If we win tommorrow we would not be considered the 'last' sec team in.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

wincrimson

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on March 04, 2006, 06:07:00 pm
I thought to myself earlier today, "MSU is going to beat Bama today."   ;)

If we win tommorrow we would not be considered the 'last' sec team in.

Like that matters as well.  ;)

Bama beat Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, and LSU. Did the Hogs? We also have a higher RPI and strength of schedule.  :-*

So in essence........ none of that "last team in" crap matters. It's where you play and who you are where you are seeded.

Pignominious

Also a win tommorrow would put us at 8-2 in last ten, as opposed to Bama's 6-4.  A loss and we are both 6-4.

cityhog

OK woopie! for us!  You right it doesn't matter, but I happen to enjoy Bama getting beat no matter what the occasion or ramifications. 

Roll Tide Roll, around the toilet and down the bowl!

cityhog

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on March 04, 2006, 06:11:01 pm
Also a win tommorrow would put us at 8-2 in last ten, as opposed to Bama's 6-4.  A loss and we are both 6-4.

That doesn't make sense.  Wouldn't we be 7-3 if we lose?

wincrimson

Quote from: cityhog on March 04, 2006, 06:11:19 pm
OK woopie! for us!  You right it doesn't matter, but I happen to enjoy Bama getting beat no matter what the occasion or ramifications. 

Roll Tide Roll, around the toilet and down the bowl!

Tell me... why is that?

cityhog

Do I really need a reason?  But since you asked, I'll tell you.  I was a young boy at the '79 or was it '80 Sugar Bowl where Bama beat the Hogs.  I was crushed becuase I was like 11 or something.  I have hated Bummer ever since. 

and scene.

wincrimson

Quote from: cityhog on March 04, 2006, 06:17:07 pm
Do I really need a reason?  But since you asked, I'll tell you.  I was a young boy at the '79 or was it '80 Sugar Bowl where Bama beat the Hogs.  I was crushed becuase I was like 11 or something.  I have hated Bummer ever since. 

and scene.

Weird reason. But whatever. The Hogs have always been my second team due to family ties... moot point though.

Hog1751

Yo Win Crimson your loss today was good for us because unless you win the SECT we probably just moved outta the 8-9 game to a 7 seed and you fell to an 8 seed. Your RPI will plummet and ours will remain about the same. No offense I dont dislike Bama but the loss helped us alot, but only if we take care of our buisiness.

cityhog

Quote from: wincrimson on March 04, 2006, 06:18:39 pm
Quote from: cityhog on March 04, 2006, 06:17:07 pm

and scene.

Weird reason. But whatever. The Hogs have always been my second team due to family ties... moot point though.

A loss that is burned onto your early childhood sports brain isn't a "weird" reason.  Ask how many people here hate Texass because of a demoralizing loss sometime during their sports memory.  Anyone back me up on this?

btw - Glad you like the Hogs.  Sorry I cannot return the love.

chiefsfan

Quote from: cityhog on March 04, 2006, 06:12:23 pm
Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on March 04, 2006, 06:11:01 pm

That doesn't make sense.  Wouldn't we be 7-3 if we lose?

not necessarily.  If we are 7-3 in our last 10 games right now and win tommorow, we will either be 7-3 or 8-2.  Lose and either 7-3 or 6-4  Because the last 10 games you have played change with every game you play... Im thinking that right now our last 10 still includes the Kentucky game...

As I do the math it occurs to me that our last 10 games will include the Kentucky game.  However if we beat Georgia, and then beat them or SC in the tourney first round that the Kentucky game would not be included in our last 10  leaving us at 8-2.  Make it to the semifinals, and we erase the LSU loss from the last 10 games as well.

wierd huh?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hog1751 on March 04, 2006, 06:18:48 pm
Yo Win Crimson your loss today was good for us because unless you win the SECT we probably just moved outta the 8-9 game to a 7 seed and you fell to an 8 seed. Your RPI will plummet and ours will remain about the same. No offense I dont dislike Bama but the loss helped us alot, but only if we take care of our buisiness.

If MSU's RPI improves, so does ours.  If Bama's goes down, so does ours.  we end up evening out...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

98hogs

Dang MSU beat them bad!  LSU and Tennessee both struggled today. 

SpaCityBulldog

BlakeHOGfanatic

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on March 04, 2006, 05:58:22 pm
They beat LSU.

Bama will get in as the #2 seed in the Sec tournament if we do tie with 10-6 records because they beat us by 3 and we beat them by 2 it has nothing to do with them beating LSU or our record against the SEC west.

hogfancb

March 04, 2006, 07:42:25 pm #29 Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 10:15:50 pm by hogfancb
If the Hogs win tomorrow, will the loss of Alabama to Mississippi State help the hogs in seeding for the NCAA Tournament?

UADrummer

Actually Blake Hog, the seeding in the SECT does rely on the division records, not the win/loss margins.  The tie break is 1st our record against the other teams in the west, and then if still tied, our record against the number one team in the west (LSU).  It is all on the SECSports website.

silvertip

Quote from: wincrimson on March 04, 2006, 06:03:56 pm

Unless the Hogs or Tide win the tournament, both of us are locked into a seed between 7 and 9.

U wrong about that, CrimsonBoy. Although your pitiful, stinking, suckass loss to MissStake tonight will not affect SECT seeding, it will go a long way toward Hawgs getting a much better NCAAT seeding than you pitiful poisonuos swamp scum. Know whut I mean, redneck?

WPS!!! Can you believe that MissTake beat the BAMMERS??
How sweeeet is that??? WOOOOPIGGGGSOOOIEE!!!

wincrimson

Quote from: silvertip on March 04, 2006, 10:40:05 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on March 04, 2006, 06:03:56 pm

U wrong about that, CrimsonBoy. Although your pitiful, stinking, suckass loss to MissStake tonight will not affect SECT seeding, it will go a long way toward Hawgs getting a much better NCAAT seeding than you pitiful poisonuos swamp scum. Know whut I mean, redneck?

WPS!!! Can you believe that MissTake beat the BAMMERS??
How sweeeet is that??? WOOOOPIGGGGSOOOIEE!!!

Not only is that a classless post, it's also pretty hilarious considering that both Alabama and Arkansas split with Miss State this year. In other words, you lost to them as well. So does that mean that the Hogs are pitiful, stinking, and suckass as well? Of course not. Any team can beat any team on the road in this conference.

Grow up and show a little more class.

silvertip

Quote from: hogfancb on March 04, 2006, 07:42:25 pm
If the Hogs win tomorrow, will the loss of Alabama to Mississippi State help the hogs in seeding for the NCAA Tournament?

I'm pretty sure it will help our NCAAT seed as compared to BAMA. BUT, I'm also preety sure it won't help our SECT seed vs Bama. As far as SECT seed---FIRST, Hawgs need to beat UGA Sunday to tie Bammer for 2nd at 10-6 in SEC-W. But, I think even with that, Bammer still wins the tie-breaker for #2 in SEC-W for the SECT. Based on Bammer beating LSU.

ANYWAY, WPS!!! & Screw BAMA!!, Know whut I mean??

Pignominious

Don't get to highly affended WinCrimson remember you are on a Hogs board.   ;)

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

GO HOGS tomorrow baby...

Alabama sucks

No boobies for Alabama
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

wincrimson

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on March 04, 2006, 10:53:21 pm
Don't get to highly affended WinCrimson remember you are on a Hogs board.   ;)

And???

Btw, it's "offended." ;)

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07