Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do you think of scheduling Michigan St. , Marquette, Tulsa next season

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 04, 2006, 02:22:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Plus they could market it as a Teacher (Tom Izzo) -vs- Student's   approach.  It would give us much needed exsposure to the Big10 recruiting area (Ohio, Michigan, Illinois).

Six current Division I head coaches all served as assistants to Izzo, including Stan Joplin (Toledo), Tom Crean (Marquette), Stan Heath (Arkansas), Brian Gregory (Dayton), Mike Garland (Cleveland State) and Doug Wojcik (Tulsa).
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Lokirain

I like playing Tulsa, they are close and it used to be a tradition. MSU and Marquette are great. MSU usually starts off the season cold, so let's take advantage of that.

Pignominious

Quote from: Lokirain on March 04, 2006, 02:42:48 pm
I like playing Tulsa, they are close and it used to be a tradition. MSU and Marquette are great. MSU usually starts off the season cold, so let's take advantage of that.

Plus they would not have the same talent level as us next year.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

MDW

I remember when Heath was hired he said he didn't want to play Michigan State unless he absolutely had to in a tournament format.

cityhog

I wish we had something like the ACC/Big 10 challenge w/ the Little 12 vs. SEC in the early season.

hoggystyle78

TuckFexas

Quote from: cityhog on March 04, 2006, 05:59:04 pm
I wish we had something like the ACC/Big 10 challenge w/ the Little 12 vs. SEC in the early season.

I'd like to see that.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.