Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CollegeFootballNews.com's SEC Spring Preview (Articles)

Started by GrizzledHogFan, March 04, 2006, 02:20:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

FLKeysGuy

"Head coach Houston Nutt got his star quarterback, but it was made very clear early on that Mustain is going to redshirt"

Either it's a misquote or Nutt's talking out of his back hole again.  M16's gonna compete for the starting job beginning in June.  Dick may be really good, but he's not a Mitchell Mustain.  You just don't win every national accolade without having something to back it up.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 04, 2006, 02:30:56 am
"Head coach Houston Nutt got his star quarterback, but it was made very clear early on that Mustain is going to redshirt"

Either it's a misquote or Nutt's talking out of his back hole again.  M16's gonna compete for the starting job beginning in June.  Dick may be really good, but he's not a Mitchell Mustain.  You just don't win every national accolade without having something to back it up.

I wondered about that as well.  Something is screwy somewhere.

FLKeysGuy

I think it's old interview info being recycled for something to print.  Mitchell has made it abundantly clear that he's gonna fight for a starting spot.  If Casey (or anyone else) beats him out, he'll redshirt.  But it's gonna be a fight.  My money's on Mitch.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 04, 2006, 02:42:02 am
I think it's old interview info being recycled for something to print.

I'm hoping that's the case.  I'm guessing that there will be more than a few unhappy fans if they hear that Mitch is being forced to redshirt without being given a shot.

FLKeysGuy

March 04, 2006, 03:12:20 am #5 Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 03:21:19 am by FLKeysGuy
Quote from: gmb_79 on March 04, 2006, 02:45:49 am
Quote from: FLKeysGuy on March 04, 2006, 02:42:02 am
I think it's old interview info being recycled for something to print.

I'm hoping that's the case.  I'm guessing that there will be more than a few unhappy fans if they hear that Mitch is being forced to redshirt without being given a shot.

this is what I think:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,50976.msg583285.html#msg583285

this is why:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,50362.msg570718.html#msg570718

MrJones

College Football News is one of very few who give us any respect or pub for that matter but they don't alwyas get things right. They Olajabutu leaving at one point and a few other things that it you were indeed a college football news web site you would know. It kind of irks me that they think we'll just be treading water this year.

Kilgor

[on soapbox]

They also have us losing our place kicker Steve Balsiero.  It's Chris!!!  How freakin hard is it to read a roster?

While I'm griping, what's up with the BB announcers constantly calling Charles Thomas either Darrien Townes or Charles Townes?  Give Charles his due.  Geeze.

[off soapbox/]
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

RBLtoHOG

haha I was wondering the other night who Charles Townes was... i figured they might have worked together for the reboud or something ;)
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Foots

Quote from: Kilgor on March 04, 2006, 10:27:20 am
[on soapbox]

They also have us losing our place kicker Steve Balsiero.  It's Chris!!!  How freakin hard is it to read a roster?

While I'm griping, what's up with the BB announcers constantly calling Charles Thomas either Darrien Townes or Charles Townes?  Give Charles his due.  Geeze.

[off soapbox/]

If they call Thomas anything it should be Busta Rhymes. He looks just like him.

stan the man

What is amazing to me  is that a placekicker has more influence on winning or loosing a game than nearly any other single player on the football team and for some stupid reason they usually are not offered scholarships.  It's no wonder we usually have a mediocre placekicker.  What is the deal with that.  Do they offer scholarships based upon time spent in a game or what.

hogsta