Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baseball game on Radio in Ft Smith?

Started by Nutts and Bolts, March 03, 2006, 06:57:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

GrizzledHogFan

You can try KHGG 1580 AM/103.1 FM.  They're part of the baseball radio network, but I don't know if they'll actually carry this game.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

TulsaHawg

There is a rain delay.  Hasn't started yet.

BadDogGHSDogPound

103.1 carries the exact program 1580 does now days.

Last night NONE of the Fort Smith stations carried the game, but all of them are tonight.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

OklaU

I hate the fact that every sports station I turn on has the hog game on.  I had to listen to Dave Ramsey and Michael Savage.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

BadDogGHSDogPound

Didn't really shock me last night either, I said to myself it's 10:30 and neither station has someone there to flip the switch. It's just another example of how Fort Smith is an after thought to NWA.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

OklaU

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 03, 2006, 11:23:12 pm
No, it's an example of having radio stations so small that everybody working there is pulling triple and quadruple duty. Something odd comes along, like the UA baseball game starting at 10:30 p.m. and you don't have enough bodies to get somebody to stay until 1:30 or 2 am to switch the station back to overnight programming.

I'd guess that several stations around the state didn't carry that game for the same reason. If it'd been football or basketball, they could have justified the overtime because of the added advertising revenue those sports bring. Razorback baseball, while growing in popularity, doesn't make as much money for a radio station as a typical high school football game.

It seemed like every FSRG sports station had the hog game on plus ESPN Radio and others.  I mean why have it on all the stations.  Don't get me wrong it's important to have on, but not on EVERY channel.

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: OklaU on March 04, 2006, 05:03:12 pm
Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 03, 2006, 11:23:12 pm
No, it's an example of having radio stations so small that everybody working there is pulling triple and quadruple duty. Something odd comes along, like the UA baseball game starting at 10:30 p.m. and you don't have enough bodies to get somebody to stay until 1:30 or 2 am to switch the station back to overnight programming.

I'd guess that several stations around the state didn't carry that game for the same reason. If it'd been football or basketball, they could have justified the overtime because of the added advertising revenue those sports bring. Razorback baseball, while growing in popularity, doesn't make as much money for a radio station as a typical high school football game.

It seemed like every FSRG sports station had the hog game on plus ESPN Radio and others.  I mean why have it on all the stations.  Don't get me wrong it's important to have on, but not on EVERY channel.

Last I checked...Ft.Smith is in Arkansas.  So...you will here the game.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

OklaU

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 04, 2006, 05:26:32 pm

I agree. I don't understand it either. But during football season, they've made a smart move by putting OU games on one station. Given the number of Sooner fans right across the border, it's smart business-wise.

Well the OU games and Hogs games don't always coincide.  But I am happy that they have the Sooner Games on.

BTW Scott, is someone planning on replacing that Jimmy guy on sports in the fort, I enjoyed Grant much better.  I just don't find it interesting listening to him talk about his "5 ex-wives" and how "Shea at the Diva" cuts his hair.  Whoopie Doo.

OklaU

Quote from: OklaU on March 04, 2006, 10:59:05 pm
Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 04, 2006, 05:26:32 pm

I agree. I don't understand it either. But during football season, they've made a smart move by putting OU games on one station. Given the number of Sooner fans right across the border, it's smart business-wise.

Well the OU games and Hogs games don't always coincide.  But I am happy that they have the Sooner Games on.

BTW Scott, is someone planning on replacing that Jimmy guy on sports in the fort, I enjoyed Grant much better.  I just don't find it interesting listening to him talk about his "5 ex-wives" and how "Shea at the Diva" cuts his hair. Whoopie Doo.  Those comments are "somewhat" funny the FIRST time but not on every broadcast.  Then Steve Rinky gets on there and they go on and on about him not having any hair.