Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Every Case Scenario

Started by RazorHawg16, March 03, 2006, 05:12:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorHawg16

I will start from the worse case scenario and head to the best. Correct me and put insight into this post please.

we lose to Georgia and lose first round of SEC tournament....We get in as a 10 or 11 seed.

We lose to Georgia or lose the first round of the SEC tournament and win the other..if the game won is in the SEC tournament we lose in the second round....... we get in as a 9 10 or 11 seed.

We lose or win at Georgia and win 2 games in the SEC tournament.......we get in as a 7,8,or 9 seed. The win at Georgia plus the 2 wins in the SEC tourny will probably get us a 7 seed.

We win at Georgia and make it to the SEC Championship game.......we will probably get a 7 seed still yet maybe get in as a 6 seed.

If we win at Georgia and win the SEC Championship game.......we will be in as a 6 seed at least and maybe even a 5 seed.

thoughts and opinions.......just my .02 cents worth.

Tater Salad

How bout this: We get in no matter the result of the rest of the games

there's my 2 cents

im not worried about our seeding

hawgfan80

We should be in no matter what. Losing at Georgia and first round of SEC Tourney would make it interesting but should still be in. The other scenarios/seeds all depend on what happens in other conference tournaments.

pfrg999

Win The SECT we should be a 4 or 5 seed...IMO  I'm Biased
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

thehill1414

I agree...we probably get a 5 if we win out. What if we lose to Georgia and then go win the SEC tourney? Maybe a 6? Seeding does matter...alot. We don't want the 8 or the 9, anything else from 12-10 and 7 and below is good with me, just please don't give us the 8-9 game!

bigred7987

I hate 5 vs. 12 games
oh well we could probably ruin alot of brackets of people picking the always popular 5 vs. 12 upset

silvertip

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on March 03, 2006, 05:12:35 pm
I will start from the worse case scenario and head to the best. Correct me and put insight into this post please.

we lose to Georgia and lose first round of SEC tournament....We get in as a 10 or 11 seed.

We lose to Georgia or lose the first round of the SEC tournament and win the other..if the game won is in the SEC tournament we lose in the second round....... we get in as a 9 10 or 11 seed.

We lose or win at Georgia and win 2 games in the SEC tournament.......we get in as a 7,8,or 9 seed. The win at Georgia plus the 2 wins in the SEC tourny will probably get us a 7 seed.

We win at Georgia and make it to the SEC Championship game.......we will probably get a 7 seed still yet maybe get in as a 6 seed.

If we win at Georgia and win the SEC Championship game.......we will be in as a 6 seed at least and maybe even a 5 seed.

thoughts and opinions.......just my .02 cents worth.

Good analysis, RazorHawg. But I think if we beat UGA & win the SECT, that will be at least a 5 seed & maybe a 4.

While we're getting to the final of the SECT, I would like to see us face KY in the 2nd game. Because beat KY & LSU---then Hawgs will have beat every other SEC NCAAT team in their "LAST 10 games."

FLA, BAMA,TN, KY, LSU---all falling to the Hawgs before Selection Sunday. Then, might as well go ahead & win the SECT. Which adds another win over FLA or TN to those 5. All that could well put our RPI around 30 or lower.

RPI is just the starting place for the seeding process. Last 10 games is also huge. A 28 RPI would be a 7 seed if that's all that mattered. But a run to the SECT championship or runner-up would be more important. I see a 4 or 5 seed if that happens. WPS!!!!

VoR

Sunday's conference final won't affect seeding as long as it's 2 of the top 6 seeds in the finals, they'll be too busy figuring out what ifs for other lower seeds. If we lose at Ga. and 1st game we're probably an 11 seed, win Ga. and lose 1st round my guess is 9th. lose in 2nd round either 8 or 9 seed, lose semi-final (depending on who and how much) 6 or 7 seed, go to finals, either a 5 or a 6 seed (if we get the 5 seed we could go anywhere, if we get the 6 my guess they would try to send us to Dallas)
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

Razorbacks#1

Here's my next prediction. We beat Georgia. We win 3 games in the SEC tournament. After that I'll make another prediction.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

FLKeysGuy

I predict that anything I predict would be wrong.  ;)

That's one of those brain twisters like, "if you're traveling at the speed of light and turn on your headlights, does anything happen?" ;D