Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

billy packer: coach of the year

Started by fu-man-soo, March 03, 2006, 09:38:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwarazfan

I heard the interview and he was kidding.  He gave credit to Williams and Pearl for coaching those players to wins too.

RedSatinHog

Another profound assertion by one of the most mindless, bandwagon-jumping jackassess in all of sports.

So given that logic, if Heath departs UA after this season, another coach comes in and makes a Final Four run, Heath is the national coach of the year? :puke:
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

SigPig

hogfan064

Buzz Peterson is actually doing a great job this year at Coastal Carolina.  They've won 20 games and are playing for a tourney birth against Winthrop on Saturday.  Buzz will probably be Big South Coach of the year.  The Chanticleers haven't made the NCAA tourney since the early 90s when they almost upset Bobby Knight.

hogsNbeer

Billy Packer SUCKS!   I can't stand that guy... :puke:

12under

how does he keep a job?  i dont know anyone who likes him, but i dont know everyone.

SigPig

i DO know everyone- i mean everyone- and your right...nobody likes him- not even his own mother. ;D

12under

Quote from: SigPig on March 03, 2006, 09:51:08 am
i DO know everyone- i mean everyone- and your right...nobody likes him- not even his own mother. ;D
i guess i was the last person to meet you.   nice to meet you!

SigPig

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: SigPig on March 03, 2006, 09:42:53 am
Packer is a stooge

Hey! That's an insult! I oughta slap your face for that you feather-brained imbecile!

Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

SigPig

i just laughed out loud at work. Thanks for that

Isn't Billy Packer the guy Nolan made his most famous qoute to "A blind man could have seen that"?
Steve Spurrier, Florida football coach, telling Gator fans that a fire at Auburn's football dorm had destroyed 20 books: "But the real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (1991)

pigndblanket

Is he the guy that says the defense is in "MAN TO MAN"?

That gets on my nerves!

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: 1994 on March 03, 2006, 11:03:39 am
Isn't Billy Packer the guy Nolan made his most famous qoute to "A blind man could have seen that"?

Indeed it was sir. Right after the national semifinal win over Arizona in '94.

RedSatinHog

And if you go back and watch the clip immediately after they returned from commercials heading into that interview, you'll notice Nolan letting Packer have it.  They apparently had quite a pointed exchange of words during the break, and it looked to me like Nolan was doing most of the dishing out.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

SuperHog

Billy Packer should be #1 enemy of the state of Arkansas simply for his comments in the final seconds of regulation against syracuse in the 2nd round of the '95 tournament.  When Lawrence Moten stole the imbounds pass, on the broadcast of the game you can clearly hear Packer saying...and I quote

"We got it!"

Then Moten saved the day for the Hogs by pulling a Chris Webber.

I love Lawerence Moten.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

hawkeyefan17

pigndblanket,

I think the guy you are thinking of is Bill Raftery. At the begininng of games he always says "and (insert team name here) goes man to man!" That's always gotten on my nerves but overall I like Raftery when he does games.

HogsRule

This threads about over, but I just wanted to add my 2 cents. Packer is the biggest tool in broadcasting. Idiot.

SuperHog +1 karma for ExciteBike
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

silvertip

Quote from: nwarazfan on March 03, 2006, 09:40:18 am
I heard the interview and he was kidding.  He gave credit to Williams and Pearl for coaching those players to wins too.

Did he manage to mention Duke in there somewhere?

Allister Fiend

Huh, huh...You said "Packer"

What is a Billy Packer anyway? Maybe a goat $#@%er?

Makes you wonder.

3kgthog

In case Fudge Packer didn't mention Duke, I'll do it for him. Coach K is a saint. Never has a man been able to curse at players and referees and still maintain his angelic qualities like Coach Kommercial.  ::)

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: pigndblanket on March 03, 2006, 11:05:50 am
Is he the guy that says the defense is in "MAN TO MAN"?

Do you think that is a strange expression?  It is the proper one.  Where do you think the short name "man defense" came from?  Saying "man defense" is just man to man chopped off.
[CENSORED]!

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on March 03, 2006, 11:09:03 am

Billy Packer also said that Duke would win the title game because they played "smarter" ball than Arkansas.  Wasn't too smart of Billy to say that either.

"We can't get no reform when we're the incumbent" - Pappy O'Daniel

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Hog_from_Tulsa on March 03, 2006, 05:01:41 pm

Billy Packer also said that Duke would win the title game because they played "smarter" ball than Arkansas.  Wasn't too smart of Billy to say that either.

You know I really wish that Nolan would have just cold-cocked him. I would have paid money just to see that.

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on March 03, 2006, 05:09:25 pm

You know I really wish that Nolan would have just cold-cocked him. I would have paid money just to see that.

I'm afraid there wouldn't have been much left of Billy after that......

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Hog_from_Tulsa on March 03, 2006, 05:10:59 pm

Yeah! ;D :) Wouldn't that have been a shame.

Hog_from_Tulsa

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on March 03, 2006, 05:16:26 pm

Tears in my eyes from laughter

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Hog_from_Tulsa on March 03, 2006, 05:38:18 pm
Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on March 03, 2006, 05:16:26 pm

Tears in my eyes from laughter

Thangya verrnuch!

HairyHog

Billy Packer...  a know-it-all Jerk. Almost as bad a Dick Vitale. 

Broken Trigger

Billy Packer is his real name?  I always thought it was a nickname.  ;)

BTW, he finished a close second to Trev as my worst sports commentator in the other thread.

Lokirain

Packer is a complete moron. Nuff said.