Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

akahogfan

Well, it looks like the thread only works for out-of-conference games.  :(

hog.goblin

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

Maybe we should start a new thread for the next game.

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

olivebranchhog

Lol no superstition in the world would have won us this game. We just aren't as good as LSU. I friggin hate to say that more than anything, but they are the better team. The better team doesn't get pounded for 13 hits and 9 runs.
Hopefully next time we meet we will be the team that plays better.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

Bigham made a nice play there.  Our D has been good lately, very good.

hog.goblin

Looking forward to a non SEC team ok Wednesday

Pistol Pete

June 15, 2009, 09:21:41 pm #8609 Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:23:39 pm by Pistol Pete
Quote from: jdhogster on June 15, 2009, 09:18:12 pm
bad umps + bad night at the plate = bad night for our team

I don't know about you guys, but Darr seemed to be our good luck guy (especially with the FSU SR) and when VH lifted him for a PH, I scratched my head.  Not saying that was the main reason for tonight's performance, but hey, don't mess with the mojo.

Agree with you about Darr... but that didn't send 3 balls over the fence for LSU. I hate it too, but give them credit. We don't have to be a$swipes like LSU people are.

jdhogster

so here's a question.....(sorry if I am thinking ahead)

Do you pitch DK on Wed. hoping for win and then pitch Eibner on Friday (with having to play on Saturday if Ark wins on Friday)?

or how do you see the possible pitching lining up for the Hogs from here on out?

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: rzrbackrob on June 15, 2009, 09:19:41 pm
The Hogs play at what time Wednesday?
I think 1, and if we win 6 again vs. LSU, but I could be wrong
ched come back pls

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Clint Alan

oldbear

Winner of this game does not play until Friday.

TuckFexas

Quote from: jdhogster on June 15, 2009, 09:21:44 pm

Do you pitch DK on Wed. hoping for win and then pitch Eibner on Friday (with having to play on Saturday if Ark wins on Friday)?

or how do you see the possible pitching lining up for the Hogs from here on out?

Give Smyly a chance. We need DK against LSU when we play them in the semi's
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Clint Alan

bad guy

swinging bunt

TEAM               1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    R    H    E
Lousiana St       3   1   0   0   0   5   0   0   0    9    13   0
Arkansas           1   0   0   0   0   0   0   0         1    8    2

0 runs, 0 hits, 1 walk, 1 men left

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Sigh.. if it weren't for that damn Erin andrews I would have turned this game off by now
ched come back pls

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

jdhogster

Quote from: Pistol Pete on June 15, 2009, 09:21:41 pm
Agree with you about Darr... but that didn't send 3 balls over the fence for LSU. I hate it too, but give them credit. We don't have to be a$swhipes like LSU people are.

If you notice, I said that the Darr move was not the reason we lost tonight, just stating my observation of when I thought maybe the momentum moved way into LSU's favor.  We got schooled tonight, LSU did A LOT right.  I don't think that equates me trying to be like the LSU fans.  Just sayin'

jfred59

Clint Alan

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Clint Alan

Nolan Cain on the mound for LSU

5-0, 4.60 ERA

jdhogster

Quote from: TuckFexas on June 15, 2009, 09:23:20 pm
Give Smyly a chance. We need DK against LSU when we play them in the semi's

I think that is a good take on it.

hog.goblin

chiefsfan

Quote from: jdhogster on June 15, 2009, 09:21:44 pm

Smyly has to start wednesday.  short rest isnt good for Keuchel whose back bothered him Saturday.  go with Smyly.  hope he is on his game, and then worry about Friday when we make it there
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

We need Smyly to go the distance against Vir and win.  Vir isn't your typical very average team.  If we don't hit and hit well, we go home no matter the pitcher.

HogFansReunited

What pisses me off is this game was very winnable.  We started the wrong pitcher and brought in House when we should have left Darr in.  What really killed us was we left so many runners stranded in scoring position.  I'm sorry but I don't think DVH did a great job today.  No I am not calling for his head or anything like that, I just think he made a few big mistakes.  The team overall played well we were just beat.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

jfred59

Worry about winning Wednesday and then Friday and then Saturday and then Monday then Tuesday

rzrbackrob

Very few teams have enough pitching to win it all from a losers bracket and the Hogs are not one of them. Lets hope for a miracle

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Clint Alan

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

ergggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
ched come back pls

BobbyVanPelphrey

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Ok, LSU won the most storied tradition poll?

Big question: who tought the coonasses how to text?
ched come back pls

chiefsfan

Quote from: hawgsav1 on June 15, 2009, 09:25:02 pm
What?  No chin music?

dont think we need any suspensions with a possible 3 elimination games in a row coming up
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

jdhogster

OH is making jokes about the umps getting scolded for a call that just happened.  HP and 1B umps for sure should be banned from working the rest of the CWS

Clint Alan

hog.goblin

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

ched come back pls

rzrbackrob

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 15, 2009, 09:26:24 pm
What pisses me off is this game was very winnable.  We started the wrong pitcher and brought in House when we should have left Darr in.  What really killed us was we left so many runners stranded in scoring position.  I'm sorry but I don't think DVH did a great job today.  No I am not calling for his head or anything like that, I just think he made a few big mistakes.  The team overall played well we were just beat.

DVH needed to put a left handed hitter in there with the bases juiced. Our right handed hitters had almost no chance.

Clint Alan

razobak

Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

chiefsfan

By the way if you really want superstitions.  after today its very likely Van Horn doesnt use the white uniforms again this year

PorcineSublime

Is Smyly still in Omaha with the team? I thought someone posted that his grandfather passed.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.