Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To all who participated in the Roti draft tonight....

Started by WindyCityHog, March 20, 2005, 11:47:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCityHog

My apologies.

It was awful.  I've NEVER had a problem like that before, but then again, I've never participated in a  MLB.com site.

I have sent a nasty e-mail to the site....and I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Don't let the problem keep you from participating.  Live and learn.....Unless the site does something otherworldly to appease, this will be the last year that site is used.

I'll keep you posted.

Razorback Jedi

It was so awful, it was actually funny.

My team sucks.

Oklahawg

My roti leagues have been going for about 20 years and there is a league historian. He found that the team that won generally didn't hit first place until Memorial Day, or even later. What looks like a bad team today can magically become a great team tomorrow. Playing time will change and the teams with holes today are the ones most likely to be able to drop someone and get the new stud.

Case in point: Alex Sanchez was waived by the Tigers. He went from solid mixed-league production to nothing. Then, signed by Tampa Bay, he becomes modestly solid pick-up. The big winner is either Craig Monroe or Nook Logan of the Tigers. Monroe was looking at 300 ABs, at best, this year, and Logan was headed for AAA. Now, Monroe is looking at 450 ABs and Logan could get the 300 that Monroe was formerly going to get.

A number of teams will change closers this year. The former closer becomes worthless and the new closer becomes very valuable.

There are a number of minor leaguers who will come up and make an impact later in the year. Will Gavin Floyd get a rotation spot in April or June? What about Scott Baker or JD Durbin of the Twins? What about Dustin McGowan, who is ahead of the curve recovering from Tommy John surgery? He could be a #2 SP with the Blue Jays by July 1st.

One final thought. If your team is not very good, don't try to turn it into a 10-category juggernaut. Trade intelligently and you can punt 2 categories but be strong in the other 8. That can get you in the "money" positions (top 5). And, focusing on a category or two can get your "top-week" performances in one of the categories.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Razorback Jedi

I'm in it for the long-haul -- don't know how well I'll do, but still will play hard.

big dread hog

It will be the little things that make a lot of difference.  For as many screw ups as MLB had and bad computer behavior, the teams came out pretty equal. No absolute losers, not even Mossfan in next day analysis. I hate MLB and it's games, but future fantasy games have been targeted by MLB which has a multimedia offshoot that has set in motion fees to be paid by any outside group that could drasitcally impact internet fantasy games as we now know it. There was a $50 mil contract that is essentially going into the pockets of owners if the CDM legal challenge is shot down.