Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chicken Fried Rice - Upper West Side

Started by twistitup, January 30, 2018, 08:05:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Levy could set up some sort of Wok Station on the Upper West Side - it's fast, it's easy --- why not?

Some chicken fried rice would be a nice change of pace at halftime.

Next time you eat fried rice, think about how good it would taste at a football game.

Levy can stock up all the cold rice left over from the dining hall the previous week - great for fried rice, great PROFIT
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

tusksincolorado

Quote from: twistitup on January 30, 2018, 08:05:02 pm
Levy could set up some sort of Wok Station on the Upper West Side - it's fast, it's easy --- why not?

Next time you eat fried rice, think about how good it would taste at a football game.

Levy can stock up all the cold rice left over from the dining hall the previous week - great for fried rice, great PROFIT

Chicken on a stick!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

twistitup

Johnny Bobo

twistitup

Gotta have some soy and hot mustard packets available....have extra on hand Levy - it's not the same w/o it

plus I don't mind sipping on a little soy late in the 4th.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: twistitup on January 30, 2018, 08:05:02 pm

How you have over 5000 +1's is beyond me

hawg1221

twistitup

Quote from: Pork Ranger on January 30, 2018, 08:34:55 pm

You mad?

...or got food poisoning from fried rice as a kid?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: twistitup on January 30, 2018, 08:39:24 pm
You mad?

...or got food poisoning from fried rice as a kid?

I love the smell of MSG in the morning, especially before the 11:00 am game.😉
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hoggish1

pigture perfect

Quote from: Pork Ranger on January 30, 2018, 08:34:55 pm
I would give him 5000 more if he could actually get us Asian food in RRS.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Nashville Fan

I'm more of a Thai garlic pepper chicken guy. How about bacon cheeseburgers on krispykreme donut buns?
Pittman or Bust!

k.c.hawg

Gator on a stick.....one of my favorite festival treats ever. Done right, tender as hell with texture. Next time Florida is in DWRRS there should be 20,000 lbs of gator on a stick!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Tejano Jawg

I've been an Upper West Deck guy for 10+ years. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Hey, how about this...use the Upper West as a "culinary lab" of sorts. Every home game, someone signs up and mans a new food station. I'm still looking forward to the waffles and eggs benedict for that first 11 AM game.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

go hogues

Making me hungry.

Could be a gesture to the state's rice farmers/exporters as well.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Razorbax

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 30, 2018, 10:22:08 pm
I've been an Upper West Deck guy for 10+ years. Looking forward to what you come up with.

Hey, how about this...use the Upper West as a "culinary lab" of sorts. Every home game, someone signs up and mans a new food station. I'm still looking forward to the waffles and eggs benedict for that first 11 AM game.

I would be happy as Hell if they just made pop tarts available to us up there.

twistitup

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 10:01:56 pm
Next time Florida is in DWRRS there should be 20,000 lbs of gator on a stick!!

Interesting idea.

twistitup

Quote from: go hogues on January 30, 2018, 11:06:42 pm
Making me hungry.

Could be a gesture to the state's rice farmers/exporters as well.

Razorwok...sponsored by Riceland - no doubt about it.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: twistitup on January 30, 2018, 08:31:47 pm
Gotta have some soy and hot mustard packets available....have extra on hand Levy - it's not the same w/o it

plus I don't mind sipping on a little soy late in the 4th.
Excellent. Just think of the boom in Pepsi sales!

twistitup

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on January 30, 2018, 10:22:08 pm

It's the Upper Westside Revival - it's like when they remodel the nasty part of town, then everybody wants to live there...

That's what the Upper West will be in the future - where fans WANT to be. No more hot water and cold coffee - instead a cutting edge culinary experience.

Hell....Rice told me he was thinking about giving up his 'high end' tickets to be a part of this new Upper West Side Revival (think the fried rice really sold him on the idea)

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

twistitup

Quote from: Nashville Fan on January 31, 2018, 06:06:17 am
and Corn dogs for LSU.

no doubt about it....a theme food to intimidate the visitors.

hawg1221

Quote from: Razorbax on January 30, 2018, 11:14:51 pm
That wasn't chicken

That's funny. I was going to make a comment about all the stray dogs around here, but I didn't want to agitate any puppy lovers.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

USChog

As long as the concession lines are better than last season I will be happy with any food.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Some chicken teriyaki on a stick or some tempura battered garlic buttered shrimp on a stick. Hell yeah.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Mo_Better_Hogs

Twist, didn't you propose the early morning "breakfast burrito" idea too? I don't care which one gets done, just so one gets done!

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Nashville Fan on January 31, 2018, 06:06:17 am
and Corn dogs for LSU.
Nah..hot chocolate for that bunch.....puts em asleep 👍😁
BTW, how appropriate that "twist it up" would start a thread about food hehe  ;)

The OTR

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 30, 2018, 08:08:04 pm
I'll allow it

It doesn't appear that your opinion means that much around here. 

twistitup

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on January 31, 2018, 02:29:19 pm
Twist, didn't you propose the early morning "breakfast burrito" idea too? I don't care which one gets done, just so one gets done!

I did...we have discussed brunch for 11am games (including breakfast burritos) - this fried rice idea would prob be best for afternoon / evening games.

But...since quality fried rice DOES have scrambled eggs, it might make a decent brunch dish. Razorwok Breakfast Bowl maybe? Fried rice, scrambled eggs, Bacon or Sausage, Green onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc (customer chooses the meat/veg combo)

Brunch w and Asian twist can be part of the Upper West Side Culinary Revolution  (UWSCR)

Possibilities - endless

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I'm thinking, for homecoming, we might have a potluck.  People bringing their favorite soup, chili or chicken and dumplings would be awesome.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Ethan2010

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 30, 2018, 10:01:56 pm
Gator on a stick.....one of my favorite festival treats ever. Done right, tender as hell with texture. Next time Florida is in DWRRS there should be 20,000 lbs of gator on a stick!!
The hogs really need to support their south east Arkansas fan base......
I say coon supper concessions.

twistitup

January 31, 2018, 03:57:26 pm #35 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:09:51 pm by twistitup
Quote from: Ethan2010 on January 31, 2018, 03:52:49 pm
The hogs really need to support their south east Arkansas fan base......
I say coon supper concessions.

I'm an all inclusive type of guy - would not want for SE Arkansas fans to feel shafted...

There are no state laws on the buying and selling of coon for meat in Arkansas - it's an absolute free for all. The fans would really feel like they had a part in helping the UofA solve their concessions dilemma if they could help provide coon.

Maybe those in charge would consider opening a coon depository on campus. Fans could hunt (and trap) coons for the Razorback games and deliver them to a refrigerated drop point; they would be held there until gameday preparation takes place.

Coon is a very versatile protein.

Rule #1 - One foot must be left on the carcass so we can positively identify it as a coon.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 31, 2018, 02:00:11 am
I would be happy as Hell if they just made pop tarts available to us up there.
+1

Yeah, maybe we nail down the BRUNCH logistics before we step out to other cuisines. Although, I do love all Asian foods (but I'm a little fuzzy on the nuances of Korean.) But brunch with an Asian twist, maybe there's something there, with the egg tie-in. Or, I used to do some traveling in Central America, and those pasty black beans with cotija cheese sprinkled on top was a rocking breakfast side!

The idea of the lower-level people giving up their primo seats to join the fun of the upper deck...that is hilarious. I'm glad my 4 tickets up there are secure.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 31, 2018, 04:44:54 pm
Do you have to bring that up right meow.!?

"Chicken" Fried rice....the "purr-fect" stadium treat.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 31, 2018, 03:26:23 pm
It doesn't appear that your opinion means that much around here.

Neither does yours.

Cargill A. BullHog

I like this idea.  Theres a food truck in Clinton that serves the best Hibachi style chicken fried rice.  Smother it in soy sauce and hot yum yum.  I think we're gonna head down off the mountain today
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hog-Corleone

Can we just eliminate all of the restaurants in the south end zone, and make that a food truck only area?  Line'em up Food Truck after Food truck, we could 15 or 20 in there, fresh tacos, fresh phillies, man the possibilities.

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

bob slydell

All these are great ideas twist.  However, someone is going to have to take on the task of coming with ideas to upgrade the plumbing to meet the demand that you will surely be creating.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

sasnakrafan

Well my folks own a restaurant that serves really good SE Asian Food. I have the waistline to prove it. Point me the direction and I'll see how much the UA would charge for a standalone cart sheltered location. Thanks!