Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Mississippi State game thread

Started by hogfan13, January 07, 2006, 05:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

taintlint

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 07, 2006, 09:13:52 pm
You can stick a fork in this years bb season. MSU is not that good. I really thought we'd start 3-0, now it may could easily be 0-3. We'll go 8-8, 7-9, whatever.
What he said....

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan14 on January 07, 2006, 09:14:20 pm
You can stick a fork in this years bb season. MSU is not that good. I really thought we'd start 3-0, now it may could easily be 0-3. We'll go 8-8, 7-9, whatever.

MSU was 10-3

their biggest win was George Mason...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan13

CIA

NOBODY should ever refer to our offense as a "motion offense" again...ever!
Somebody needs to explain what MOTION means.
We look like 5th grade boys standing around the perimiter holding up our hands and calling the guy with the balls name to throw it to you.  No screens, no cutting.
JFB should MOTION for Stan to leave.
"Tradition is the last bastion of hope for present day losers"....ME!

ICEman

We got beat by a team ranked #112 in the current Sagarin ratings.  I have my doubts about this team --- just not enough mental toughness to win the close road games down the stretch.  Bye the bye I find it strange that Arkansas bred players that find themselves on Mississippi teams seem to a have field day against the Razorbacks, wereas our Mississippi bred player, Townes, goes 0 for 7 from the field and with no free-throws.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

HeathHateMe

You piss around and piss around and piss around and this is what happens.  I hope someone in the media starts laying it on Heath.  Make him pay for those dumb comments about MSU's schedule.  Rob Keys had some pretty good smart a$$ columns about Nutt.  I hope he does the same.

I know everyone saw what Ole P did on the road at Bama and Ole P isn't very good at all.

Is Hipsher making any difference.  Should we just write this game off as a fluke or is it a sign that we are in for more of the same.  I want to be optimistic but why should I?
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Razor6

The kids miss the free throws in a game... but who is responsible for preparing them for that opportunity?
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

ballhog™

2-23 on the road...no excuse for that...like losing to Vandy at home
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Razorod

this team and coach are very fragile. this was a winnable game and they didn't do it. any finish above .500 in sec play, at least in my mind, included a win tonight. next two games--extremely important. must win both, a split won't do.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

lunchbox72703

taintlint

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 07, 2006, 09:15:23 pm

MSU was 10-3

their biggest win was George Mason...

Stan later this week on his daily radio slot------"Boy, we sure tried hard..... We just have to hit those free throws and get focused......blah blah blah"

Here is an idea.....stop being a [CENSORED] coach,grab a kid by the jersey, get in their face, and demand a winning effort. Throw a chair if you have to. Stop trying to be their friend.

msudawgs64

11-3, 1-0 SEC, geezus we suck.. ;D

Pretty much the same thing Heath said in his press conference without actually saying it, that schedule comparision, now what does this say about Heath?  Rhetorical question, I already know the answer..

We may be the worst team in America but you guys have the worst coach in America, I would not trade that for the world since we can get better, Heath won't.   
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

hogfankb

who is responsible for teaching them how to shoot free throws? they should have learned how to do that in 8th grade. and thomas and brewer who missed a lot just had off nights. normally both 70%+.

CIA

I loved the announcers comments about Heath on Hill...."Stan says you should see Hill play offense in practice".
Well guess thats makes Stan look like the moron since he cant get him to carry it over to a game. 
Hill did play a little better on offense tonight but avgs less than 3 a game.
The only difference in this year and the last 3 is some of our guys are older.....not better....just older.
"Tradition is the last bastion of hope for present day losers"....ME!

Boarcephus

MSU was 10-3

They are not that good man.  We should have beat this team easily and didn't.    This is going to be a long and disappointing year.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hoggysoprano

I bet Nutt is glad Basketball conference season is here, it will take some of the focus off his season when Heath is laying a bigger egg.  Two of the best five players in the conference and we lose to Miss ST. Heath sucks.

Amityvillehogger

Kentucky got cold cocked in the jaw by Kansas today, do yall think their fans are giving up on them?  The same Kansas team we beat?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

taintlint

Quote from: msudawgs64 on January 07, 2006, 09:19:55 pm
11-3, 1-0 SEC, geezus we suck.. ;D

Pretty much the same thing Heath said in his press conference without actually saying it, that schedule comparision, now what does this say about Heath? Rhetorical question, I already know the answer..

We may be the worst team in America but you guys have the worst coach in America, I would not trade that for the world since we can get better, Heath won't.

That has been my line of thinking for four years. Heath, who I have bashed for four years, is in way over his head. He can recruit but what does that matter? Maybe he should have joined the Army if all he wanted to do in life was be a recruiter. Heath stinks but the men on this board feel like he is incredible because he racks up wins against nobodys.

PorcineSublime

Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

rjmass

I think we write this one off as the rooster crowing  and a good wake up call.

First game that went down to the wire sense Kansas. 

We will see how this team comes back on Wednesday.  LSU took Uconn down to the wire just like this game, LSU was on the road, we had better be ready or we will be in trouble.

I am not going to give up on them yet, I would require 500 free throws at every practice.  That was the big difference in teh game. 

Just my opinion.
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

BigHog396

Heath has no chance.  The ONLY player we have on this team is Brewer.  Thomas has improved, Jefferson has improved, Modica has improved, but none of them are SEC caliber players.  Thomas may be eventually, but not yet.

taintlint

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 07, 2006, 09:21:31 pm
Kentucky got cold cocked in the jaw by Kansas today, do yall think their fans are giving up on them? The same Kansas team we beat?

Winning is demanded and expected there. Here in Fayetteville winning is placed second to hiring a 3rd tier coach, simply based on the color of his skin, in order to avoid the image of Nolan being correct or Broyles being a cross burner.

Boarcephus

Kentucky got cold cocked in the jaw by Kansas today, do yall think their fans are giving up on them? The same Kansas team we beat?

Tubby hasn't been missing the NCCAT and matter of fact, won one of the mothers not too long ago. He's a proven commodity, Stan.....
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogfan13

Here are the stats

Arkansas 
Name               FG  3Pt  FT  PF  Pts

Ronnie Brewer 8-20 1-6 7-11 2  24 

Eric Ferguson   2-7  2-6  0-0  1  6 

Steven Hill       5-8  0-0  0-2  2 10 

Dontell Jefferson 0-3 0-1 0-0 1  0 

Sean McCurdy   0-1 0-0  0-0  2  0 

Cyrus McGowan 1-1 0-0  0-0  1  2 

Jonathon Modica 8-18 2-6 2-2 1 20 

Charles Thomas   2-3  0-1 1-4  3  5 

Darian Townes   0-7   0-0 0-2  5  0 

Totals 26-68 5-20 10-21        18  67 
Percentages: .382 .250 .476   

Razor6

Quote from: rjmass on January 07, 2006, 09:22:50 pm
I think we write this one off as the rooster crowing and a good wake up call.

First game that went down to the wire sense Kansas.

We will see how this team comes back on Wednesday. LSU took Uconn down to the wire just like this game, LSU was on the road, we had better be ready or we will be in trouble.

I am not going to give up on them yet, I would require 500 free throws at every practice. That was the big difference in teh game.

Just my opinion.

I agree.  I'll be there on Wednesday givin' them love and support.  But someone has got to send them a bigger message!

Good luck piggies on Wednesday. 

hogfankb

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 07, 2006, 09:24:14 pm

Tubby hasn't been missing the NCCAT and matter of fact, won one of the mothers not too long ago. He's a proven commodity, Stan.....

Did you watch the game today. If tubby is such a great coach i would definitely take our offense over kentuckys. They have WAY more trouble scoring in a half court game than us.

HogHeathen

that was a bad loss.  we have much more talent than them.  we played down to competition again.  im am getting sick of losing ALL hog games that should be a win.

HogHeathen

oh...and our half court defense was horrible tonight...to many layups

Razor6

they had 2 of their biggest scorers out...  their freshmen were whoopin on us

mountainhog

Cant win a game if you dont shoot freethrows ,, less than 50%  ..  un-frickin-believable..  Im so mad i wont be able to sleep ,  this is a game we should have NEVER lost............

hogfankb

the defense was horrible. gave up way too many layups. including one with under a minute left with us up 2. we were beat down the floor for most of the night

Randall baumgartne

all & all modica had a very good game.it just seems like the razorbacks always waits to the last min.to get their heads out of behine and tonite they waited to long &they got beat by a bunch of rookies it makes me sick

PorcineSublime

The one positive, Steven Hill finally figured out that it is ok to shoot. Maybe we can get on a roll and turn this thing around. If not I am almost afraid that i will have to join the new coach band wagon. I still think that Stan will be a  good coach some day. I am just not sure if I am willing to wait till it happens. I will withold judgement until the end of the season, and hopefully by that time I will be so excited by the baseball team that I will not even care. WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Boarcephus

Quote from: hogfankb on January 07, 2006, 09:27:14 pm
Did you watch the game today. If tubby is such a great coach i would definitely take our offense over kentuckys. They have WAY more trouble scoring in a half court game than us.

Tubby has never missed the tournment while at UK and won an NCAAT while under Stan we can't even get invited to the dance.  If you're asking me who would I pick if given a choice, it's Tubby Smith in a heartbeat.

msudawgs64

Quote from: Randall baumgartne on January 07, 2006, 09:29:54 pm
all & all modica had a very good game.it just seems like the razorbacks always waits to the last min.to get their heads out of behine and tonite they waited to long &they got beat by a bunch of rookies it makes me sick

I truly like Modica, he is a scrapper and always gives us fits.  Everytime the ball got in his hands I can say I was not happy.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

mountainhog

Macgyver_Hawg

Amityvillehogger, Kentucky fans are steaming mad over the loss at Kansas today and want Tubby out.  Have you been on their boards today?

BigHog396

How bad does LSU beat us Wednesday night?

ballhog™

imagine if we had their players and they had ours what the score would have been.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Boarcephus

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on January 07, 2006, 09:32:56 pm
Amityvillehogger, Kentucky fans are steaming mad over the loss at Kansas today and want Tubby out. Have you been on their boards today?

Maybe JFB will hire him if he needs a job.

BigHog396

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 07, 2006, 09:34:15 pm
Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on January 07, 2006, 09:32:56 pm
Amityvillehogger, Kentucky fans are steaming mad over the loss at Kansas today and want Tubby out. Have you been on their boards today?

Maybe JFB will hire him if he needs a job.
Lord I hope not.  I can't stand Tubby, and why would we want Kentucky's rejects?

Randall baumgartne

not a good night for the pigs mm didnt commit yet jags getting man whipped by pats bb team lost, I gonna just go sleep it off later

HogHeathen

msudawgs...why don't you go hang out on your own message board?

Razor6

well applauded HogHeaten...

Why be here the WHOLE game msu?

mountainhog

they almost beat uconn, so i figure they wont have any prob. with us...I dont know if i can wait the whole season to jump off SH bandwagon,  specially if they play like they did tonite.  Of course, he wasnt the one shooting the basketball or the freethrows!!! But he did the recruiting!

Zen_Hog

Because theres not enough MSU fans over there

Boarcephus

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 07, 2006, 09:35:13 pm
Lord I hope not. I can't stand Tubby, and why would we want Kentucky's rejects?

Petino, Sutton, and Tubby would be hard to turn down based on our current status.

hogfankb

I am just trying to show that a supposedly great coach looks horrible if he his players don't execute. Kentucky looks a lot like us this year talent wise. Very good defensive team but no true scorer. And what happens when they play a decent team, they can't score. I'm not saying Heath is a great coach and if we don't win 9 or 10 games in SEC play i will be right with yall on the new coach bandwagon. But i really think tonight was just an off shooting night.

msudawgs64

no problems guys, I will move along now..
Quote from: Razor6 on January 07, 2006, 09:37:30 pm
well applauded HogHeaten...

Why be here the WHOLE game msu?

why not?  Lanny (hSv) don't seem to have a problem with me being here and he owns the board.  Sorry if some of you are apparently offended by me being here but I am calling it like I see it, if Hogs would have won I sure the hell would have congratulated you on the win.  But sure I can go hang out at my own message board, makes me no difference really.

Boarcephus

Quote from: hogfankb on January 07, 2006, 09:39:00 pm
I am just trying to show that a supposedly great coach looks horrible if he his players don't execute. Kentucky looks a lot like us this year talent wise. Very good defensive team but no true scorer. And what happens when they play a decent team, they can't score. I'm not saying Heath is a great coach and if we don't win 9 or 10 games in SEC play i will be right with yall on the new coach bandwagon. But i really think tonight was just an off shooting night.

No problem man.  Lots of frustrated folks these days.  If we make the 3 pointer at the end, the fans rejoice, we didn't, we bitch.  :)