Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Mississippi State game thread

Started by hogfan13, January 07, 2006, 05:57:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shocktheman

msudawgs64

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

hogfankb

ferguson was wide open and we had to have thomas shoot a 3

Randall baumgartne

that freaking sucks its gona be a long stinking year

hogken

one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

ballhog™

that's who we want taking a 22 footer with the clock running out ...thomas
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Hoggysoprano

WindyCityHog

FT shooting and Townes.....

Same ol', same ol'.

zortoes

hogstorm

well...   i know its our first road sec game but honestly i think this is a lot of what we have to look forward to the rest of the year.  msu is not good and wasnt very good tonight

campbell

awful, thomas with the last shot, why isn't McCurdy out there.

Why is  a big man out on top shooting the 3?

Macgyver_Hawg

Stan Heath, 2-23 on the road in the SEC.

Amityvillehogger

yeah i guess its heath's fault that townes sucked donkey dick tonight and we couldnt make shots.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

DezNuttstehsuq

Umm.... our half court offense is... offensive

Heath should have a scourge at practise wildly whipping the backs of his players while they shoot freethrows til they puke.

PintailKiller

I've been a Heath supporter and still am, but why in the hell can he not see that the Hogs are at their best playing Nolan ball - let the defense start the offense?  This slower, motion offense is crap.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

hogfan13

Zen_Hog

ferguson was wide open!! Brewer could'nt see him i guess. eh

hogfankb

shouldn't have been that close. free throws cost us that game

ballhog™

Please tell me they weren't missing their leading scorer...please tell me they weren't starting 4 freshmen.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

taintlint

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 07, 2006, 09:10:23 pm
yeah i guess its heath's fault that townes sucked donkey dick tonight and we couldnt make shots.

Heath is the one who should answer for 2- 23 in the SEC.

campbell

Very poor coaching at the end of the game, very bad. We don't need a 3, why take it? You come out of a timeout and get Brewer the ball coming off a screen. Unbelieveable!!!

Amityvillehogger

that is the last thing this team needs right now is for everyone to give up on them. 
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

forrest city joe

i hate to say it but its started all over again. our basketball program is in lots of trouble folks. it's not just this one loss. ask yourself this question. do you think arkansas basketball will ever be a top 15 program year in year out with stan ? i say no. what do you say?

Hogs4Ever

Heath is now 2-23 on the road in the SEC?  Damn.  That's pathetic. 

BigHog396

Well, it looks like we are going to be able to "enjoy" another long SEC season.

taintlint

Quote from: taintlint on January 07, 2006, 09:11:01 pm
Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 07, 2006, 09:10:23 pm

Heath is the one who should answer for 2- 23 in the SEC.

On the road

hogfan13

THE CURSE OF THE SEC ROAD GAMES CONTINUE

chiefsfan

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on January 07, 2006, 09:10:41 pm
ferguson was wide open!! Brewer could'nt see him i guess. eh

Ferguson wouldnt have hit rim
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Mason

Bad Free Throw Shooting cost us again.  How can we be so terrible at the line year in and year out.  Basic fundamental, obviously not coached well.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading.  The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.----Will Rogers

PintailKiller

Another thing, since we lack shooters, why does Heath never give Cranford some shots at least to help shoot over a zone.  His defense cannot be much worse than what I saw tonight.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

taintlint

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 07, 2006, 09:11:25 pm
i hate to say it but its started all over again. our basketball program is in lots of trouble folks. it's not just this one loss. ask yourself this question. do you think arkansas basketball will ever be a top 15 program year in year out with stan ? i say no. what do you say?

Hell no with cherries on top

SDHOG

Thanks Stan!  Thanks for turning our program around.  Thanks for recruiting players that can shoot.  Here's hoping you have a Sunday morning meeting with JFB.

Frank - CALL MIKE ANDERSON!

PintailKiller

Quote from: ballhog on January 07, 2006, 09:10:55 pm
Please tell me they weren't missing their leading scorer...please tell me they weren't starting 4 freshmen.

And their top post player.

hogfankb

we got brewer the ball on both of our last 2 possessions. he missed a wide open three and they double teamed him the second time leaving ferguson wide open behind him. the game was lost at the FT line

taintlint

Quote from: BigHog396 on January 07, 2006, 09:11:43 pm
Well, it looks like we are going to be able to "enjoy" another long SEC season.

Can Dmac and Felix dribble?

Zen_Hog

Ferguson  swished his last 3 he attempted with a hand in hbis face

msudawgs64

don't forget that we also outrebounded the Hogs, one of the areas that we actually are good at.  .
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

hawkeyefan17

The motion offense is fine when it is run right. From what I have seen of the Hogs so far this season (I did not see any of tonights game but have seen most of the other games) they have yet to get the motion offense down.

hogken

one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

chiefsfan

Quote from: campbell on January 07, 2006, 09:11:18 pm
Very poor coaching at the end of the game, very bad. We don't need a 3, why take it? You come out of a timeout and get Brewer the ball coming off a screen. Unbelieveable!!!

we sort of did, he didnt have a shot.  Thomas has that kind of range, and nearly made it

Still you dont lose to Freakin Miss State, they are the worst basketball team in freakin america.   ASU almost beat these guys, and we suck
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Randall baumgartne

Does anyone know how many points brewer had,never mind lets talk about mm dw

taintlint

Quote from: SDHOG on January 07, 2006, 09:12:31 pm
Thanks Stan! Thanks for turning our program around. Thanks for recruiting players that can shoot. Here's hoping you have a Sunday morning meeting with JFB.

Frank - CALL MIKE ANDERSON!

Mike Anderson deserves better than this group.

Boarcephus

You can stick a fork in this years bb season.  MSU is not that good.    I really thought we'd start 3-0, now it may could easily be 0-3.   We'll go 8-8, 7-9, whatever. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogfan13

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 07, 2006, 09:13:52 pm
You can stick a fork in this years bb season. MSU is not that good. I really thought we'd start 3-0, now it may could easily be 0-3. We'll go 8-8, 7-9, whatever.

MSU was 10-3

PintailKiller

Quote from: Randall baumgartne on January 07, 2006, 09:13:28 pm
Does anyone know how many points brewer had,never mind lets talk about mm dw

24 I think

taintlint

chiefsfan

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on January 07, 2006, 09:13:10 pm
Ferguson swished his last 3 he attempted with a hand in hbis face

must have been an invisible hand...

Hogs4Ever

There is still alot of season left and plenty of time to correct the mistakes.  However, it just doesn't look like Heath has what it takes to win in the SEC.  :(

lunchbox72703

don't we get msu in our house later this year?

forrest city joe

I have not givem up on this team. we still may win enough games to get in the ncaa. or we may not. my problem is long term this program is no where near a top 15 program. and it.s going on 4 years. miss st never should have won this game. they should never have been in it. this game is on stan.